Old School vs New School beef is brewing

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Let the young dudes cook :camby:

Those guys that don't pay homage are in the minority lots of young dudes out here can actually spit and know the game.

The thing is y'all expect a genre being flooded with 90's babies to care about the 90's rappers y'all stan. No, these dudes look up to the 2000's guys.

It's like y'all nikkas can't comprehend the 90's were 20 years ago...

Last edited:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
The problem is people think there's this unwritten rulebook on who a rapper is supposed to listen to/ pay homage to/ consider a legend when there ain't.

These rappers now and days were born in the mid to late 90's so they pay homage to the artist they actually listen to(artist from the 2000's)and not these 90's rappers y'all Stan.

If you actually cared about the culture and the art form would you not do the history? In this day and age how hard is it to queue up All Eyez On Me or The Chronic on Spotify?

I don't think anyone's mad they don't know Radio, Criminal Minded or The Great Adventures of Slick Rick as they're a few decades removed from that sound, but the way they brush their ignorance off is disrspectful and its shows in the shallowness of their music.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
You play Faneto at any party (white,black,college,hood)
Are you serious :dahell: I actually like some of Keef music and if you would have said Love Sosa or Don't Like then I could have gave you SOME props but this song is where he is absolute TRASH. He's off-beat, hell the beat is a collage of random sounds that HE made cause he too high and broke to pay the cats who made him hot, He literally just GRUNTING through the damn track :martin: I hope college kids not wasting brain cells on this shyt:beli:
And you clowns wonder why you get the, "fukk you" from the youth
Read my reply above. It's not hate, it's just bad music. That is an example of Keef LITERALLY just throwing shyt at the wall :scust: He DESERVES to get clowned. Compare that to even a 18 year old Nas or hell an 18 year old Lil Wayne :yeshrug: and you KNOW Wayne studied the greats before him. To be great at ANYTHING takes studying. These kids think they can go in the studio listen to a beat a couple of times, not write ANYTHING down and just freestyle now it's a hit :blessed:
Come on man :francis: and I'm speaking from EXPERIENCE. I have been sound engineering for close to 20 years. I would kick all these lil nikkas out my studio with that bullshyt wanting me to add autotune to it :martin:
Trust me all of them, you included, can say fukk you until 5 years from now the game has moved on from they monkey asses and now they have to come back and ask for opportunities and hand outs. This new generation as a WHOLE has a problem respecting their elders. That's why some many of them dying :yeshrug:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Are you serious :dahell: I actually like some of Keef music and if you would have said Love Sosa or Don't Like then I could have gave you SOME props but this song is where he is absolute TRASH. He's off-beat, hell the beat is a collage of random sounds that HE made cause he too high and broke to pay the cats who made him hot, He literally just GRUNTING through the damn track :martin: I hope college kids not wasting brain cells on this shyt:beli:

Read my reply above. It's not hate, it's just bad music. That is an example of Keef LITERALLY just throwing shyt at the wall :scust: He DESERVES to get clowned. Compare that to even a 18 year old Nas or hell an 18 year old Lil Wayne :yeshrug: and you KNOW Wayne studied the greats before him. To be great at ANYTHING takes studying. These kids think they can go in the studio listen to a beat a couple of times, not write ANYTHING down and just freestyle now it's a hit :blessed:
Come on man :francis: and I'm speaking from EXPERIENCE. I have been sound engineering for close to 20 years. I would kick all these lil nikkas out my studio with that bullshyt wanting me to add autotune to it :martin:
Trust me all of them, you included, can say fukk you until 5 years from now the game has moved on from they monkey asses and now they have to come back and ask for opportunities and hand outs. This new generation as a WHOLE has a problem respecting their elders. That's why some many of them dying :yeshrug:

Bro you just compared chief keef to nas. Come on lol. No one said the song was a classic or hip hop at its core. It's just bullshyt over a hype beat. Which is why homie mentioned the college parties part. Faneto and earned it are garbage imo. I wouldn't listen to them on my headphones or through my car speakers. However when they come on at a party all I want is a circle around me so I can body it in front of some hoes :ahh:I ain't thinking about the lyrics or how it's structured. There's a setting for everything. You're obviously older so it doesn't resonate with you and that's fine.

plenty of times I've said uzi vert is garbage to me and lil yachty and whole bunch on these dudes are :trash: from a technical standpoint.

Shiet my favorite and most played album is Reasonable Doubt and the miseducation of Lauryn hill. And Lupes been my personal favorite rapper since the 6th grade(:flabbynsick:)but that shyt don't make me better than anyone else. Music is about evoking emotion, whether it's chief keef or rakim, it touches someone. And nikkas need to stop acting all high and mighty because of what they resonate with.

Ps: I know none of the dudes are gonna be around in 5 years . You think we out here believing fukking yachty got lasting appeal or will be going platinum? :mjlol:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Bro you just compared chief keef to nas
I'm cool with everything you said other than this...why can't he be compared to Nas :dahell: this statement right here is EXACTLY what's wrong in the old vs. new argument.:ufdup: Why CAN'T he be held to the same standard that Nas was at his age??? He had the EXACT same type of upbringing but he can't be expected to UPHOLD the culture musically :what: maybe if he studied more and drank, smoke, pop pills less then his career would have lasted long enough for him to made some REAL money. The new cats are just using the CULTURE as a means to hoodwink their way to a couple of dollars. Who is suppose to support someone who doesn't take their craft serious :martin:

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
And you clowns listen to down syndrome mumble rap

Shiet my favorite and most played album is Reasonable Doubt and the miseducation of Lauryn hill. And Lupes been my personal favorite rapper since the 6th grade(:flabbynsick:)but that shyt don't make me better than anyone else. Music is about evoking emotion, whether it's chief keef or rakim, it touches someone. And nikkas need to stop acting all high and mighty because of what they resonate with.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I'm cool with everything you said other than this...why can't he be compared to Nas :dahell: this statement right here is EXACTLY what's wrong in the old vs. new argument.:ufdup: Why CAN'T he be held to the same standard that Nas was at his age??? He had the EXACT same type of upbringing but he can't be expected to UPHOLD the culture musically :what: maybe if he studied more and drank, smoke, pop pills less then his career would have lasted long enough for him to made some REAL money. The new cats are just using the CULTURE as a means to hoodwink their way to a couple of dollars. Who is suppose to support someone who doesn't take their craft serious :martin:

It's literally apples to oranges. They are two completely different type of artists who focus on completely different things not everyone is nas or can be nas. That's the beauty of rap today. There are plenty of new rappers who make dope music reminiscent of nas( not saying better or as good) but instead of focusing on them the old dudes are too focused on the people who break away from the basic structure of what they think rap should be. It's simple we want variety and old heads want the formula they like and are used to. my solution is simple, we create a new subgenre for people like Chief keef, thug, uzi,Desiigner, etc.. Old heads can finally stop their "this ain't real hip hop" talk and new cats can enjoy the music in peace.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Lil Yacthy, uzi, Thugga, 21 Savage all have successful careers right now.
Album sales don't equate to success in today's hip-hop.
hqg-84.gif

Other than Thugga then No the fukk they don't :martin:
Because they might get a couple of clubs engagements :dahell:
Them dudes barely making enough money to feed their drug habits and buy a designer outfit every month. If what they have right NOW is the definition on successful then y'all new kids are straight up LOST. A one year run is basically a fluke. And you talking about albums sells when these cats don't have ANY SALES PERIOD. How they suppose to have any sustained success. Your statement is one of the most stupid shyt I read on the 'net in a minute. I bet you are a crack baby :martin:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
It's literally apples to oranges. They are two completely different type of artists who focus on completely different things not everyone is nas or can be nas. That's the beauty of rap today. There are plenty of new rappers who make dope music reminiscent of nas( not saying better or as good) but instead of focusing on them the old dudes are too focused on the people who break away from the basic structure of what they think rap should be. It's simple we want variety and old heads want the formula they like and are used to. my solution is simple, we create a new subgenre for people like Chief keef, thug, uzi,Desiigner, etc.. Old heads can finally stop their "this ain't real hip hop" talk and new cats can enjoy the music in peace.
nikkas fukk all that bullshyt you spewing...JUST MAKE GOOD MUSIC. Hell I'll settle for even understanding what they even saying. I'm done with this thread. You new kids are just slow! :scust: