Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

Daps
Shut up c00n!!

Native Americans are doing just as badly, they are at 17% proficient

Its a problem of structural entrenched racism that has caused a rot.
i’m a c00n for acknowledging reality? how many native americans are there in this country? oh, that’s right, they were virtually wiped out. there are approximately 50,000,000 million black people in this country.

comparing us to a group that is suffering from the ravages of genocide isn’t logical.

:unimpressed:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I had them Kumon then switch to Best Brains. I also, called the library to utilize these bundle pick ups. The books are coded to match the school reading curriculum and to ensure they’re reading at level. We switch the bundle of books out bi-weekly or so. Then I signed up for the library reading program, this program incentivizes them based how many books are read.

I will say, we speak with our school administrators often and volunteer. They will connect you with all the free resources provided from your school district. (for those that can’t afford the Kumon/Best Brains). My oldest completed a a free math program this summer. The met her, virtually, every morning.
now THIS is parenting and will help with solving the issue.

me and the wife are PTA, has its benefits especially when you connect with the community to support the children. networking is gold,

where do you live at?

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
at this point, shyt, we need black panthers back. you cant just tell millions of ghetto people to do better; you are going to need people in the community creating systems of education independent of the government and economy that put us in this position to begin with.
this right here lets me know how many folks were completely unprepared to bring a life into this world. no structure, no finances, no education and wanna bring a life into this world smh

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
slaves were teaching each other how to read and we talking about racism stopping nikkas reading 150 years later

:dead: this is part of the issue..Zero accountability
it always is. 3 years before slavery ended, black folks operated the first black hospital IIRC. and these nikkas still out here talking about white folks keeping them from reading :laugh:

Freedmen's Hospital (Washington, DC)

Freedmen's Hospital was established 1862 in Washington, DC by the Medical Division of the Freedmen's Bureau to provide the much needed medical care to slaves, especially those freed following the aftermath of the Civil War. The hospital was located on the grounds belonging to Howard University and was the only Federally-funded health care facility for African Americans in the nation.

It still exists today as Howard University Hospital, one of only three remaining traditional Black hospitals. The Freedmen's Bureau existed for only four years, but during that time a movement was started that paved the way for some ninety new hospitals for Blacks and other health care facilities. Each state acquired some type of health care facility around 1865 through the turn of the century. By 1900, there were about forty Black hospitals.

Last edited:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
this right here lets me know how many folks were completely unprepared to bring a life into this world. no structure, no finances, no education and wanna bring a life into this world smh
i dont blame em. all groups of people had ancestors that persisted through very low moments. as painful as it is, life does come first and improvements come second.