Official YOU Season 3 Thread

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
nikka the only one caping is u. U been in here from the the beginning blaming all the shyt that crazy ass bytch was doing on Joe. shyt I could see if u even put them on equal footing. But yo ass in here talkin bout he was WORSE. nikka the only one who got a cape on is u u must be in love with that actress or some shyt. Lol. Joe crazy as fukk and Dexter would’ve had both him and Love on his table. But u damn sure ain’t bout to sit up here and act like the majority of the shyt Joe got into wasn’t because Love was buggin the fukk out. Joe aint catch a body until 9 episode in while Love was out here laying the murder game down like it was no tomorrow. Lol
Joe was tame by his standards this season lol

Daps
It lacked the heightened tension and intrigue of the first two seasons. Of course, that's partly because we're familiar with the pattern and style being three seasons deep, but Joe's relationships never felt realized, and the subjects of his desire were more or less objects to get the narrative moving forward. Whereas you were invested in Beck and Love over the first two seasons because their currency were in the circulation of being the muse of his sociopathy.

Normally, I like characters to be fleshed out, where I have some understanding behind why and who they are, but the nature of Joe's character has never warranted that. In the attempt of trying to humanize him, it broke the spell of his magic, where you'd be better off not knowing how the trick is done, and left to wonder in the act of it. He's not meant to be an antihero; we are not supposed to root for him in any capacity. His immorality is meant to be observed, and not empathized with. It's what made his actions and inner-monologues worth suspending disbelief for. To make matters worse, the soap opera tropes: the bored housewife, the librarian, suburbia and contemporary life, parenthood, social media, his childhood trauma leapt right into the sea of satirical predictability, where the first two seasons managed to carefully walk in the sand without getting its feet wet.

This season was really a tell-tale sign that this show has run its course.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It lacked the heightened tension and intrigue of the first two seasons. Of course, that's partly because we're familiar with the pattern and style being three seasons deep, but Joe's relationships never felt realized, and the subjects of his desire were more or less objects to get the narrative moving forward. Whereas you were invested in Beck and Love over the first two seasons because their currency were in the circulation of being the muse of his sociopathy.

Normally, I like characters to be fleshed out, where I have some understanding behind why and who they are, but the nature of Joe's character has never warranted that. In the attempt of trying to humanize him, it broke the spell of his magic, where you'd be better off not knowing how the trick is done, and left to wonder in the act of it. He's not meant to be an antihero; we are not supposed to root for him in any capacity. His immorality is meant to be observed, and not empathized with. It's what made his actions and inner-monologues worth suspending disbelief for. To make matters worse, the soap opera tropes: the bored housewife, the librarian, suburbia and contemporary life, parenthood, social media, his childhood trauma leapt right into the sea of satirical predictability, where the first two seasons managed to carefully walk in the sand without getting its feet wet.

This season was really a tell-tale sign that this show has run its course.
This is all ur opinion of course. Lol

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Finished this last night, and me and my girl got into an argument about who was most to blame. :russ:

Joe did manipulate and gas light Love throughout the entire season, claimed he wanted to change, then killed at the drop of a dime for his latest obsession. Love was very impulsive and obviously doesn't give two fukks about killing, but in her head its all to protect her family. These two were definitely made for each other. But I guess their dynamic together had run its course. Doesn't appear like Joe ever loved her anyway.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Kinda curious how the next season is gonna go cuz imo Love was the MvP of this season. She consistently brought the fukkery.

Joe on his own doing his stalker shyt inner monologue gets kinda boring after a while....I wouldnt wanna see a whole season of just him. Hopefully she ain't really dead and she comes back from the "dead" on some Candace steez.

And is it just me or did Victoria kinda go from :ld: to :ehh: to :jbhmm: to :takedat: to :shaq: as the season went on?