Official YOU Season 3 Thread

Daps
there is just so much fukkery in this season. Its the story of my life minus the killings
:wow:

No way to top this.

Season 4 gonna be on some SAW shyt with the Step dad and Theo trying to hunt down Joe when they see him escaping the house on fire on a security cam

While Joe will be trying to hunt down Marienne in Paris.

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
It lacked the heightened tension and intrigue of the first two seasons. Of course, that's partly because we're familiar with the pattern and style being three seasons deep, but Joe's relationships never felt realized, and the subjects of his desire were more or less objects to get the narrative moving forward. Whereas you were invested in Beck and Love over the first two seasons because their currency were in the circulation of being the muse of his sociopathy.

Normally, I like characters to be fleshed out, where I have some understanding behind why and who they are, but the nature of Joe's character has never warranted that. In the attempt of trying to humanize him, it broke the spell of his magic, where you'd be better off not knowing how the trick is done, and left to wonder in the act of it. He's not meant to be an antihero; we are not supposed to root for him in any capacity. His immorality is meant to be observed, and not empathized with. It's what made his actions and inner-monologues worth suspending disbelief for. To make matters worse, the soap opera tropes: the bored housewife, the librarian, suburbia and contemporary life, parenthood, social media, his childhood trauma leapt right into the sea of satirical predictability, where the first two seasons managed to carefully walk in the sand without getting its feet wet.

This season was really a tell-tale sign that this show has run its course.
I agree with this 100%.

Daps
By the way, that swinger shyt was unnecessary.

Joe and that black girl Sherry were semi-enemies then all of a sudden she wants to fukk him?

Thats like if Pam wants to fukk Martin all of a sudden
:camby:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the way, that swinger shyt was unnecessary.

Joe and that black girl Sherry were semi-enemies then all of a sudden she wants to fukk him?

Thats like if Pam wants to fukk Martin all of a sudden
:camby:

Joe smashing black / non white chicks for no real logical reason without really trying or putting in any work/time to do so like for the white women on show is basically a you-ism at this point :mjlol::francis:

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This was last season of dexter bizzaro :russ: pathetic ending.

Id only give it a pass if it was the show ending for real but season? nikkas couldn’t make marriage last a season? :camby:

4/10 way too trash. My girl gave it a 6/10

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Literally how Dexter should've ended. They even gave a nice little nod to Silence of the Lambs (Joe sacrificing a limb to escape). All very good. I'd say leave it alone, 3 perfect seasons, if they get money hungry this might just be a let down passed season 4. There's really nothing to add. Joe doesn't have a brother, killed everyone he needed to and got away. Not many angles I'd want to see explored.
Don’t be bringing the goat in this :ufdup:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just discovered and binged this whole series. Started off reminding me of American psycho, but developed its own lane by the end of season 1. Season two was peak in finally meeting someone twisted as him, but I expected full fukkery from that in season 3 and got it. shyt was too sloppy, entertaining nonetheless.

thru the course of this series, I’m still most saddened by the effect they had on Ellie :(