Only 7 Black Students Got Into NY's Most Selective High School, Out of 895 Spots Only 7 out of 895

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We do. But there are many factors here. White and Asian parents simply have the money and assets to educate their children. Blacks do not for a variety of reasons. Some direct, some indirect.

But when you see this story of white parents paying a bunch of money to get their kids illegal entry into schools, you understand why the demographics are the way they are. When you see that inner city schools get little to no funding, you understand why the demographics are the way they are. When you look at black men and women making less than white men and women even while being more educated, you understand why the demographics are where they are. When you look at the US and generational wealth which white people started with and blacks were not allowed to have, you understand why demographics are the way they are. When you look at teachers and guidance councillors pushing black students into trades and white/Asian students into tech, you understand why demographics are the way they are.

Lastly, we also have to look at ourselves and what we are doing. But the blame doesn't just fall on how we are raising these kids.
I disagree that Asian parents have more money or resources for these tests. I went to IS131 where most of my classmates were poor and come from parents that didn't even speak English but I know a lot of them made it to these schools. If you have money already I think you're less motivated to take these tests to begin with. Personally in my own experience, I had to push myself to study for the tests without any courses or help from my parents cuz they were busy working.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas without kids in here running their mouth again.

I've actually sat down with kids after school and worked with them while they read, wrote and studied to the point of tears.

It's detrimental.

There's an ebb and flow. You cats without kids wont learn until its too late. You probably come from the school of thought that whooping your kid will force them to get better math scores.

I'll let yall cook, continue to think Asian and white people's kids go to school from 8 to 3 then study from 4 to 9 then go to bed Monday through friday and even then study 4 more hours on the weekend.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
that’s crazy...I went to bronx science...even tho it was still majority white/asian there were a lot of black/latino students there @ the time (early 90s)...enough so that we even had our own student organization

Black and Latino ain’t the same thing breh, stop including them. Believe it or not, a bunch of Latins write white on census/applications.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
For all you c00ns and cacs talking about how blacks don’t value education. Can you not leave out the fact, that most of these black kids are being educated by white supremacists and they’re unfairly being funneled into special ed?

I’m 26, so I’m not that far removed from the standard education system, and I vividly remember dealing with white supremacist teachers and faculty in the public and private school system.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a tough one. If 74% of the students are Asian, the Black students probably 5% and the cacs like 20%..

At some point we have to confront the ugly truth that your kids education and future is not up to him/her alone..it's a complete family effort. From the Asians I knew, their parents expected not only A's, but head of the class. It's not enough to get an A..you have to actually beat your classmates and take 1st place, the Asians take that stuff seriously. Here they are practicing for future job prospects when youre competing with other people.
When they get home, no TV and shyt, it's homework and revision till you have mastered the days lessons.
We all know how Black kids are allowed to run amock by their parents and basically do as we please.
Asians aren't smarter than anyone else..their culture is competitive and mediocrity is frowned upon.
We could learn something from them.

I think that non-white people act according to the ways white supremacy dictates in Amerikkka. Asians are merely playing their position. The NFL is like 75% black and who can name Asian NFL players off the top of their head? :ohhh:And Samoans and blasians don't count. White supremacy says Asians are smarter than everyone else. Is it true? fukk no. But white perception becomes reality because the dominant society believe something is true, it becomes true whether it's actually true or not. Asians pursue education to succeed because that is the main avenue in which white Amerikkka will allow them to succeed. Even though Asians are hella educated, they are underrepresented in the boardroom and in leadership positions. Just like how sports and entertainment is what white people tell black people they are good at. And we believe that horseshyt. Are black people really naturally better at sports than everyone else? fukk no. But when society thinks the only thing you good at is dribbling a ball up and down a hardwood court, you're going to fukking do it and practice like a motherfuker to leve you better than everyone else. I'm from the Bay and every other Asian nikka where I'm from is China Mac. :whoa:But if I were out in some whitewashed area like Montgomery County, Maryland, every other nikka is Carlton Banks.

Stereotypes ain't everything. I read somewhere this weird fact that Asians were actually the poorest group in NYC. :dahell:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-american-poverty-nyc_us_58ff7f40e4b0c46f0782a5b6

Asians feel they need all that education just to compete with cacs. We all have seen how white privilege works. White privilege is just show up and be a mayo slathered cac and we'll provide you a stress free upper middle class lifestyle in the suburbs or upper class white majority city environment with a nice house you own, a reliable car and an easy office job.:hhh:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I knew Black people would get blamed :mjlol:

U cacs n c00ns mane I tell ya:wow:

1st page and it's mostly:

- The black community doesn't stress education
- Black people don't know the requirements to get in
- Something something ASIANS something something IMMIGRANTS

Let them tell it, only a handful of black parents were diligent enough to apply and prepare their children for testing

Apparently, there's only 7 black households that take their childrens' seriously

:mjpls:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It is a combination of things, chalking most of it to culture is a mistake though. It's apparent people have resentment over not having a lot of social capital growing up, and not getting enough credit from their peers for "being smart"...my advice for you cats is to get over it because it's undermining your objectivity and ability to look at this issue through multilayered lens.

Even if culture were the main factor, it would still have to be analyzed alongside other relevant factors. That is why the data pointing to the Black folk's valuing education isn't really relevant to me, because simply valuing education does not mean you have the systems and habits to make the most out of your education. The way the system is set up, it is primarily up to the school to provide those habits, and provide them at an early age. Parents have a supplementary role as there are limits to what systems they can transfer and teach, whether implicitly or explicitly, and no amount of moral grandstanding is going to change that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is a tough one. If 74% of the students are Asian, the Black students probably 5% and the cacs like 20%..

At some point we have to confront the ugly truth that your kids education and future is not up to him/her alone..it's a complete family effort. From the Asians I knew, their parents expected not only A's, but head of the class. It's not enough to get an A..you have to actually beat your classmates and take 1st place, the Asians take that stuff seriously. Here they are practicing for future job prospects when youre competing with other people.
When they get home, no TV and shyt, it's homework and revision till you have mastered the days lessons.
We all know how Black kids are allowed to run amock by their parents and basically do as we please.
Asians aren't smarter than anyone else..their culture is competitive and mediocrity is frowned upon.
We could learn something from them.
Agree with part of this, except for the "learn from them" part. Genius & academic excellence is part of ALL of our cultures and heritages. If anything, we can learn from past examples from OUR pasts . People learned and succeeded with EVERY legal and social force against them.
Yet today the "bu bu bu bu but crowd with excuses".
Thread about creativity, everybody is here beating chests talking about what this artist did or what music,dance,instrument comes from where.
Thread about academics...the voices are a lot lower and people are copping pleas.
I don't think I'm the only one who noticed that.