One of the NFL/Jay Z's #InspireChange Group is cutting dreads for better life

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Were the boys forced to cut their dreads, or did they choose to cut their dreads? Funny how yall are assuming that it's the former as if black men are incapable of making these kinds of decisions on their own.
Thanks for this post, you confirmed that our reading of the situation was correct. :ehh:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe he sincerely believes in what he's doing, attempting to rehabilitate his thinking and behavior for a more promising future. While it's a clear shame that he's being used by Jay-z as a prop in his performative sham of a social justice campaign, I wish breh all the best. :francis:

How is Jay-Z using him as a prop? The tweets of him cutting his hair were dug up from back in 2016 by that Resist Programming twitter account to undermine Jay.

Daps
How is Jay-Z using him as a prop? The tweets of him cutting his hair were dug up from back in 2016 by that Resist Programming twitter account to undermine Jay.

He's being used as an example of the work being done by the program Jay-Z has now given money to, is he not?

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Were the boys forced to cut their dreads, or did they choose to cut their dreads? Funny how yall are assuming that it's the former as if black men are incapable of making these kinds of decisions on their own.

Yall are way too driven by tweets and someone else telling you what happened instead of looking into things yourselves. That resist programming twitter is trying to steer the narrative and it's working.

Don’t let your cape drag on the ground

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
When I finish for the day, I'm going to sit down and look at the bigger picture and where Jay and Bey fit into it.

They had Beyonce be the face of Ban Bossy. Something "aimed" at making women be outspoken.

They are using Jayz to spearhead movements aimed at cowing black men, stripping us of our fire and what distinguishes us.

Moves are being made.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably emergency meetings at Roc nation right now. This is a PR disaster.

I have a feeling Jay is/was not aware of this shyt nor do I think his team will micromanage every aspect of this inspire/NFL deal, but he will catch all sorts of L’s for proximity. Oh well, he chose to make that bed so now he gotta lie in it.

:yeshrug:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Yall are way too driven by tweets and someone else telling you what happened instead of looking into things yourselves. That resist programming twitter is trying to steer the narrative and it's working.

It’s the principle. I’m not for any group, white or black, that feels their job is to civilize black people or teach us how to behave. They aren’t in it to help black kids; they’re in it because they think black folks need to be tamed.

The kid feels like he wants a fresh start? Fine, you take him to a black barber and pay them to give the kid a professional cut and experience.

Those pictures were some straight up plantation type stuff that the woman manipulated the kids into taking to serve her own ego and subconsciously show she’s in charge.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
She has some nerve after that “Oscars So White” bullshyt where she wanted a “seat at the table” herself.
Yeah, she’s not any better than Jay-Z. A lot of these folks tried to pivot into pro-black after Nipsey died. She doesn’t care about black men and black boys.