Only 17% of Black 12th graders nationally are proficient in literacy.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Literacy and math levels increasing will change our material conditions

Can’t foster ignorance and expect things to go your way

We are robbing our community of a full, meaningful life when we push and perpetuate ignorant backwards stuff

Especially since we are moving towards a mind work civilization now. Swagging through shyt isn’t gonna cut it anymore

But we’d have to humble these wiki scholars from Tariq to Sebi who perpetuate thinly knowledged bullshyt to our detriment

We need more black academic classism. The barrier to entry from bullshyt artists is a problem.

So yeah it means rejecting religion and superstition too.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
negged and hopefully you get a knock at the door from them people

The American education system has to die, so that a better one takes its place. All these schools do, is teach you to HATE the foundation of learning.

I hope A.I. replaces the teaching profession at some point in our lifetimes.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I don't think African Americans in this country -- especially those with children -- realize how serious this is, especially with AA being flatlined. These kids can tell you everythingici going on in pop culture at the drop of a hat but can't read or compute intermediate algebra. They've shifted into overdrive to further disenfranchise us and are continuing to up the stakes and black parents still don't get what they're about to send their kids out to face.
I made a post talking about how African Americans care too much about entertainment and I got flamed for it

all types of "Americans do that in general! why single us out?" cope like we aren't the worst with this shyt when we are NOT in a position to be overly focused on bullshyt. We got encyclopedic knowledge of actors, musicians & athletes but don't care to know about shyt that actually matters in life. And it's not just the kids, it's the adults too and even our elderly (boomers)

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
That’s complicated…. During the same era, black HBCU enrollment went up by like 30 percent……. America in general has always glorified fast money regardless of color or social status……. It wasn’t exclusively a black thing….

The black intellectual was first mocked back in the 80s, and it still is here. Before that, the concept of calling a black kid with good grades "lame" was non existent.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Based on that report everybody is failing only 31 percent of students nationwide are proficient??

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The American education system has to die, so that a better one takes its place. All these schools do, is teach you to HATE the foundation of learning.

I hope A.I. replaces the teaching profession at some point in our lifetimes.

Dude.. If nobody in your personal life encourages your academic success, you may still end up with piss poor results despite having the best teachers/schools. Education has to be cultivated outside of the four walls of a school building..

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
do you guys think that some of these kids have issues with ADD, and have gone unnoticed due to lack of medical coverage?
It seems like every other Black person has undiagnosed depression, anxiety, something

Mental health is just now being discussed, but you'll still hear ppl handwave depression as just being sad or satanic

I would not be surprised it that's the case too, it's really sad

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
And each year the education system lowers the bar..
Literacy and math levels increasing will change our material conditions
I don't think African Americans in this country -- especially those with children -- realize how serious this is, especially with AA being flatlined.
They've shifted into overdrive to further disenfranchise us and are continuing to up the stakes and black parents still don't get what they're about to send their kids out to face.
at this point, shyt, we need black panthers back. you cant just tell millions of ghetto people to do better; you are going to need people in the community creating systems of education independent of the government and economy that put us in this position to begin with.
:what: What the fukk stoppin' y'all from doin' the bolded? Y'all know issa problem, what y'all waitin' for - election season?

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Result of bad/no parenting and social media. Mainly the lack of parents teaching priorities and the fact that TikTok is mainstream as fukk.

I sometimes feel weird when I have to reword or explain my word usage to people in my age group because their vocabulary isn't as broad, knowing I really don't even have that extreme of a vocabulary. I mean I'm up there and always trying to understand more elaborate terms, definitions, and syntax, but I still don't think it should be so much of a distance between me and people that graduated within a few years of me.

I do notice a lot of them say they didn't take school seriously, but neither did I. I just liked English/reading/speech kuz they were the easiest and potentially the most important for success. Only classes besides gym that I never skipped.

Sure I had ap English language and AP literature my last 2 years but honestly those should be standard kuz they weren't difficult at all. It's just a memory game. You have to pay attention tho

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Dude.. If nobody in your personal life encourages your academic success, you may still end up with piss poor results despite having the best teachers/schools. Education has to be cultivated outside of the four walls of a school building..

Thats like blaming someone being born with a disability or being born into poverty. Yes, the parents have to make the basis of reading and learning INTERESTING, but at the same time these teachers are with these kids more than their parents for 5 days out of the week, for 9 months out of the calendar year. If you make the kids classroom stay into something redundant and boring, they resent the concept of intellectual development altogether. Some even will lash out violently against the school staff themselves.

In all, we gotta embrace the Scandinavian education model/ TED Talks paradigm, or else we have a sea worth of anti-intellectuals into adulthood condoning stupidity as the norm. Yes, the teachers are much to blame for the kids not being interested in learning if they program them into robots instead of developing people.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: What the fukk stoppin' y'all from doin' the bolded? Y'all know issa problem, what y'all waitin' for - election season?

Nah.. People like @Wild self says we can't do sh*t on our own. You can't even push these posters to want better. Its always some outside force is holding them back from reading and math.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Nah.. People like @Wild self says we can't do sh*t on our own. You can't even push these posters to want better. Its always some outside force is holding them back from reading and math.
Lets not act like outside forces don't exist...
What's stopping people concerned about their people from helping their people without help from other people?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The black intellectual was first mocked back in the 80s, and it still is here. Before that, the concept of calling a black kid with good grades "lame" was non existent.

Slaves use to make fun of other slaves who could read on the plantation.. What are you talking about?