Online gaming is a toxic and racist environment

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't game a lot but I've experienced some of this. In GTA V I just used to troll the racists until they leave the lobby. Most other games I ignore it.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
And this started way before voice chat was normalized in gaming.

I've had "******" slung at me through text during my Quake 3 Arena days. Piss somebody off enough in Unreal Tournament and "****** ****** ******." :skip:

This was without having any clue of someone's race and ethnicity, just general location. :skip:

Made me realize early European cacs ain't no different than American cacs. :ehh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
what a huge revelation. ground breaking research here y'all:comeon:

the gaming community consist of mostly neckbeards and incels. i've been to a few conventions and gaming tournaments and I was walking around the whole time like :scust::gucci: just a bunch of weirdos who don't know deodorant or what a good shower is.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
And this started way before voice chat was normalized in gaming.

I've had "******" slung at me through text during my Quake 3 Arena days. Piss somebody off enough in Unreal Tournament and "****** ****** ******." :skip:

This was without having any clue of someone's race and ethnicity, just general location. :skip:

Made me realize early European cacs ain't no different than American cacs. :ehh:

And this is what confuses me about people saying 'y'all soft to these racists white people in their place online" or whatever. Who wants to argue with some racist over and over again who only screams the N word in some aggressive demonic spaz out manner and nothing else. They a lost cause.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
It's socially accepted to swing on someone who says that stuff in real life, but if it is online you are a b!tch if you can't ignore it :hhh:

Or you could just talk shyt back and not catch feelings.

First off, if you think you're entitled to the same respect you get in real life, face to face, when you're nothing more than just a username on a online game. then you just need to log the fukk off. Just don't even use the internet. Like I said, if you can't handle it, then just play single player.

I'm very surprised that nikkas on this site complaining. I seen more disrespectful shyt taking on this forum than I have ever in any online gaming.

Trash talking has existed and is common to anything competitive related prior to online gaming.

Now the racist shyt :camby:

Just find a squad of people that don't tolerate and boot the individual out.

From Halo 2 to Halo 3 (prior to party chat), I always had a squad that do nothing but talk shyt in our customs games and we didn't tolerate any racism.

I’m sorry but you nikkaz must be soft ...

I lay into any white boy who tries that shyt

If it’s that much of a problem mute them, but to not play what you want to play when you want cuz you afraid of what someone might say ....

I just don’t understand that mindset

When I started playing more with online friends, this happens less. :yeshrug: We have whole community of the nonwhite folks to game with.

Exactly. Facts.

Last edited: