[Once more] Striking Distance (Callisto Protocol) says hard to be profitable making single player games on Gamepass

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Microsoft has never said that gamepass was profitable.
I’ve posted the quotes. Read the thread.

What you have absolutely no evidence of is Gamepass losing a bunch of money. But somehow you keep repeating that devoid of actual proof.

Not to the developers they own.
Yeah it does. No game is stuck only on gamepass.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I’ve posted the quotes. Read the thread.

What you have absolutely no evidence of is Gamepass losing a bunch of money. But somehow you keep repeating that devoid of actual proof.
You posted a link of Phil Spencer saying gamepass was sustainable, not profitable. Sustainability is not the same as profitability and there's a reason he's using that word. Amazon's 2 day delivery isn't profitable, but it is sustainable because they can make up the difference in other areas.

Here's a video where they talk about how they make money from gamepass

If you notice, their main point is that gamers are willing to spend more on micro transactions when subscribed to gamepass. That proves my point about the focus being on live service games since that's where they make majority of their money. Theyre encouraging devs to add micro transactions to maximize profits on gamepass, It's literally the mobile game business model.

Yeah it does. No game is stuck only on gamepass.
The dude I quoted asked if devs had the option to opt out of having their games on gamepass until they made enough off traditional sales. I answered that the studios owned by microsoft don't have that option.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You posted a link of Phil Spencer saying gamepass was sustainable, not profitable. Sustainability is not the same as profitability and there's a reason he's using that word. Amazon's 2 day delivery isn't profitable, but it is sustainable because they can make up the difference in other areas.
No, he literally says it is not losing money and is contributing to Xbox’s profitability.

It’s all in the quotes. Just read them.

Here's a video where they talk about how they make money from gamepass

If you notice, their main point is that gamers are willing to spend more on micro transactions when subscribed to gamepass. That proves my point about the focus being on live service games since that's where they make majority of their money. It's literally the mobile game business model.

Lots of gamepass games don’t even have microtransactions. So again you are just pulling stuff out of your ass.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, he literally says it is not losing money and is contributing to Xbox’s profitability.

It’s all in the quotes. Just read them.
Not losing money does not mean profitable
I read that whole article and nowhere does he say that gamepass is making a profit.
Lots of gamepass games don’t even have microtransactions. So again you are just pulling stuff out of your ass.
That's literally a video of Microsoft employees explaining how to make a game profitable on gamepass, I don't care about old ass 360 games on the service.

They literally explain the business model in that video, the only one pulling shyt outta your ass is you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not losing money does not mean profitable
:mindblown:Twist your brain in circles brehs :mjlol:
I read that whole article and nowhere does he say that gamepass is making a profit.
Read again.
That's literally a video of Microsoft employees explaining how to make a game profitable on gamepass, I don't care about old ass 360 games on the service.

They literally explain the business model in that video, the only one pulling shyt outta your ass is you.
No, lots brand new games coming to gamepass do not have microtransactions.

That is them talking about one way a game itself can make money on the service, it’s not about the profitability or success of the service as a whole.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mindblown:Twist your brain in circles brehs :mjlol:

Read again.

No, lots brand new games coming to gamepass do not have microtransactions.

That is them talking about one way a game itself can make money on the service, it’s not about the profitability or success of the service as a whole.

Its easy to understand, microsoft themselves are not losing money, hence the term “sustainable” they are NOT turning a profit with gamepass. Which is why no other platform holder is jumping on the day 1 subscription service train.

Xbox has always had a golden parachute with microsoft

They’re saying its sustainable because they want people to opt into it without fear of it going the way of Stadia or Luna.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its easy to understand, microsoft themselves are not losing money, hence the term “sustainable” they are NOT turning a profit with gamepass. Which is why no other platform holder is jumping on the day 1 subscription service train.
You made this up :ehh:
Xbox has always had a golden parachute with microsoft

They’re saying its sustainable because they want people to opt into it without fear of it going the way of Stadia or Luna.
and more fan fiction :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You made this up :ehh:

and more fan fiction :mjlol:

Since you like bringing up what official representatives are saying why are you ignoring what microsoft themselves said in court about xbox?

Now apply that language to gamepass. When Gamepass is profitable microsoft will shout it from the mountaintops like they always do.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Read again
"One of the things I've been told Xbox finds amusing is the discourse around Xbox Game Pass, with some industry commentators claiming it burns through cash and is unsustainable. I've said for a while that I've heard it's already sustainable, and it seems now we have some official confirmation that yes, it is indeed the case.

Speaking with Stephen Totilo of Axios, Xbox head Phil Spencer discussed Xbox Game Pass, its targets, and its future.

With regards to subscriber figures, Spencer reacted to reports a few weeks back that XGP missed internal targets, emphasizing that Microsoft frequently sets aspirational goals for itself. "I'm always going to set those targets high. Game Pass is doing very well from a business perspective and a creative and engagement perspective, so it continues to be, I think, a real differentiator for our platform and enabler for creators and players

Totilo asked if it was wrong to claim that Xbox Game Pass is unsustainable, citing analysis that it could potentially eat into retail sales of upcoming exclusives like Starfield. Spencer quite frankly replied "yeah," inviting people to do the math themselves. "I mean you could do the math on Game Pass. I guess you don't know how many subscribers or how much each subscriber is paying, but you can make some fairly informed decisions and literally just do the math on what we think Game Pass could eventually be--you could do that on any part of the business. But absolutely, Game Pass is sustainable.

Spencer reiterated that Xbox Game Pass is designed to supplement Xbox, and it is just one of a range of focuses the organization has right now. Spencer noted that it's not the "only thing" growing within Xbox, and it's true that retail demand for Xbox Series X and Series S consoles continues to outstrip supply. Xbox is also seeing something of a resurgence in Japan, outselling the Xbox One console entire lifetime sales in just a year.

I love to see it growing, because I see what it does to the diversity of games that people play and the games that we can fund to go create. And I think that's a very magical mix. But its growth is a part of Xbox. It's not the only thing that's growing in Xbox. It's not the only focus of the organization, and it, as a standalone thing, is very sustainable as it sits today, like just today. It's sustainable."

Will Phil Spencer's comments put the debate about Xbox Game Pass' sustainability to bed? Probably not, but Xbox hasn't typically shown itself to stick with businesses that are clearly failing. Microsoft killed off Mixer relatively soon after it became immediately clear it wouldn't be able to challenge the likes of Twitch and Facebook Gaming, and Spencer also ended gaming development of Microsoft's camera peripheral Kinect after it became largely rejected by the Xbox audience.

I know there's a lot of people that like to write, We're burning cash right now for some future pot of gold at the end. No. Game Pass is very, very sustainable right now as it sits and it continues to grow."

Nowhere in this article says anything about gamepass being profitable, you're just a retard who doesn't understand the difference between sustainability and profitability.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's not them talking about 1 way a game can be profitable, that's their entire business model for the service. They aren't worried about the profitability of the service right now, they're focused on buying a ton of publishers and developers to increase subscribers. Thats why theyre willing to give the shyt away for $1. Once they are satisfied with the growth of the service they will focus on maximizing profits from the service, and that means either increasing the price, cutting budgets for single player games, or focusing on live service games that can be monetized. It should be obvious hearing them explain the business model, which option they'll choose.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nowhere in this article says anything about gamepass being profitable, you're just a retard who doesn't understand the difference between sustainability and profitability.
No business on earth would describe perpetual losses as “sustainable” it’s “retarded” for y’all to claim that could possibly be the case. That’s not how business works. The only “sustainable” business is a profitable one.
as a standalone thing, is very sustainable as it sits today, like just today. It's sustainable."

So on its own. It’s not about making money elsewhere. On its own Gamepass is not a loss leading product as you guys claim it is.

There’s also this
The number one sign that our platform is healthy and growing is actually engagement on the platform from players and that is what Game Pass is growing. So our business continues to grow and be profitable at Xbox and we are proud of that

So to summarize Gamepass is not losing money. It’s is sustainable on its own as a stand alone product and it is contributing to the overall profit of the xbox division.

But somehow you are still in denial. You can play the semantics game all you want but what’s evident is this….
The problem is that microsoft isn't in the business of losing money perpetually so eventually they'll have to make changes at some point to turn a profit off gamepass. That might be a price increase for gamepass, slashing budgets for AAA single player games, or focusing on live service games that can be profitable from micro transactions.
Is dead wrong. Some shyt you pulled out of your ass that as been directly debunked by public statements from microsoft.

Hell you are even contradicting yourself here. On one hand you say perpetual losses are not what a business would do, then you turn around and claim perpetual losses are “sustainable”

So your whole argument is broken and based on ignorance and your own biases.

Do better buddy :cheers:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No business on earth would describe perpetual losses as “sustainable” it’s “retarded” for y’all to claim that could possibly be the case. That’s not how business works. The only “sustainable” business is a profitable one.

So on its own. It’s not about making money elsewhere. On its own Gamepass is not a loss leading product as you guys claim it is.

There’s also this

So to summarize Gamepass is not losing money. It’s is sustainable on its own as a stand alone product and it is contributing to the overall profit of the xbox division.

But somehow you are still in denial. You can play the semantics game all you want but what’s evident is this….

Is dead wrong. Some shyt you pulled out of your ass that as been directly debunked by public statements from microsoft.

Hell you are even contradicting yourself here. On one hand you say perpetual losses are not what a business would do, then you turn around and claim perpetual losses are “sustainable”

So your whole argument is broken and based on ignorance and your own biases.

Do better buddy :cheers:

Meach - pulls shyt out his ass

Also meach: stop pullling shyt out your ass :damn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not them talking about 1 way a game can be profitable, that's their entire business model for the service. They aren't worried about the profitability of the service right now, they're focused on buying a ton of publishers and developers to increase subscribers. Thats why theyre willing to give the shyt away for $1. Once they are satisfied with the growth of the service they will focus on maximizing profits from the service, and that means either increasing the price, cutting budgets for single player games, or focusing on live service games that can be monetized. It should be obvious hearing them explain the business model, which option they'll choose.
All fan fiction based on absolutely nothing :francis: