Only 7 Black Students Got Into NY's Most Selective High School, Out of 895 Spots Only 7 out of 895

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I went to a catholic high school, and I'd have to check what the demographics are of catholic high schools throughout the city, but usually if you're a smart kid and a minority, you're almost always recommended Catholic school. My HS (All Hallows) is not a huge school, but 98% of those kids are minorities. We're the exact opposite of these bougie specialized high schools like Bronx Science, Stuy, BK Tech, etc. My high school graduated everyone to a 4 year college and this school is located in the poorest congressional district in America.

Unfortunately there are only but so many schools like the one I went to, and others like Rice started getting closed down. The educational set up in NYC is fukkin trash. Maybe my peers were outliers but I doubt it because every other school we encountered was built with the same goal in mind. Education is very much stressed. I can't necessarily speak on ADOS outside of the kids I knew, but even if we didn't really fukk with you, we didn't wanna see you fail because we knew how hard our parents can be on us when it came to them grades. The faculty was just as hard.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Whatever you say breh . . .:umad:
infact I recall asking you to show me a post of me being colorist, and you still have yet to do so

Everytime I ask you pawgers to post proof of your accusation im a "colorist" yall seem to never be able to post proof:jbhmm:

shyt if you need help using the search function to look my post up I'll gladly help you, you fraud ass nikka.

cmon show me, how much of a "color struck" negro I am. Post proof:mjgrin:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
"And this past weekend, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez did not take a position on the admissions proposal when she spoke about the specialized high schools at an event in her Queens district.

Instead, she argued for broad school improvement, noting that her father traveled across three boroughs from the Bronx to Brooklyn Technical High School.

“My question is, why isn’t every public school in New York City a Brooklyn Tech-caliber school?she asked, to applause from the audience. “Every one should be.” "

I think the bolded is right. Why are we fighting over selective spots instead of creating a better system that benefits 100% of kids instead of 1%?
Yup, public education shouldn't be a race to the top.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Can't refute what I said though:umad:
I've already refuted your crap. This thread confirms it. Balck immigrants are insignificant in the overall picture in regards to overall numbers. I wonder why you're silent on the fact 75% of asians are taking slots at this school, clearly an OVER-REPRESENTED group. Had it been black immigrants at 75% im sure your c00n ass would be in here spitting out antonio moore researched stats and statistics.

Drink acid you anti-black c00n.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
It is a cultural thing, not a race thing. I see the same thing with children of Nigerian parents. They are pushed very hard and mediocrity is not accepted. There’s this thing among some cultures that the only acceptable grade is an A and everything else is failing. That’s not something you just wake up and decide to do. It’s a cultural effort and a societal one as well.

Stop it. So, ADOS parents don't push their children. Hence, the MANY ADOS with degrees -- out of everyone -- and thriving. Stop it.

Yall sound like White people -- white supremacist.

Non-ADOS/immigrants culture is better than those lazy ass Blacks in America huh?

Daps
And all you c00ns do nothing but attack black immigrants. Plus, im not the one starting attacks you fukkboy.

You c00ns are only obsessed with black immigrants because we're successful. Other successful groups you fukks don't even care about. You clowns treat us like white supremacists/nazis attack Jews. Its pathetic.

U made urself a enemy of ados.

By attacking us first.

We on defense against u anti ados c00ns.

And we don't hate on black immigrants success here.

Just point out are history here is way diff and we went through way more in justices so it's not compareable

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
U made urself a enemy of ados.

By attacking us first.

We on defense against u anti ados c00ns.

And we don't have on black immigrants success here.

Just point out are history here is way diff and we went through way more in justices

Not playing oppression olympics with you. But the reality is black people are being victimized GLOBALLY. My people (igbo) have been colonized and were nearly victims of genocide in the 70s. That being said, attacking other black groups IS NOT the way to achieve success ultimately. If only you anti-black c00ns understood that.

That being said black immigrants are gonna be okay. But as you continue to focus on us and ignore the real problem, you'll be the ones ultimately fukked up in the end. Divisiveness achieves nothing.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is so false and untrue.

I am so tired of hearing this lie -- especially from other Black people.

I am assuming "Black Culture" to you means ADOS culture and families. EACH and every one of my grandparents children -- 10 of then - including my mother -- all of their grandkids have college degrees or higher. We are told it's not even a choice -- we will all get degrees and go to college.

Most if not all ADOS parents say the same -- and sacrifice if needed to make sure ADOS go to school.

If we didn't "value" education -- we wouldn't have HBCU's and more. People act like ADOS adults and children are all on the street doing drugs --- ADOS make up the majority in HBCU's and colleges in general here -- in terms of being Black,
Your family is not the race as a whole. Don't extropolate.

And even if we vaule education like you believe the fact still remains that we aren't equipping young people with the skills or tools needed to succeed in higher education.

And even further. We just had a article where it was claimed Howard medical school didn't have 1 male ADOS.

There were more black male med students in the 70s than today. The number of black law students has been declining since the early 2000s.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is this large group of black people just going into IT.

Or maybe we fukking up

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Why are people still perpetuating this tired ass white supremacist talking point that black people don't value education, when there are dozens of scientific studies that show otherwise.

These types of threads just expose this sub-forums obvious lack of basic socio-economic criticism.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How did this even turn into a bash Black Americans/ADOS families? This site is so anti-AA is sickening.
Instead of crying, why aren't you commenting on the fact that asians are taking 75% of the slots at this school? Had it been black immigrants you dumbass would have been the threadstarter.

Im sick of you anti-black c00ns. Bring that same energy you've been bringing at black immigrants and use it to condem these asian IMMIGRANTS actively working to disenfranchise ADOS people. Meanwhile, many black immigrants are enrolled in ADOS institusions, keeping those places alive.

You people are gonna learn to start giving black immigrants more respect. You and tariq are promoting this "anti-immigrant) campaign, with an intense focus on black immigrants and its sickening. All because some immigrant c00n insulted this petty fakkit tariq on twitter. Its disgusting. Yet Asian immigrants are literally SUING TO END AFFRIMATIVE ACTION and you and these other supposed ADOS have nothing to say.

Its pathetic