Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
As long as being a "nikka nerd" is a negative, these types of trends will continue. :yeshrug:

As long as people keep pushing stupid narratives such as this. We will never get to the root of the problem

Black parents must be actively involved in their child's education .

School is not a babysitting institution.

I see 5-6 year old babies up and about at 12 o clock at night on the street.

The parental structure within the community is trash

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
As long as people keep pushing stupid narratives such as this. We will never get to the root of the problem

Black parents must be actively involved in their child's education .

School is not a babysitting institution.

I see 5-6 year old babies up and about at 12 o clock at night on the street.

The parental structure within the community is trash

Those aren't mutually exclusive issues IMO. :unimpressed:

Cats would literaly clown a nikka for doing well in school until it was report card day and they were singing like Soulja Boy. :manny:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
It's sad and the parents are a direct result of this failure.

Too many parents aren't fit to be parents and rather live their best life than teach their children to read..

As a result I have to deal with inarticulate imbeciles who can barely string together a 4th grade-level expression....

Americans in general aren't too bright and this isn't one bit surprising...

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Don't believe everything you read. I know what I see in real life, and I don't see 5 in 6 kids having the deficiencies they tell us we have. Go outside and talk to real people.
Did you test these real people in reading? Speaking skill and reading skill don’t always match up.

Henny and_ HotWings

A well seasoned nikka
Daps
Reppin
Bmore stand up!
As much as I hate to say it, if a kid can’t read like that by the 12th grade… parents are DEFINITELY more than half the blame, if not all.

One thing I notice about a lot of people now a days is they take care of their kids and some even raise them well…. But a large percentage ain’t actually TEACHING them shyt. Just handing them iPads and doing the bare minimum

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
shytty parenting that leaves the raising of their own child to the State..just because theyre Black doesnt mean we should tip toe around the issue.

Youre supposed to prepare your kids for school long before they even attend preschool..youre meant to teach them how to read, write and count before they even step in a kindergarten and meet a teacher.

If you dont want kids dont have them in the first fukking place..

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
As a woman of color and former Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) middle-school teacher, I’m enraged about these statistics and how our education system is failing Black children. I’m also concerned that so few media outlets are talking about it.:mjlol::pachaha::camby:

I live here and i can tell u ,, its more on the mothers and fathers thats not giving a fukk because they focus more on they own thing than they children education

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
🧢

Don’t fall for this bullshyt. Do y’all honestly believe just 12% of black high school kids are literate?!
Sadly, when I was in HS we had to do a literacy test in 10th grade and I had a bunch of friends who failed.

I was shocked because all you had to do was read then paraphrase, what I thought was simple stories.

So much has gone wrong over centuries which added up this.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
As a woman of color and former Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) middle-school teacher, I’m enraged about these statistics and how our education system is failing Black children. I’m also concerned that so few media outlets are talking about it.:mjlol::pachaha::camby:

I live here and i can tell u ,, its more on the mothers and fathers thats not giving a fukk because they focus more on they own thing than they children education

Until dysfunctiponal parents are held to account by the higher power, it'll never change.

If your child cant read at a certain age, the parent has to get hauled in somewhere..