Online gaming is a toxic and racist environment

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
My 12 year old son is asking to finally get Fortnite on the XboxOne. He’s quite literally the only one of his friends who hasn’t played it yet.

I’m debating caving since he isn’t pressing us for it, but we know he wants it. He is an honor roll kid who doesn’t swear or do mean shyt.

I may only let him play when I’m in the room with him or some shyt.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
My 12 year old son is asking to finally get Fortnite on the XboxOne. He’s quite literally the only one of his friends who hasn’t played it yet.

I’m debating caving since he isn’t pressing us for it, but we know he wants it. He is an honor roll kid who doesn’t swear or do mean shyt.

I may only let him play when I’m in the room with him or some shyt.
On Xbox u can go to the community page of the fortnite game, there is a section called “multiplayer “ look through the multiplayer section for players looking for a group. There is ALWAYS 10-14 year old kids looking for other kids their age to play with. Of course watching him is key BUT he can make 10-14 year old friends that you don’t have to worry as much about. It’s a great feature ( the main reason I like Xbox over PlayStation).

He can literally find 3 other kids his age to team with in less than 5 minutes

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
Been known this. This is why NINTENDO has the GOAT online setup. Game is silent. Trolls must download the app inorder to speak. Most trolls wont put in the effort and everyone wins.

fukk open online communications. Americans are too sick and toxic to communicate with randomly.

Actually, the last time this happened was the other week on Twitch, it was an East Asian (in Asia) saying the N word randomly, upon seeing a Black character in game, literally dozens of time..like seeing that character enraged him. Streamer had to DC.

Didn't know Nintendo had this type of set up. Have a Wii U sitting here, but don't play multiplayer, unless that's for Switch?

^^Smart. After an incident with trolls and my 9 yo nephew, which really upset him, I don't allow them to play even kiddish games with voice chat, unless I'm there. I came in and heard some of it, can't believe people don't have anything better to do, especially engaging in something that's supposed to be fun.

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The glory days of spending your day at the arcade sharpenong your skills around real people are long behind us. :mjcry:

Im just glad i got live and breath that era of gaming :wow:

As a fan of fighting games I feel you 100%, spending 8 hours a day after school/weekends whoopin each others' ass in Street fighter and talking shyt and then hanging out afterwards was the shyt :wow:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
For every person that called me the "n" word, there's one dude that actually supports you during gameplay. It's all based on the community overall :ld:. For instance, FF14 community is like paying 12.99 a month to go to heaven:wow:. Like 90 percent of the community will hold you down from giving basic tips to even not giving a shyt if the team is trash. Meanwhile, my finger could slip on the wrong button in Dota and I ended up getting called everything but a child of God:picard:. It's all on the community at the end of the day. Gaming like any other hobby is filled with dikkheads and those who will help you in the long run. It's life:manny:
Yea ffxiv has the GOAT community:wow:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
People got every right not to be cool with going online and being called a n-word breh

How the fukk is that pathetic

:dafuqyoutalmbout:

I’m sorry but you nikkaz must be soft ...

I lay into any white boy who tries that shyt

If it’s that much of a problem mute them, but to not play what you want to play when you want cuz you afraid of what someone might say ....

I just don’t understand that mindset

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Yup. And the gist of the video in OP's link isn't saying "Racism in online gaming is a new phenomenon", it's saying racism in gaming isn't be addressed adequately enough.

Microsoft's rep system (everyone who gets negative reports sink to the bottom of the barrel and play with one another), for example, has failed. A lot of people get negative reports for things like kicking ass in games. Not enough. The hammer needs to get heavier. First incident of racist language online? One week ban. 2nd time? GT and IP ban. Stop messing around with it.
Microsoft makes way too much money off racist gamers to ban them outright.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
i just spent years playing with no mic, and team performance suffers for it, but also my speech doesnt really reveal that im black so sometimes they didnt even go at me when i did use the mic.

gaming online is like being invited into a cac's house. you get that disturbing intimacy that you didnt ask for but if you are going to compete effectively in team games, you kinda need. it's either racism or very embarrassing arguments between them and their moms

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Online anything is toxic but not shocked
Its why i dont really bang too much with the online gaming thing

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
On Xbox u can go to the community page of the fortnite game, there is a section called “multiplayer “ look through the multiplayer section for players looking for a group. There is ALWAYS 10-14 year old kids looking for other kids their age to play with. Of course watching him is key BUT he can make 10-14 year old friends that you don’t have to worry as much about. It’s a great feature ( the main reason I like Xbox over PlayStation).

He can literally find 3 other kids his age to team with in less than 5 minutes
Great advice, thanks.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I still play online with mic on. :manny: My friends list is made up of real life friends, coli brehs and other random black and latino folks my squad has met online.

We just don't invite cacs in the party anymore because they eventually flake or show some demonic energy the group can't deal with. One dude we were all mutual friends got too cozy and started showing an :mjpls: attitude. Blocked him quick after :camby:

Another was talking about how he regularly beat his bytch like we were all supposed to be okay with it :gucci:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Are you surprised?

It's a general problem inherent to anonymous online interactions. Videogames make it worse. Not only are they anonymous, but now you're dealing with shut-ins who have limited social conditioning. Remember when they tried to tell us videogame addiction wasn't a thing? :skip:

We're engaging with varying degrees of mental illness in these clowns. Adults have perspective to know this isn't normal, healthy behavior. It's a horrible environment for children, however.

Oh, and PC is by far the most toxic paltform. Don't let anyone tell you different.