One of the most frustrating things youll see today: Jeff Bezos wealth visualized in pixels

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
We get it we know…he’s rich as fukk. So what?

It’s what happens when you’re in a capitalist country with no restraints. Ask yourself if you was Jeff Bezos would you want a cap or rules on how much money you could make?

Now I’d agree that he could use that money to really enrich poorer ppls lives and maybe it should be rules on giving back but that would go for a lot of these rich mfers. What’s the solution breh breh??

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Slave owners ARE capitalists.... but just because slave owners were capitalists - we can't buy and sell anymore? We cant do any business anymore? We're not buying and selling humans

I think the point you're missing is that capitalism means making profits by any means neccessary. If Jeff Bezos could just buy slaves to breed and work for free, him and every other capitalist would do it in a heartbeat.

Just because humans arent being sold doesn't mean capitalism in is current form isn't doing serious harm.

The concept of capitalism isn't bad, but unrestricted crony capitalism can be devastating, and that's the form we're currently dealing with.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The problem is anyone making that kind of money should do more. How do we have people going without food and he making money like that. Tax the shyt out of him and others making that guap. I'm all for capitalism but gotdamn, these mafukkaz greedy.
How is he making that kind of money when his employees are working poor under some of the worst working conditions in the U.S.?

I wouldn't give a fukk how much he made if he was providing a middle class living. Instead Amazon raises the cost of living in the area while providing low paying jobs, and pays no taxes to top it off.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
All that money and can’t get his ex back. :francis:

If Russia taught us anything, international sanctions can take money away from the super wealthy. Sure, they can hide some of it, but most of it can be taken away.

That amount of money is morally embarrassing for any person to have though

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Frustrating for who?

nobody is making folks order things from Amazon. People are lazy and/or don’t like human interaction. There isn’t a law saying you have to order from Amazon or you’ll be arrested. Be mad at the public.
I have ordered 2 things from Amazon in my whole life. You def dont have to use any of these people's shyt.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
All that money and can’t get his ex back. :francis:

If Russia taught us anything, international sanctions can take money away from the super wealthy. Sure, they can hide some of it, but most of it can be taken away.

That amount of money is morally embarrassing for any person to have though

I’m surprised these dudes have so much money and pull with politicians and don’t do anything about alimony

You think she’d be his ex if there were no such thing as alimony? Or better yet if he didn’t marry her in the first place?

If there were no such thing as alimony and/or he didn’t marry her, she would do everything in her power to avoid ever NOT being in a relationship with him

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People want cheap prices for everything which means only big gargantuan companies will survive (that can make a profit using scale). This is why you see mergers and buyouts every other week from companies trying to get bigger and trying to remove rivals. Ergo, you get stupid rich billionaires in result. And of course they’re going to fight to pay less tax because they have the ability to lobby, the leverage to move jobs overseas and the money to buy politicians. Antitrust only cares about harming consumers in the way of higher prices, it doesn’t gaf about a company gobbling up market share if it’s offering free services or extremely cheap prices. Otherwise we would’ve been reined in Google and Amazon. You will find out quickly who really runs the country out of New York and Washington if any President tries to heavily increase taxes on the wealthy. Because of this nothing is ever gonna change in a substantial way. It is what it is.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of these folks wealth is in stock. The stock wasn’t always worth the amount that is driving his wealth up. How would you cap that, you can’t cap the stock price, you just gonna take his shares away? If the stock drops are you gonna give them back?

Shouldn’t they theoretically be taxed on those gains? Loopholes aside