Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People love to play dumb on here :francis:

@HarlemHottie @Field Marshall Bradley

If Education is so encouraged like yall trying to claim, then why are our people and our schools doing so poorly, across the entire Nation? :jbhmm:

Don’t conflate your fukked up persona(key word) childhood experiences and Insecurities with a nuanced and systemic situation…. The fact you’re trying to do so reveals you weren’t that bright as you claimed to be…..:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps

The culture....

Your culture
1_SDC_MDG_-CHPc_51694JPG.jpg
you fukking dirty footed po peck trash cac :pacspit:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Don’t conflate your fukked up persona(key word) childhood experiences and Insecurities with a nuanced and systemic situation…. The fact you’re trying to do so reveals you weren’t that bright as you claimed to be…..:

Nah, I gave a direct example of something that you claimed NEVER happens. That is all. Has nothing to do with insecurities you want me to have.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
what’s a good book that’s not boring to read that’s not about black history no offense, no sellout. ngl im not a reader at all (i read the autobiography of malcolm x and watched the movie)

im trying to keep up with the miscellaneous bs corporate cacs like to go on about

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
So you think they lied about the study?
I haven’t read the study. I don’t know how it was designed. I tend to disregard any study that concludes black people are deficient when comparing us to other people.

I’ve seen studies that claimed black brains are inferior or black women are less beautiful. All these studies are backed by “science” and all these studies are designed to guarantee an outcome.

I’ll only believe 5 of 6 black seniors are deficient if the study concludes other ethnicities are equally deficient.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So you didn't use the context.... I even led with your PERSONAL experience in the previous post. You tried to make your anecdote(which is real life, granted) a general rule in the black community..... So again, let me stress, maybe you weren't getting picked on for being bright...... maybe, you were just a weird, geekish, easy cat to pick on........

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I haven’t read the study. I don’t know how it was designed. I tend to disregard any study that concludes black people are deficient when comparing us to other people.

I’ve seen studies that claimed black brains are inferior or black women are less beautiful. All these studies are backed by “science” and all these studies are designed to guarantee an outcome.

I’ll only believe 5 of 6 black seniors are deficient if the study concludes other ethnicities are equally deficient.
:ehh:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
See here: NAEP Reading: National Achievement-Level Results

NAEP has four levels: Below Basic, Basic, Proficient, and Advanced

Proficient is a level of mastery. Black folks are lowest but at 17%, not 12%, though it isn't much better. But NAEP Proficient is not literacy.

Only 50% of Asians and 47% of Whites achieved NAEP Proficient for comparison. Along with us Native Americans were at 23% and Hispanics at 25%.

There is a problem though in 50% of Blacks are Below Basic and only 1% are advanced. Compare that with 10% of Whites and 13% of Asians at Advanced and only 21% of Whites below basic. So yeah, for half of us basic functional literacy is tentative.

What is crazier is 30 years ago in 1992 only 39% of Black people were below Basic so shyt is going downhill.

To add more context to your comment

Grade 12​

NAEP Basic
(265)​
Twelfth-grade students performing at the NAEPBasic level should be able to demonstrate an overall understanding and make some interpretations of the text. When reading text appropriate to twelfth grade, they should be able to identify and relate aspects of the text to its overall meaning, extend the ideas in the text by making simple inferences, recognize interpretations, make connections among and relate ideas in the text to their personal experiences, and draw conclusions. They should be able to identify elements of an author’s style.
NAEP Proficient
(302)​
Twelfth-grade students performing at the NAEPProficient level should be able to show an overall understanding of the text which includes inferential as well as literal information. When reading text appropriate to twelfth grade, they should be able to extend the ideas of the text by making inferences, drawing conclusions, and making connections to their own personal experiences and other readings. Connections between inferences and the text should be clear, even when implicit. These students should be able to analyze the author’s use of literary devices.
NAEP Advanced
(346)​
Twelfth-grade students performing at the NAEPAdvanced level should be able to describe more abstract themes and ideas in the overall text. When reading text appropriate to twelfth grade, they should be able to analyze both the meaning and the form of the text and explicitly support their analyses with specific examples from the text. They should be able to extend the information from the text by relating it to their experiences and to the world. Their responses should be thorough, thoughtful, and extensive.