One of the most frustrating things youll see today: Jeff Bezos wealth visualized in pixels

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Forgive me for posting so much but that's what I'm saying. How is any small business owner supposed to compete with a company that can run in the RED for years? And the amount of leverage these companies have my god... Damn the political labels, just take a peak below the surface and into the amount of exploitation going on....how is it not unnerving to some of yall?
Dont even mention the questionable competitive choices Amazon makes that toe the line of anti trust violations.

Amazon uses the sales information gained from third party vendor products to manufacture cheaper competing products and will then advertise those products over 3rd parties when people search for them. That's what the whole "Amazon essentials" brand is and they got dragged in front of Congress over it but nothing ever happened.

That shyt should be illegal.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Frustrating for who?

nobody is making folks order things from Amazon. People are lazy and/or don’t like human interaction. There isn’t a law saying you have to order from Amazon or you’ll be arrested. Be mad at the public.
Not only that but Amazon created the first cloud platform in the world with AWS in like 2002.

Mf got a bunch of large corporations using his company to host their databases, servers and shyt like that and makes sure our favorite websites and apps are always available... of course he's rich as a mf. Should he pay his employees more? Sure. But I can't tell a mf to stop making money when his tech is making people's lives easier and changing the world.:yeshrug: plus his money isn't liquid it's in stocks of his own company

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not against higher taxes either. I'm just against people masquerading envy as social justice. If you want to tax someone for programs that's great (healthcare,education, etc). But taxing because you think it's immoral is childish.

I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be upset at

The stock price is literally determined by simple math like Revenue - Cost of Goods Sold - Operating Expenses (let’s lump worker pay in here). So, literally, Bezos is worth so much because value that could go back to workers in the Operating Expense instead goes straight back into his pockets.

“Why should I care?”…well, because the money Bezos uses not to pay the workers is the same money he used to pad Amazons profit while he bleeds mom and pop businesses out. It’s the same money the government doesn’t take in via taxes to spend on programs meant to level the playing field.

Coli capitalists are dumb as fukk for simplifying this to pocket watching. And before you say I’m broke for thinking this way, I’m not. Probably made 2-3x what some of you bootlickers made last year.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
The stock price is literally determined by simple math like Revenue - Cost of Goods Sold - Operating Expenses (let’s lump worker pay in here). So, literally, Bezos is worth so much because value that could go back to workers in the Operating Expense instead goes straight back into his pockets.

“Why should I care?”…well, because the money Bezos uses not to pay the workers is the same money he used to pad Amazons profit while he bleeds mom and pop businesses out. It’s the same money the government doesn’t take in via taxes to spend on programs meant to level the playing field.

Coli capitalists are dumb as fukk for simplifying this to pocket watching. And before you say I’m broke for thinking this way, I’m not. Probably made 2-3x what some of you bootlickers made last year.
fukk you responding to me for with this shyt?
:what:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The stock price is determined in theory by speculation from the market. It's how much is someone willing to pay for a share. It's more than just revenue minus cost. If he would dump his shares the price would take a hit. If he would completely disassociate from the corporation, the price would be affected.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The stock price is determined in theory by speculation from the market. It's how much is someone willing to pay for a share. It's more than just revenue minus cost. If he would dump his shares the price would take a hit. If he would completely disassociate from the corporation, the price would be affected.

I simplified, but at market value a stock price should approximate the value today of all future cash flows resulting from ownership of a share of stock. At a basic level, cash flow is determined by differences between $ in (revenue) and $ out (cost of goods, salary, marketing, etc.). There's speculation because you have to make assumptions about what the revenue & expense will look like in 2023, 2024, etc., but the fundamentals are still the same.

Anyone working in business is taught that you think about how you 1. Create value and 2. Capture value. Creating value is when you do or create something that someone is willing to pay for. Capturing value is about who keeps how much of the value created between the person buying, the person selling, and anyone else involved in getting something ready to be sold.

If I own a lemonade stand and sell a gallon of lemonade for $5, i've created $5 worth of value. Let's say it took $1 total to buy the water, lemon, and sugar. And then I have another person who I've hired to help squeeze the lemons for lemon juice. Value capture is about who keeps how much of that last $4 between me as the owner and the person squeezing lemons.

If I'm able to pay that person $0.50 per gallon, I have a very profitable business and the value of "stock" in the lemonade stand would be worth more. Anyone owning the company can expect some of that $3.50 per gallon to go to them. If I instead need to pay the person squeezing $2 per gallon, my business is worth less and I'm worth less as the owner because now it's just $2 per gallon that's being "captured". It's just addition and subtraction.

The cost structure of a business (which includes how much value is shared with workers) has much more to do with stock price than cost of liquidation by a big shareholder.

Raphaello

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York/Toronto

:russell:amazon pays above market rate for nearly all their positions.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I simplified, but at market value a stock price should approximate the value today of all future cash flows resulting from ownership of a share of stock. At a basic level, cash flow is determined by differences between $ in (revenue) and $ out (cost of goods, salary, marketing, etc.). There's speculation because you have to make assumptions about what the revenue & expense will look like in 2023, 2024, etc., but the fundamentals are still the same.

Anyone working in business is taught that you think about how you 1. Create value and 2. Capture value. Creating value is when you do or create something that someone is willing to pay for. Capturing value is about who keeps how much of the value created between the person buying, the person selling, and anyone else involved in getting something ready to be sold.

If I own a lemonade stand and sell a gallon of lemonade for $5, i've created $5 worth of value. Let's say it took $1 total to buy the water, lemon, and sugar. And then I have another person who I've hired to help squeeze the lemons for lemon juice. Value capture is about who keeps how much of that last $4 between me as the owner and the person squeezing lemons.

If I'm able to pay that person $0.50 per gallon, I have a very profitable business and the value of "stock" in the lemonade stand would be worth more. Anyone owning the company can expect some of that $3.50 per gallon to go to them. If I instead need to pay the person squeezing $2 per gallon, my business is worth less and I'm worth less as the owner because now it's just $2 per gallon that's being "captured". It's just addition and subtraction.

The cost structure of a business (which includes how much value is shared with workers) has much more to do with stock price than cost of liquidation by a big shareholder.
yes i agree that this is how value can be determined. But price (not the same as value) is simply what someone willing to sell for vs. what someone is willing to buy at. Both of these are based on many factors. The main factors in the stock market is speculation of what someone will be willing to pay in the future which is based on speculation of future value which is based on estimates of future KPIs. So yes, fundamentals is a factor but ultimately it's still a speculation game.

I see what you are saying and im not trying to debate for the sake of debating. What im trying to say is that it's not like Bezos could just trade all his shares tomorrow for 185B. And if we agree that he couldn't, is he really "worth" 185B? I think once you get to certain amounts of net worth especially if it's attached to stocks, the concept of value becomes somewhat abstract. It gives access to credit and power yes, but i think the game goes much deeper once you get to certain numbers. It becomes politics, strategic alliances, creativity and resourcefulness.