Old School vs New School beef is brewing

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
These dudes won't be around long enough to finish studying the culture if they wanted to, they'll all be ghost by next year once they dumbass fans stop rebelling against their parents and decide to do something with their youth
these nikkas need to shut the fukk up n let these nikkas have that time then...

\\//JohnnyCA$H\\//

Pillmatic
Daps
Reppin
in the murder capital where we murda for capital
these nikkas need to shut the fukk up n let these nikkas have that time then...

Just seems weird, these dudes ain't rappers, what they spitting don't belong in the same category, they call themselves Rockstars so maybe they should create their own radio stations, record labels, genre and all that, instead of riding the coattails of the ones who came before but not acknowledging them. It's got to be a slap in the face to dudes like scarface when he said it best, he's going to be forgotten in 10 years if new school cats don't pay homage, this only happens in rap music, so many less talented musicians in other genres are still remembered by newer artists.

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No disrespect to the op, but that list of cats you listed seem to have some form of autism, and im not even joking. Uzi seems he might be cool, but those other cats honestly feel like crackbabies fully developed. saying that to say, not only are they young and reckless with their mouthpiece, but theyre alil slooooooowwwww

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest problem with way too many in the younger crowd isn't even necessarily the music or the disconnect in how the culture is repped. If you fukk with mumble rappers, trap music, or didn't grow up freestyling in cyphers or never walked the city at night with a backpack full of fat caps and spray paint, it is what it is. I'm wise enough to know it's a different era and you can't fault somebody for simply being born later than you and not experiencing what you experienced.

What I will NEVER give a pass to or accept is stupidity and illogical arguments. I don't give a fukk if the topic is hip-hop or basket weaving. Do these new rappers that diss anything that existed prior to 2010 think they're Peter Pan or some shyt?? If you preach that anything older than you is irrelevant and subsequently, that aging is somehow a sin, you're effectively proving that you believe hip-hop and the music you create or listen to is nothing more than a fad. Because if you're fortunate enough to live another 10 years and reach that grandfatherly age of 30, by your own logic you have no place or say in whatever the current state of the culture is. You've outgrown it and it no longer applies to you.

That's just stupid, and anybody that espouses some sh*t like that needs to be called on it.

As far as cats not paying homage and taking pride in being ignorant, again, that is just some stupid sh*t. Reminds me of a few years back on Real Time when John McCain's daughter was on talking some bullsh*t about Obama and the current economy, and when Paul Begala tried schooling her on Reagan and Jimmy Carter, she tried to play him out talking 'bout "Oh, I'm sorry but I wasn't even born back then", to which he famously shot her down with "I wasn't born during the French Revolution, but I know about it."

Like, who the fukk takes PRIDE in not knowing sh*t about the craft or profession you engage in?? :wtf:
You hit it right on the head!

These rappers, and just regular people, who don't even care what came before them are in for a big surprise when they have no ways of getting money because whites who are racist will take the shyt from them. If you don't know how, and why, you are doing what you are doing, best believe your enemy will take your shyt, and say they created it while getting rich off of it. WHEN WILL BLACK PEOPLE WAKE UP!

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip-hop is more popular now than it was in the 90's. It isn't going anywhere.

J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar are better than Pac, Biggie, Jay, and Nas, because they're able to take lyricism and match them with melodic music they grew up listening to as well.
I notice there has been an abundance of stupid post such as this when the rep gets disabled.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I notice there has been an abundance of stupid post such as this when the rep gets disabled.
What's sad is he probably really believes it!

He thinks just because he sees more rappers on tv that its more popular, but he forgets that is only because its more avenues for them to be seen, doesn't mean the MUSIC is more popular.

Reading some of these comments helps me understand why blacks lost jazz, rock'n'roll, disco, some r&b, and now rap. The only difference is rap, and r&b, fell while blacks were still doing it, so in this case its no ones fault but US:mjcry:

Last edited:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You coli dudes need to think back to when you were 18 (I kno that's gonna be long time for a lot you nikkas :wow: )

But would u rather hear a 18 -22 year old Nas n Snoop rapping bout street shyt.

Or a 30+ year old BDK or Krs?

Would you rather hear a young funk flex spinning at the tunnel?

Or go to a Dj Kool Herc Sunday BBQ?

I honestly just get so tired goin on the Internet nowadays and try to discuss new hip hop with old ppl. That's why YouTube n soundcloud n ppl like Akademiks have boomed lately, seems like all the young nikkas just discuss it there.

When I was 18 my favorite rapper was 36.

Apex

Banned
Daps
What's sad is he probably really believes it!

He thinks just because he sees more rappers on tv that its more popular, but he forgets that is only because its more avenues for them to be seen, doesn't mean the MUSIC is more popular.

Reading some of these comments helps me understand why blacks lost jazz, rock'n'roll, disco, some r&b, and now rap. The only difference is rap, and r&b, fell while blacks were still doing it, so in this case its no ones fault but US:mjcry:
No rapper was selling out MSG 4 nights in a row in the 90's. You can't objectively say that rap in the 90's was as mainstream as it is today.

The J.Cole/Kendrick comment comes from my personal preference. I connect with them more, which is why I prefer them. I can't relate to 90's gangsta rap.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No rapper was selling out MSG 4 nights in a row in the 90's. You can't objectively say that rap in the 90's was as mainstream as it is today.

The J.Cole/Kendrick comment comes from my personal preference. I connect with them more, which is why I prefer them. I can't relate to 90's gangsta rap.
That is because Drake is a singer, and rapper,so he will have more fans just off top. Plus he has MUCH better promotion then any rapper in the 90's. Apple is his promoter! He is not seen as a threat which is why you seen an old white man at his concert reciting his songs.

Do you realize how much older white people hated rap in the 90's? I doubt they would even give them a chance to do 4 nights at MSG. Some members in congress actually tried to ban rap music. It was not liked like it is now, but it was still popular, and selling big time.

This is why its important to know your history, you would understand why things are the way they are now, but that is a hopeless dream with this generation:yeshrug:

Apex

Banned
Daps
That is because Drake is a singer, and rapper, and he has MUCH better promotion then any rapper in the 90's. m He is not seen as a threat which is why you seen an old white man at his concert reciting his songs.

Do you realize how much older white people hated rap in the 90's? I doubt they would even give them a chance to do 4 nights at MSG. Some members in congress actually tried to ban rap music. It was not liked like it is now, but it was still popular, and selling big time.

This is why its important to know your history, you would understand why things are the way they are now, but that is a hopeless dream with this generation:yeshrug:
I'm not ignorant. I do my due diligence. I just like Cole, Kendirck, and Drake more than Pac/Nas/Biggie/Jay/Wu-Tang

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not ignorant. I do my due diligence. I just like Cole, Kendirck, and Drake more than Pac/Nas/Biggie/Jay/Wu-Tang
You just wrote rap is more popular because of drake selling out msg, but you didn't even understand why. Drake is ONE person, rap is made up of NUMEROUS people.

Who you like is who you like, I can't fault you for that. I fault you for making statements that are far from true, and can easily be proven wrong just by knowing hip hop history.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
It work both ways

I'm old school and I understand today's music isn't on the 90s level and I stay in my lane but I respect a few of them, but I don't see it the other way outside of Kendrick and drake...

It's like black sitcoms in the 90s from Martin, the wayans, New York undercover, and others who honored people before them the black sitcoms after that didn't give a fukk about to the 90 sitcoms