Only doing 225 on bench appreciation thread

louis_mayne

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I learned this shyt the hard way... I tore my rotator cuff last May benching 275. I just started benching again in January and my shyt still feel funny. I realized after that I'm not on a sports team fukk I'm lifting heavy for. 225 is my limit on everything bench, squat, dead lift, all that shyt.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I don't feel comfortable going heavy on bench, seen too many videos of shyt going wrong. :sadbron:

If shyt goes wrong with dbs I just toss them shyts and hope no one is walking by :manny:

c/s

The most I've done was 275lbs @ 185lbs for 3 reps....

I remember that thread ski-hat made, I never felt the same about benching again. Honestly, I don't even really care about my chest......

Shoulders and quads are all a n1gga needs...

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I alternate between dumbells and barbell. You get that "grown man strength" on dumbells, but that explosive power with the barbell. I push a lot of weight, but I'm one of those short stocky mufukkas.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
i hear dumbbells are better for range of motion and shyt...but i haven't lifted anything other than 30 lb dumbbells for 3 months...need to get back on it. i was around 12 reps of 225, maxed out at 255.

any nikkas in here who know the best way to burn fat quickly, especially in the mid-section/lower body (no homo)? I want to get my core strength up and get right for the summer.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
For most people there is no need to go any higher....

I got a homebody who is 6'0 about 205-210 yoked up, and in the 2 years I been working out with him I've never seen him bench over 225.

I never understood the dudes with 315 on the bench doing 1-2 rep sets. Talking about "today we going HEAVY!!!"

I'm back up to 185, once I hit 225 again sometime this summer.....I think I'll make that my bench press home as far as weight.......

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I only go over 315 when I am doing a max lift. For the most part I am under 225.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've stuck with 225 on bench with a barbell for over 7 years...there is no need to go over for reps at my size and I've maintained the size I've wanted just fine. I'm 5'10"..170-175lbs. I can do 16 reps on my first set. I do 4 sets so my last set I usually top out at 5 or 6 reps. Clearly I can go higher in weight but I stick to what gave me my results and its safe for me. People always tell me to move the bench weight up but I'm like for what? I see dudes in the gym every week doing dumb shyt like 250+ and only doing like 3-5 reps. IMO that shyt does not give me the fast results or look that I want. Funny every dude that suggests it is nowhere near my shape or strength.

As far as dumbbells for chest..I never been a fan. I always got better results with the barbell :shrugs: . Everybody is different. I stick to flat bench barbell and chest flys on the pulley machines..the results are there so I stick to it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PabloEscobar

Banned
Daps
dumbells at my gym only go up to 150. how nikka pose to bench 300+ without using a barbell. dbs for bodybuilding and bb for strength/athleticism.