Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So out of roughly 20 black students only about three of them can read at a decent level?

I’m assuming math proficiency is even worse. How can anyone who claims to care about black America overlook these numbers? This is the fundamental reason why we’ve failed to gain ground post-civil rights. Those numbers are absolutely jaw dropping
Yep. This is the stuff that needs to be discussed endlessly amongst us instead of dumb shyt like arguing over skin tone, or gender war bs.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
What subject you teaching and how effectively are you teaching it? If You treat your profession as a drill exercise instead of pleasure, then no one will learn, or learn as little as possible to pass your class and forget it altogether.
I don’t treat as a drill but you have standards you have to learn. And copying homework off instagram is cheating. I can’t stop them posting the shyt on instagram but I can make my work more individualized so this isn’t a factor anymore.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
We aren't going to do this. Children in schools are clowned for raising their hands, answering questions, and being smart. Called a geek, teacher's pet, and other demeaning names, and many kids fall victim to this kind of Peer Pressure.

I was on the receiving end of both sides, had an older Brother selling drugs in the neighborhood buy me a Jansport because my bookbag straps were popped, and he was always proud that I always had my books with me...but they were popped because a couple bad ass kids in my class ripped them off, for always "doing my homework". I ended up fighting them (this was 3rd Grade) but no kid should have to be forced to fight due to taking their education serious.

@Matt504 Peer Pressure is real in many schools.
Boo hoo. Stop being p*ssy and throw hands.

In first grade, I could read the NYT. My teacher, a good old school black teacher, was like 'why are you here? why not go to aa good school?' My mother told her, bc I had to get to know my people. And I did. First time a bytch tried to extort me for grades, I told that bytch pull up at 3 o'clock. Being scary is curse that will follow you for life.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
No surprise here, I never see a Barnes and Nobles get flash mobbed and raided lol

Daps

In first grade, I could read the NYT. My teacher, a good old school black teacher, was like 'why are you here? why not go to aa good school?' My mother told her, bc I had to get to know my people. And I did. First time a bytch tried to extort me for grades, I told that bytch pull up at 3 o'clock. Being scary is curse that will follow you for life.
Ma’am, you’re encouraging black kids to use physical violence, because someone is making fun of them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Preach…. Being smart was never frowned upon when I was growing up in the hood… matter of fact, it was encouraged… as long as you weren’t pretentious or a weirdo, nobody would really fukk with you for the most part… even some of the legit weirdos/geeks in jr high grew bigger and started lifted weights and playing sports… Some were still legit weird but you didn’t want no smoke with em…. Bottom line is what you said…. If you let motherfukkas bully you throughout your entire school years, it’s your fault at the end of the day….

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Ma’am, you’re encouraging black kids to use physical violence, because someone is making fun of them.
:stopitslime:Yes tf I am. I aint from nowhere nice.

I even had to threaten a white bytch once. I, unbeknownst to her, had an open relationship and she thought she was gon snitch. I told that bytch to mind her mf'ing business or she was gon get laid out, heard nothing else.

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
. Being smart was never frowned upon when I was growing up in the hood… matter of fact, it was encouraged… as long as you weren’t pretentious or a weirdo, nobody would really fukk with you for the most part
And there you go! I'm sick of these weirdo nerds coming on line making us look crazy.

No, you were weird in a black school, and likely weird in a white school, foh. :camby: