Only doing 225 on bench appreciation thread

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
the key to gaining more reps month to month is lifting til failure in every set. I never understood why people go in with a set number of reps they're going to do and stop at that number when they could do more. I lift til failure on every set of every excersizes I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Because neural fatigue increases exponentially faster when you go to failure. Leaving 1-2 reps in the tank has half the effect while still taxing the muscle. If you want a nice lengthy bulk cycle before plateauing, you'll want to leave the "to failure" work for the low rep sets.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Read what that description is for that routine, you're talking about doing that workout without dropping or adding weight, simply doing 21 reps of 225lbs for 10 sets total between Incline and flat :sitdown:

Complete and utter -

300px-DuckTales_(Main_title).jpg

That would be 23.6 tons in volume of weight on just chest, really B?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because neural fatigue increases exponentially faster when you go to failure. Leaving 1-2 reps in the tank has half the effect while still taxing the muscle. If you want a nice lengthy bulk cycle before plateauing, you'll want to leave the "to failure" work for the low rep sets.
Is that right? I used to do that waaaay back in the day and ever since I started lifting til failure I got faster gains....so I never looked back.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Is that right? I used to do that waaaay back in the day and ever since I started lifting til failure I got faster gains....so I never looked back.

I don't know how you lifted then or now so I don't know what to tell ya :manny:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I'm going to start switching it up every couple months back n forth between dumbbells and barbell. I thought it was just me who's shoulders be killin when going heavy w barbell

You are not alone...I heard some shyt tear when I was doing 185lb. :sadbron:

You 5'7''-5'10'' nikkas and your frames...I got the small chest on my tall lanky frame. :pacspit:

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the key to gaining more reps month to month is lifting til failure in every set. I never understood why people go in with a set number of reps they're going to do and stop at that number when they could do more. I lift til failure on every set of every excersizes I do.

This

Every strength coach in the country makes their athletes do this, especially on the last set. People gettin' clowned for going over 225lb?? :childplease:

My last set on barbell is at 315lb, and I go to failure usually knocking out between 3-6 reps. But my workouts vary. I have power days, muscle endurance days, strength days etc.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Ive been lifting at the same gym for 5 years and have yet to meet somebody at my height and weight thats stronger than me on the bench. I know theres out there obviously but id say thats pretty good for sticking with 225.
Got lucky there......

I guarantee i'd out lift you in everything else....

I was benching at 225x10 a few months back. Then Ski-hat had his accident and I scrapped benching for a while....

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
if yall are scared of pulling somethin with higher weight, you can also tear somethin doin high reps especially when fatigue steps in and the form gets sloppy. mess me with all that :upsetfavre:

semtex

:)
Daps
if yall are scared of pulling somethin with higher weight, you can also tear somethin doin high reps especially when fatigue steps in and the form gets sloppy. mess me with all that :upsetfavre:
Yeah i just experienced that bout a week ago with front squats :sadbron:

semtex

:)
Daps
Got lucky there......

I guarantee i'd out lift you in everything else....

I was benching at 225x10 a few months back. Then Ski-hat had his accident and I scrapped benching for a while....
That nikka was benching 495 though.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

exactly

its fatigue and poor nutrition that you want to worry about

I'm speaking from experience of course

:to: my shoulder.....

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
Yeah i just experienced that bout a week ago with front squats :sadbron:

exactly

its fatigue and poor nutrition that you want to worry about

I'm speaking from experience of course

:to: my shoulder.....

yup we've all been there and its worse if you dont stretch/warm up.

im always like :ooh::wow: when i see ppl just hop in to their works at heavy weight