SHE RENOUNCED HER WISH
AND TURNED BACK TO A NERDY CAC.

SHE DIDNT KILL ANYONE
NOR BREAK THE LAW IN GENERAL
SO ITS NOT LIKE SHE WOULD
HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR ANYTHING.
:devil:
:evil:

So the magic rock was a mcguffin plot device used to advance narratives in the movie. And as a result, the plot suffered.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:unimpressed:I'm getting tired of people, on multiple discussion forums, including this one saying that they don't see anything wrong with the movie, when there are pages of of pages of people pointing that shyt out. At least defend your stance.
:sas2:

This woman magically took over a man's body and fukked it...

Capostatus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the worst movies I can remember seeing plot wise. :hhh::francis:

The wish whatever you want concept has holes you could drive a truck through. If this happened it would be the biggest crime/event to occur in world history. yet Wonder Woman stays anonymous for decades after and as mentioned above there appear to be no repercussions for the villains.

Why did Steve come back in someone else’s body? Unless Diana specifically wished for that to happen?

The mechanics of the wish stone breaks all semblance of logic. Even the film Aladdin understood that you have to put reasonable limits on that kind of plot device.

Laughably stupid and contrived character motivations. Aside from a comment about Diana’s leopard skin shoes, no explanation on why/how a normal slightly geeky woman who has the power to wish for literally anything would want to be turned into a cheetah creature.

I could go on and on with more minor but ridiculous things (Steve jumps into a modern jet plane and knows how to fly it) but I’ll leave it at that. So Surprised to jump on here and hear that some enjoyed this but to each their own

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I think that was a nod to the comic. She could do that there. Same with the "invisible jet" nod.
You're missing the point. It's about how you present things. Obviously we all know about the invisible jet. It's how they introduced it that's problematic. It wasn't earned.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The real problem with super-powered women written in this PC culture is that you can almost feel them subliminally attacking male superheroes. But in that focused rage, they miss the essence of what makes those heroes great. They’re always flawed characters. There’s never been a popular male superhero that didn’t have some sort of trade off or legitimate tragedy impacting their lives. But the way they present these female heroes— they just wake up, strap on some heels and proceed to be “boss bytches”. It’s corny.
And how weak is it that in a movie that is supposed to “empower” women, that they have a main character who has been an emotional wreck over a nikka she spent five minutes with over half a century ago?

Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Wanda, Storm, and Black Widow were created and written by men. You got a bone to pick, start with the men that wrote them.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Wanda, Storm, and Black Widow were created and written by men. You got a bone to pick, start with the men that wrote them.
Who’s complaining about Storm, Wanda, or Black Widow? See you’re being disingenuous. Wanda is powerful as fukk, but her life of struggle tempers her power making her a glass cannon. Storm isn’t a planet buster, so no one has ever complained about her power level. Black Widow has no powers. She’s looked at as nothing more than a super spy. Wonder Woman (honestly only this movie) and Cpt Marvel however, no matter how they have been portrayed in comics have been done an injustice as it relates to their modern on screen adaptations. And sadly it’s a result of the PC checklist mandated by the studio heads.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The real problem with super-powered women written in this PC culture is that you can almost feel them subliminally attacking male superheroes. But in that focused rage, they miss the essence of what makes those heroes great. They’re always flawed characters. There’s never been a popular male superhero that didn’t have some sort of trade off or legitimate tragedy impacting their lives. But the way they present these female heroes— they just wake up, strap on some heels and proceed to be “boss bytches”. It’s corny.
And how weak is it that in a movie that is supposed to “empower” women, that they have a main character who has been an emotional wreck over a nikka she spent five minutes with over half a century ago?
I'm confused by your critique. Are you saying WW isn't flawed or she is flawed? And what is the PC checklist that went into how her character is written in this movie?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm confused by your critique. Are you saying WW isn't flawed or she is flawed? And what is the PC checklist that went into how her character is written in this movie?
I think her portrayal was fine in her first movie as well as Justice League. They went completely left with this movie. And if you have to ask me what the checklist is; pointing out every little thing probably wouldn’t do you any good if you’re that blind to forced messaging. However, I’ve been posting in here the past couple days and have highlighted many of the problem areas.