Only 7 Black Students Got Into NY's Most Selective High School, Out of 895 Spots Only 7 out of 895

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
The problem of asians being OVERREPRESENTED in education has to addressed. Unfortunately a certain demographic of so called black people have decided to attack BLACK immigrants instead of these asian cats.

The problem is even worse in california. Damn near impossible to get into a top cali school as a black man. When the reality is in the 60's and 70's USC, Stanford, Cal State all had sizeable black population and was a fertile ground for the black panthers!

Can't imagine any type of Black Panther type group coming out of these white washed Cali universities of today.

You called yourself a black conservative, and are now out here supporting affirmative action. :mjlol:

YHtDRV3.png

What happened to the “people just need to take responsibility for their own lives and not rely on the welfare government :mjgrin:” fukking clown :camby:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
fukk high school honestly, and I mean fukk that shyt it's an even bigger scam than college. Literally 90% of the shyt taught in highschool is useless to most people and you could learn most of it in fukking middle school. They can pad that shyt out with tons of homework in private schools and extra, unnecessary work in AP courses but that won't take away from the fact it's fundamentally useless. Hs needs to be like 2 years at the most. Everybody so focused on "education" when the average educated person is too stupid to even fukking do the math on their credit card appreciation rate in this country.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
let televisions and computers raise your kids brehs.

:francis:

Asian tiger parents have their kids buried in learning for all of the most important years and people are still confused at how well they're performing in higher education.
Here you are making the same stereotypes about groups of individuals that you chastise black men on here about. And you cried and complained about how Jews were being stereotyped for being “rich”.

You a whole bytch and an agent.

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
It starts at the middle and elementary school levels. The education is shyt and honestly y'all can :mjpls: me all y'all want but black parents give less fukks about their kids education on average than other races. Just pull up to the parent teacher conference and see how many show up.

I went to a predominantly white middle school. The things we were learning were more advanced than anything I was taught at my predominantly black high school in Flatbush.

We had expensive ass microscopes in science class, laptops for us to work on, a good Alumni network, etc. When I went to 9th grade j felt like I was back in the 7th grade. Basic shyt.

I know a few white and Asian kids that went to a and graduated from Stuy.

I'd also like to add that the BEST teachers are way less likely to want to teach in far off black neighborhoods. They want to teach in Chelsea, and Tribeca and those trendy neighborhoods. None want to trek out to East New York or Brownsville. They view it as a drain.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I'd also like to add that the BEST teachers are way less likely to want to teach in far off black neighborhoods. They want to teach in Chelsea, and Tribeca and those trendy neighborhoods. None want to trek out to East New York or Brownsville. They view it as a drain.

Breh, no one really wants to teach in these schools because they're spending 90% of the day managing bad ass kids instead of teaching. :hhh:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem of asians being OVERREPRESENTED in education has to addressed. Unfortunately a certain demographic of so called black people have decided to attack BLACK immigrants instead of these asian cats.

The problem is even worse in california. Damn near impossible to get into a top cali school as a black man. When the reality is in the 60's and 70's USC, Stanford, Cal State all had sizeable black population and was a fertile ground for the black panthers!

Can't imagine any type of Black Panther type group coming out of these white washed Cali universities of today.

Attack ADOS because you're not allowed in the White Man school. :mjlol:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think you're conflating two different issues here; academic achievement and resource accumulation with respect to business/wealth/capital development.
When one shows a direct correlation to other I don't really consider it conflating.
The narrative that education isn't emphasized is a falsehood and a long held lazy trope, often times perpetuated by people who have some narrow minded ideas about "proper" assimilation. Every working class black (or otherwise) person I've come across, especially of a certain generation would vauguely and reflexively reference "education" as a means to get ahead in life. The reason I highlighted HBCU is because it serves as a marker (sometimes superficially) of academic well-beings for blacks in America.
You do realize one of the biggest differences between us and let's say the Asians or the Jews is how we don't push education. Maybe that's part of the reason they eating off us and not the other way around. And HBCUs are a active reflection of black people's education. Underfunded, corrupt, and quickly shutting down. Accurate reflection.
corruptes surrounding the challenges for young black people and education are impacted by cultural phenomenon at times, sure. The analysis has to be detailed, though. It isn't merely, or mostly, the deemphasized priority on education. Note class impact. Note historical impediments. Note legislative failings. Note social structures. It's more than black people not "caring enough".
What class impact? What social structures? What legislative failings? Specifics and how do they apply? Because all things being equal it just seems like you have a handful of kids raised by the parents to compete. While the majority do not.
This all isn't to mention that there's a significant difference between "schooling" and "education". We all know too many ignorant folks with degrees to put so much stock in academic success.And those ignorant folks tend to make more money than those without degrees in the aggregate. Something black people could sorely use.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breh I'm gonna be honest with you. I been looking at the numbers and no we don't have a realistic shot at fixing the black community.:beli:

The culture killing us and the culture could save us. But from where I'm sitting shyts too far gone at this point:mjcry:

If anything get ya money up and go build with some Nigerians. Because AAs done. Put a fork in us:wow:
you dont even live in America so STFU you fukkin agent:russ:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Black culture does not take education seriously. Look at who the youth idolizes and looks up to.. it's not scholars. American culture in general is anti-intellectual but cacs and other privileged groups can afford to cause they control resources.

This is so false and untrue.

I am so tired of hearing this lie -- especially from other Black people.

I am assuming "Black Culture" to you means ADOS culture and families. EACH and every one of my grandparents children -- 10 of then - including my mother -- all of their grandkids have college degrees or higher. We are told it's not even a choice -- we will all get degrees and go to college.

Most if not all ADOS parents say the same -- and sacrifice if needed to make sure ADOS go to school.

If we didn't "value" education -- we wouldn't have HBCU's and more. People act like ADOS adults and children are all on the street doing drugs --- ADOS make up the majority in HBCU's and colleges in general here -- in terms of being Black,