Official YOU Season 3 Thread

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Finished this last night, and me and my girl got into an argument about who was most to blame. :russ:

Joe did manipulate and gas light Love throughout the entire season, claimed he wanted to change, then killed at the drop of a dime for his latest obsession. Love was very impulsive and obviously doesn't give two fukks about killing, but in her head its all to protect her family. These two were definitely made for each other. But I guess their dynamic together had run its course. Doesn't appear like Joe ever loved her anyway.
Joe can’t love, he just gets obsessed and then moves on to another obsession. They were perfect for each other in that they were the same person, but I don’t think Joe is really looking for anything permanent. He will always eventually lose interest

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Finished this last night, and me and my girl got into an argument about who was most to blame. :russ:

Joe did manipulate and gas light Love throughout the entire season, claimed he wanted to change, then killed at the drop of a dime for his latest obsession. Love was very impulsive and obviously doesn't give two fukks about killing, but in her head its all to protect her family. These two were definitely made for each other. But I guess their dynamic together had run its course. Doesn't appear like Joe ever loved her anyway.
Joe fell off her once he found out she was crazy as fukk. Lol. He was getting ready to kill her last season for killing them girls when he was gonna set them free. Only thing that stopped him was the baby. So he stayed around for the baby. He said from the beginning he felt trapped cause he felt like he had to be with her for the baby. But I don’t see how he was the gaslighter when she was cheating on him the whole time yet getting jealous of any girl he looked at. Lol. He DID try to make it work but when he realized she had something with that kid and pushed her against the wall. All of his care disintegrated.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Joe fell off her once he found out she was crazy as fukk. Lol. He was getting ready to kill her last season for killing them girls when he was gonna set them free. Only thing that stopped him was the baby. So he stayed around for the baby. He said from the beginning he felt trapped cause he felt like he had to be with her for the baby. But I don’t see how he was the gaslighter when she was cheating on him the whole time yet getting jealous of any girl he looked at. Lol. He DID try to make it work but when he realized she had something with that kid and pushed her against the wall. All of his care disintegrated.

He wasn't aware of the cheating, likely because he wasn't really paying any real attention to Love, so that doesn't excuse Joe's behavior. And lets stop acting like Joe was just looking at other women, he was doing his usual obsession thing, Love knew what that meant to Joe, as should you. Also once he became obsessed with Marianne, Joe whole schtick was to manipulate the marriage to reaching an end point. If you didn't see that I don't know what show you were watching. Joe was just as much of a villian as Love was, and if it wasn't for Marianne's daughter needing to use the restroom, Joe would have gotten her killed too. Joe never wanted to change, he was just ready to be obsessed with someone other than Love, and that was proven when he killed for Marianne.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It lacked the heightened tension and intrigue of the first two seasons. Of course, that's partly because we're familiar with the pattern and style being three seasons deep, but Joe's relationships never felt realized, and the subjects of his desire were more or less objects to get the narrative moving forward. Whereas you were invested in Beck and Love over the first two seasons because their currency were in the circulation of being the muse of his sociopathy.

Normally, I like characters to be fleshed out, where I have some understanding behind why and who they are, but the nature of Joe's character has never warranted that. In the attempt of trying to humanize him, it broke the spell of his magic, where you'd be better off not knowing how the trick is done, and left to wonder in the act of it. He's not meant to be an antihero; we are not supposed to root for him in any capacity. His immorality is meant to be observed, and not empathized with. It's what made his actions and inner-monologues worth suspending disbelief for. To make matters worse, the soap opera tropes: the bored housewife, the librarian, suburbia and contemporary life, parenthood, social media, his childhood trauma leapt right into the sea of satirical predictability, where the first two seasons managed to carefully walk in the sand without getting its feet wet.

This season was really a tell-tale sign that this show has run its course.
This is actually a very spot on write up. Only thing I will contend is I thought this s3 was vastly superior to s2

s2 was so bad IMO

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Literally how Dexter should've ended. They even gave a nice little nod to Silence of the Lambs (Joe sacrificing a limb to escape). All very good. I'd say leave it alone, 3 perfect seasons, if they get money hungry this might just be a let down passed season 4. There's really nothing to add. Joe doesn't have a brother, killed everyone he needed to and got away. Not many angles I'd want to see explored.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
He wasn't aware of the cheating, likely because he wasn't really paying any real attention to Love, so that doesn't excuse Joe's behavior. And lets stop acting like Joe was just looking at other women, he was doing his usual obsession thing, Love knew what that meant to Joe, as should you. Also once he became obsessed with Marianne, Joe whole schtick was to manipulate the marriage to reaching an end point. If you didn't see that I don't know what show you were watching. Joe was just as much of a villian as Love was, and if it wasn't for Marianne's daughter needing to use the restroom, Joe would have gotten her killed too. Joe never wanted to change, he was just ready to be obsessed with someone other than Love, and that was proven when he killed for Marianne.
I mean u act like was this inanimate object. My guy. She was catching bodies left n right. And no one said Joe was some good guy. I said Love was WORSE and to blame all of her actions on Joe is retarded. That bytch was crazy as fukk. Joe did NOT want to be with Love after she killed those women. He forced that cause of his son. Which is why he was already obsessing over someone else. But like u seemed to miss. He actually fell back when he got to the point wit shorty because he didn’t wanna shyt on Love. So he put that shyt to the side. Yes. He got obsessed with Marianne but he went in with that after shorty was already running around with that kid, putting him in fukked up spots where he had to clean up after her and he caught on to her flirting and sending that kid money without his knowledge. It’s like y’all forget the whole middle of this season. Y’all forgot the therapy sessions? Put it like this. The therapist didn’t even know either of them was killers and she already peeped how self centered Love was. If neither of them were killers. Love would still be a trash partner bruh. She wanted him to be honest yet she never told him that she slept with that kid twice. Once in their fukking kitchen. He found out from the kid after she almost killed him. Love’s moms knew what she was too. Her brother too. Shorty been selfish her whole life. I’m not saying this to say Joe was innocent. He’s nuts. But majority of the shyt they got into this season was Love’s fault. That’s facts. Lol