Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The majority of Americans can barely read at proficiency which is why most newspapers are written at a 5th grade level.

Not being able to read or comprehend is far from just a black issue.

Right

Tell them to do this same test at poor schools full of white kids & i guarantee itā€™s the same

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
No excuse for this.

Can't blame the white man, bc even slaves taught each other how to read.

I have personally noticed some kids who are 16-ish and they aren't where I was at 16 in terms of pronunciation and knowing the meaning of words when reading .

And these kids go to good schools. Some of it is phones just being a supreme distraction in school

Hereā€™s the thing, you can blame white people all day long and wouldnā€™t be incorrect in doing soā€¦ but then what?

At some point we got to want better for ourselves. These folks ainā€™t going to do right by us out the kindness of their heart and that should becoming more and more apparent everyday.

Stop having kids out of wedlock if for no other reason that you have a support system and can fill in the gaps for your childā€™s development process since you have two adults in the household.

Last edited:

ā˜‘ļøŽ#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Even if you double that number its...barely 40%...if you TRIPLE it...its barely 60%....

How off do yall think the numbers really are? :whoo:

Lets be honest...with the loss of affirmative action we're in for a MAJOR deficient but... what it takes to get out of that :wow:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hereā€™s the thing, you can blame white people all day long and wouldnā€™t be incorrect in doing soā€¦ but then what?

At some point we got to olwant better for ourselves. These folks ainā€™t going to do right by us out the kindness of their heart and that should becoming more and more apparent everyday.

Stop having kids out of wedlock if for no other reason that you have a support system and can fill in the gaps for your childā€™s development process since you have two adults in the household.

Some people have literally been dumbed down by white supremacy literally.

Via economic racism, environmental racism, social racism, etc.

I say that to say that a lot of our people frankly don't know any better.

It's the job of the people who do know better to bring the others along.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We got a culture problem. Everybody knows it except us apparently.

A culture that literally makes black kids (specifically the boys) EMBARRASSED to be seen as smart, respectful, well-spoken & well-behaved.

A culture that forces lots of our youth to dumb themselves down in order to fit in with what they see in popular culture or else be viewed as "lame" (or even white :snoop: ) and having no friends or even teased and bullied.

We also have an image problem. Alot of black youth simply can't imagine themselves doing anything besides being posted up on the block, dribbling a basketball or rapping.