Old School vs New School beef is brewing

LOOPY

All Star
Daps
Both. I got IWW, Rakim's 18th Letter and KRS' I Got Next back in 96-97.

That's cause you corny.

In the real world Nas n Snoop blew to superstardom off that impact

Cause that's what the KIDS wanted to hear.

Even Nore himself said it on his podcast. Street nikkas wasn't tryin to hear that old "hippity hop" shyt no more by the time snoop, Dre, Big n Nas came threw.

It's the same concept now.

WE AINT TRYING TO HEAR THAT shyt NOMORE.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Chief Keef, Yachty, Uzi Vert, Young Thug grew up on Ye, Gucci, TI, Dipset, Wayne, etc and they pay homage to them.
The problem is people think there's this unwritten rulebook on who a rapper is supposed to listen to/ pay homage to/ consider a legend when there ain't.

These rappers now and days were born in the mid to late 90's so they pay homage to the artist they actually listen to(artist from the 2000's)and not these 90's rappers y'all Stan.

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The problem is people think there's this unwritten rulebook on who a rapper is supposed to listen/ pay homage to/ consider a legend when there ain't.

These rappers now and days were born in the mid to late 90's so they pay homage to the artist they actually listen to(artist from the 2000's)and not these 90's rappers y'all Stan.

Thats the point of my post:dahell:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the wacker young rappers are just creating a diversion away from their lack of skills, and at the same time using these comments as a promotional tool.

why don't they ever address the people in their age group that refer to them as wack? what do they have to say about the rappers in their age range that are leaps & bounds ahead of them?

theres no war going on. theyre just peddling bullchit, and it seems to be working, cuz now you got vet posters having serious conversations about lil yachty and the like in this thread.

altho, in fairness hip-hop has always been disrespectful towards the old school. theyre just being blatant with it.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
It didn't work for KRS against Nelly over 10 years ago so why would it work now?
not that I agree with the fukkboy u quoted but its kinda different, for one nelly didnt disrespect the old school, for two nelly lyrically won that beef idc:mjpls:

now if somebody like game for example whos still somewhat culturally relevant and would rap circles around a lil yatchy or lil uzi vert came out with a diss then the perception would be totally different than it was with nelly/krs:mjpls: u saw what happened with lil durk

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
fukk all you nikkas TBH.

But really ain't no new school old school beef, just miscommunication at a time where it's much easier to do so. The problem is both sides need to acknowledge what we have here as a culture. We won't be able to move forward with young nikkas feeling like old nikkas are trying to stifle their "progress" and we also won't have a fukkin culture or ever achieve what is possible as a genre (think Rock&Roll) if you have young nikkas trying to make it look cool to be ignorant about the history.
Now all you old nikkas smoke some dope and get lit off this shyt :blessed:

:trash:

Remedial ass, speak n spell shyt.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and should be able to voice said opinion. The problem is that in this day and age, if you have an opinion to the contrary of something and you say it sucks, you're labeled as a "hater." I think this is why people seem to be up in arms about a lot of this stuff.

I personally feel that if you're going to get into something, whatever that something is, you should know at least know the history of it and respect it.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
That's cause you corny.
:tochilol:
Hip hop in the 90s still shared similar characteristics with the class of 86-88. This new trap shyt has no real connection to hip hop of the 90s that valued skills on the mic and sample based beats.

All these young brehs gotta do is keep their mouth shut if they don't know what they're talking about :pdahell:
Common sense really.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You coli dudes need to think back to when you were 18 (I kno that's gonna be long time for a lot you nikkas :wow: )

But would u rather hear a 18 -22 year old Nas n Snoop rapping bout street shyt.

Or a 30+ year old BDK or Krs?

Would you rather hear a young funk flex spinning at the tunnel?

Or go to a Dj Kool Herc Sunday BBQ?

I honestly just get so tired goin on the Internet nowadays and try to discuss new hip hop with old ppl. That's why YouTube n soundcloud n ppl like Akademiks have boomed lately, seems like all the young nikkas just discuss it there.

Motherfukker it was actually pretty common to be a fan of nas, snoop, and krs in 92 :russ:

I wonder if this "fukk the old school" attitude extends to other forms of black music.

Can the youngins fukk with James Brown, marvin gaye, and the other all time greats?

Because if not then these new nikkas are officially the woat generation

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
not that I agree with the fukkboy u quoted but its kinda different, for one nelly didnt disrespect the old school, for two nelly lyrically won that beef idc:mjpls:

now if somebody like game for example whos still somewhat culturally relevant and would rap circles around a lil yatchy or lil uzi vert came out with a diss then the perception would be totally different than it was with nelly/krs:mjpls: u saw what happened with lil durk
Serious question. You really think Durk's career is in the state it's in because of a Game diss?

I just don't see a rapper from the old school dissing a new school rapper having any effect on that new school rappers career no matter how good it is lyrically.

It will immediately be dismissed as "hating" and forgotten about.
Of course it will be a 25 page platinum thread on the Coli but young nikkas won't give a fukk about it.