Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
This is based on standardized testing. It's gauging comprehension and critical thinking as well as other literacy skills. It's not just about being able to simply read or write words. Many people can read and write, but have poor literacy skills.

How would you define literacy?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Between all that Kai Cenat stuff, that other event over the summer in Chicago with those kids vandalizng things, all the recent Twitch bs over the summer, etc.

Most schools open up next week and I honestly have a bad feeling about this year.

I think we're getting into make or break territory and in 2-3 years these "kids" will have kids of their own. Less kids entering college than ever additionally.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps

Literacy and math levels increasing will change our material conditions

Can’t foster ignorance and expect things to go your way

We are robbing our community of a full, meaningful life when we push and perpetuate ignorant backwards stuff

Especially since we are moving towards a mind work civilization now. Swagging through shyt isn’t gonna cut it anymore

Last edited:

Unolove

All Star
Daps
Smh

I dumbed myself down as a kid when I went to a black middle school but I grew out of that

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I don't think African Americans in this country -- especially those with children -- realize how serious this is, especially with AA being flatlined. These kids can tell you everything going on in pop culture at the drop of a hat but can't read or compute intermediate algebra. They've shifted into overdrive to further disenfranchise us and are continuing to up the stakes and black parents still don't get what they're about to send their kids out to face.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Standardized testing needs to disappear. America needs to embrace the Scandinavian education model, pr else it will self destruct in countless waves of school shootings.

We need to stop making teachers making reading a CHORE and a PUNISHMENT for children as disciplinary punishments. Reading should be FUN, not BORING.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think African Americans in this country -- especially those with children -- realize how serious this is, especially with AA being flatlined. These kids can tell you everything going on in pop culture at the drop of a hat but can't read or compute intermediate algebra. They've shifted into overdrive to further disenfranchise us and are continuing to up the stakes and black parents still don't get what they're about to send their kids out to face.

I don't even think we're considering how ESL programs are being pushed in the same cities black people heavily populate..

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Literacy and math levels increasing will change our material conditions

Can’t foster ignorance and expect things to go your way

We are robbing our community of a full, meaningful life when we push and perpetuate ignorant backwards stuff

Especially since we are moving towards a mind work civilization now. Swagging through shyt isn’t gonna cut it anymore

Crack Era glorifoed fast money and ridiculed the black intellectual outside of the church.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crack Era glorifoed fast money and ridiculed the black intellectual outside of the church.

That’s complicated…. During the same era, black HBCU enrollment went up by like 30 percent……. America in general has always glorified fast money regardless of color or social status……. It wasn’t exclusively a black thing….

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Standardized testing needs to disappear. America needs to embrace the Scandinavian education model, pr else it will self destruct in countless waves of school shootings.

We need to stop making teachers making reading a CHORE and a PUNISHMENT for children as disciplinary punishments. Reading should be FUN, not BORING.
negged and hopefully you get a knock at the door from them people