Only 7 Black Students Got Into NY's Most Selective High School, Out of 895 Spots Only 7 out of 895

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wasn't there a big cheating scandal at that school?
What y'all think they don't cheat to get in?
There's even more pressure on Asians to cheat their way in

fukk a Tiger mom..

:yeshrug:

I actually witnessed that shyt in one of my classes when I did my student teaching. I came into the classroom to clean up for the new year and found a note stuffed into a crack under the desk. I fish it out and open it cause I'm nosy as hell, and it's a copy of a test sheet with a note on it about the answers. It was CLEARLY, as in no doubt whatsoever, answers that had been copied out from one student for his friend to copy. And the kid's name was on his sheet - dude was asian. I looked him up and he had graduated that year and was going Ivy League (I wanna say Harvard but I don't remember 100%).

Now the kid going to Harvard was only helping someone else cheat, I don't know that he was cheating on anything himself, but he at least showed he wasn't morally opposed. The kid who was getting helped didn't have his name anywhere so I don't know who he was.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We are both correct its a two-part solution personal accountability and there needs to be a pathway set up by the government to ensure the kids below do well.

You're correct though so out here in Asia countries like China, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Japan. The best schools are all publicly funded schools. Students kill themselves to get into them and once in they know that they have a good chance to have a good life as the public schools at all levels turn out some of the best results.

Going to a private high school or private university means you couldn't cut it. It's a trip cause the best back home private generally means better.

Finland is often lauded as the best educated kids in the world, they have virtually no private schools. And the school quality is real even too - pretty much everyone gets the same quality of education no matter where you from, even if you're in one of the heavily immigrant areas where all the Arabs and Africans end up.