Old School vs New School beef is brewing

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
i was younger than that then and Nas was name dropping the conflict with Bdp and Mc Shan and Snoop paid homage to Slick Rick and Kurupt mentioned Rakim as his idol on Snoop's first album, I got deeper into the catalogue of 80s legends because of how much they were bigged up and the average listener would have at least had some respect and familiarity with those names

Same way these new dudes give props to 50 , tune , dipset and guwop and their predecessors$$$$

But that ain't even enuff for the old heads.

I got neg'd the other day for just making a wu tang vs dipset thread for crying out loud :bryan:

Ya don't respect anything that wasn't hot during your "wonder years" so why should we respect y'all opinion on anything?

Corny hip hop historians frontin for the daps. Talm bout "back in 92 I had Nas, Krs n grandmaster flash" :mjlol:

Goofy nikka. Nas ain't even drop illmatic till 94 :bryan:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
You old nikkas want nikkas to give respects to shyt they give zero fukks about and music that had no imprint on their lives. They always give respects to 50, Kanye, Wayne, and dipset because those are what we grew up on. Guess what? We don't gaf about public enemy, mobb deep, krs-1. We never listened to that shyt. Stop forcing nikkas to like your inspirations. That shyt is weak.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Same way these new dudes give props to 50 , tune , dipset and guwop and their predecessors$$$$

But that ain't even enuff for the old heads.

I got neg'd the other day for just making a wu tang vs dipset thread for crying out loud :bryan:

Ya don't respect anything that wasn't hot during your "wonder years" so why should we respect y'all opinion on anything?

Corny hip hop historians frontin for the daps. Talm bout "back in 92 I had Nas, Krs n grandmaster flash" :mjlol:

Goofy nikka. Nas ain't even drop illmatic till 94 :bryan:
You can respect what came before ya time, but you not gonna look back at it with the same feeling as what you remember experiencing first hand so yea I get that side of it

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Majority of these young n*ggas are TRASH

Lil yachty is trash AND a p*ssy on top.

If youre p*ssy and you rap you should at least be talented.

Dude is a weirdo who felt out of place at an hbcu. If you feel out of place around blacks you shouldnt be rapping

Old rappers made it possible for talentless fakkits like yachty to eat. Fukk that kid.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Young rappers need to study and pay homage.
Old rappers need to salute and mentor the young brehs that do.

Simply for the fact that youngins sometimes forget that this is supposed to be a culture, and not just a market to sell the culture

Every culture needs the older generations to teach and uphold the tenets of the culture, and the younger generations to bring in new life and energy, while recognizing, appreciating, and building upon what came before them

Hip Hop was once used to transmit ideas, thoughts, information, and experiences, in coded language, to our people, and like-minded others, throughout the world, for our collective benefit

Not just as a tool to hustle your way to financial independence

Last edited:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Im 20 & schooled myself to the classics early... but I can appreciate the new guys.

seeing nikkas talk down on the youth and tell them that they should be bowing down to the 90s is comedy and embarrassing....

and then act surprised when their reaction is "fukk you old ass nikkas" cause y'all come off like y'all got nothing but hate in your blood and try to sound mad uppity & superiors... That's why the reaction is "fukk YOU"

And like someone else said, young nikkas could give 2 fukks about any of that 90s shyt... We were infants.... The rappers of the 2000s salute the youngn's and in return, get that same respect...

It's these nikkas from the 80s & 90s still lost in the sauce that get the fukk YOU reaction

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chief Keef, Yachty, Uzi Vert, Young Thug grew up on Ye, Gucci, TI, Dipset, Wayne, etc and they pay homage to them.

EXCELLENT POINT. You don't hear any of these new dudes diss any of the guys you mentioned. Those are their OGs, so to speak.
I wanted to make a point, but my point is actually irrelevant unless someone can prove you wrong.

I'm an old head, I really started gravitating to hip-hop with KRS/Ultramag/De La Soul/Public Enemy/NWA/Rakim/Kane/G Rap, etc.

But if you were to put on a Kurtis Blow, Spoonie Gee or even Whodini instrumental for a freestyle session, A teenage me would have turned my nose up at you like you were smoking woolies...

Truthfully I don't even mess with Run DMC like that, I think a lot of their music is really corny. That's a sacrilegious opinion for someone who was obsessed with hip-hop by 1987/1988.

I have some respect for those dudes, but most of the music from that era does nothing for me. Long story short, I bet a lot of old heads forgot how they carried themselves when they were young.

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
Get the hate out your blood and maybe the youth won't be so quick to throw your era in the bushes.

Exactly and stop trying to force ya opinions n perspective on us. We in our late teens n 20s.

Stop talking to us like we some lil kids. Stop acting like you out here to, to even speak on the culture.

You play Faneto at any party (white,black,college,hood)

That shyt is gonna go all the way up straight zoo status. Prolly how MOB was for ya nikkas.

But you guys ain't out here like that, so u can't even begin to grasp or make the assessment of what certain artists do or have done impact wise to contemporary hip hop culture.

Matta fact I'm almost willing to bet my account that if I pull up the original Chief Keef faneto thread on this site, almost everyone prolly hated on it.

xxxx

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly and stop trying to force ya opinions n perspective on us. We in our late teens n 20s.

Stop talking to us like we some lil kids. Stop acting like you out here to, to even speak on the culture.

You play Faneto at any party (white,black,college,hood)

That shyt is gonna go all the way up straight zoo status. Prolly how MOB was for ya nikkas.

But you guys ain't out here like that, so u can't even begin to grasp or make the assessment of what certain artists do or have done impact wise to contemporary hip hop culture.

Matta fact I'm almost willing to bet my account that if I pull up the original Chief Keef faneto thread on this site, almost everyone prolly hated on it.

xxxx

This is what's hot?!

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Even YOU could make that song .. But that's why the shyt you listen to is trash. Cause anyone who can spell their name can hop on YouTube and upload some retarded music

:francis:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what's hot?!

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Even YOU could make that song .. But that's why the shyt you listen to is trash. Cause anyone who can spell their name can hop on YouTube and upload some retarded music

:francis:

[
/QUOTE]

This is why new schoolers don't fukk wit old school. So condescending :francis: