Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I'm not surprised. Half these young brehs seem to end every sentence with the phrases "type shyt" or "on gang" as if they're punctuation marks. :snoop:
Don’t forget the most common period for ending sentences, “nikka”.
You can tell most folks, beyond black folks even, are illiterate as hell by their social media posts and this very board. Misuse of “apart”, “there/their/they’re”, and just run on sentences like they’re 100% ADHD.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
The reports are “real”

But this is a measure of them being able to get a certain score on a standardized test. Not just generally being able to read and comprehend.

There’s lots a reasons a kid migh not do great on these tests. Also probably lots of them scored very close to “proficient”

Stories like this are misleading and mostly shared to illicit a negative response/view of black people:manny:
Standardized tests aren’t tricks .

There isn’t anything misleading about this.

Downplaying this is an issue .

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Standardized tests aren’t tricks .

There isn’t anything misleading about this.

Downplaying this is an issue .
Never said it was a trick.

Actual teachers, researchers and psychologists have talked about the problems with standardized tests.

Further context is not “downplaying” anything. If you view it that way, it’s because the facts don’t fit your agenda :manny:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
As an SEN teacher
I can honestly say
Many children are on the autistic spectrum undiagnosed
Many children have mild dyslexia undiagnosed

So many factors Important to take into consideration concerning a child's educational development

Parents should be more Viligent (😭)
:jbhmm:
Ma'am...

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah these numbers are definitely believable. Just think of all the shillbrehs who read any post critical of the Democratic party and somehow comprehend it as some kind of support for MAGA.

They'd definitely fall in that 83%.

These reports are real .

1000%.

Maybe its me but i dont believe those stats. :yeshrug: they are always trying to downplay black peoples intelligence to the point that people REALLY believe that shyt. Stop looking for the enemy to show your greatness because they want to cripple you psychologically by showing you and making you believe that you are less than. You see how theyre throwing these bullshyt stats saying 17%. Thats purposely done and bullshyt lies. Understand of what controlling your image also has to do with how you think when it comes how you view blackness, black people, and yourself if you are black. Yall are so quick to believe that shyt too because subconciously you share the same views about black people being inferior like these white supremacists do. I didnt see anybody questioning how they conducted the research to come up with those stats. Yall need to question everything.

I had to repost this with the bolded. We manifest what we believe. Change your mindset.

Last edited:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
This is the parent’s fault. They don’t read with their kids when they’re young, and they don’t force their kids to read outside of schoolwork, or hire tutors when needed.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
We should be able to dap laugh our posts because that was cheesy but I couldn't help myself il be viligently sure not to mock it again

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law