Official YOU Season 3 Thread

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Yea they are both psychopaths but people are weirdly trying to put most of the heat from this season on Joe and that’s just weird to me. Lol

Because it's either you stopped watching season 3 after like ep. 4 or the themes of the season completely went over your head.

Love showed growth and took real steps on becoming a better person as the season went along, while Joe only gave lip service on being better and fell right back into his fukkery.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
This show is such entertaining trash

LOL @ Love being mildly upset but ultimately okay with Joe smashing (or thinking he smashed) the neighbor, but deciding she had to go once she found that he was stalking her. This creep with his stalker box of possessions.

Anytime you turn your head on Love in the bakery, she's smashing you over the head with an object.

The black women Joe smashes are the only ones that live. The white ones get murdered.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man LOVE had to fukking GO! Too gotdamn sloppy. Even sloppier than Joe. But as others have said, how the fukk do you do another season? This would have been a perfect ending to the series.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:russ:

Hilarious.

Fox News, so it could go either way.
---
Can I skip the rest of season 1 and jump into season 2? Peaches has been dispatched and so has my interest.

yeah.

s2 recalls a bit of what happens after S1

S2/S3 tie in better together, S1 is mostly stand alone

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
It lacked the heightened tension and intrigue of the first two seasons. Of course, that's partly because we're familiar with the pattern and style being three seasons deep, but Joe's relationships never felt realized, and the subjects of his desire were more or less objects to get the narrative moving forward. Whereas you were invested in Beck and Love over the first two seasons because their currency were in the circulation of being the muse of his sociopathy.

Normally, I like characters to be fleshed out, where I have some understanding behind why and who they are, but the nature of Joe's character has never warranted that. In the attempt of trying to humanize him, it broke the spell of his magic, where you'd be better off not knowing how the trick is done, and left to wonder in the act of it. He's not meant to be an antihero; we are not supposed to root for him in any capacity. His immorality is meant to be observed, and not empathized with. It's what made his actions and inner-monologues worth suspending disbelief for. To make matters worse, the soap opera tropes: the bored housewife, the librarian, suburbia and contemporary life, parenthood, social media, his childhood trauma leapt right into the sea of satirical predictability, where the first two seasons managed to carefully walk in the sand without getting its feet wet.

This season was really a tell-tale sign that this show has run its course.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. Great breakdown. But I thought season 3 was great entertainment and managed to surpass the fukkery of the past 2 seasons. :russ:

The best thing about a show like this is that it has room to experiment because the viewer is already willing to suspend their belief to a certain extent. Pure guilty pleasure easy watching. The writers just have to stay true to the motivations & intentions of the characters. Only death that fukked with me in the series was Delilah.

Excited to see where they take it in Season 4

Daps
Havent finished season 3 yet. However, I'll never forget @I AM WARHOL saying the ex gf (we thought was dead) in season 2 was one of the worst characters in TV history :russ::russ:
She really sucked tbh

Season 3 is alright. I think the ending brought me back but mid season I was getting mad at the characters. Love is just a fukking mess throughout the whole thing

Daps
I really don’t know how they will top this season. They went all out with the fukkery in this. This was the shyt you put in a final season. Season 3 is the best out so far.
They basically reset for season 4 so anything can happen now