giphy.gif
this shyt is horrible. LMAO

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why is Diana Prince such an a$$hole? When she's Wonder Woman she's pretty charming, but they play up that guilt and obligation to be the hero as Diana, that she's just an a$$hole.

this movie is an absolute mess btw. i thought i'd like it a lot more than 1 just off the camply trailers, and 1.5 hours in (an eternity so far) I don't think I'm gonna.

It feels like an eternity because everything moved at a snail's pace. My lady and I paused the movie to go check on dinner stuff in the kitchen, and I was shocked to see that we were 45 minutes deep, because it felt like nothing of note had happened.

Daps
I liked that part :manny: They did it like that because she wished him away and she didn’t want to see it happen. I feel like people are panning this movie unnecessarily. A, it’s for girls and little kids, it’s not meant to be The Dark Knight and B, movies for dudes like Ant Man, Spider-Man and Guardians, can get picked apart the same way if you went in with the mindset to hate on it. There’s just as much stuff in those movies that are stupid. Cats need to go back and watch Spider-Man 3 :russ:

1-F44-DC2-B-3-A4-E-4189-8-C51-7-CFF93-B8-EACC.jpg
People always shyt on Spider-Man 3 so :camby:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This movie reminded me of the Chappelle bit where he called out White feminists on some "You were in on the heist - you just didn't like your cut.'

The only thing this film proved to me was that a White female director and star could be as tone deaf and mediocre as their male counterparts.

If I had to compare this to an existing franchise, it's the SW sequels. Both them and this put a female protagonist in the story, but it was like they're too scared to make them flawed because that might come across as a less than exemplary picture of womanhood. I feel like the point of telling stories like this is to follow the characters' growth. If they start out 'perfect' there's nowhere to go.

IMO - The Rey character was insufferable, but at least they had the excuse that they were making her up as they went along. Wonder Woman has been part of pop culture since the 40's - you would think they'd be able to find a wrinkle that they could exploit to make people look at the character in a new and interesting light.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It feels like an eternity because everything moved at a snail's pace. My lady and I paused the movie to go check on dinner stuff in the kitchen, and I was shocked to see that we were 45 minutes deep, because it felt like nothing of note had happened.

i woke up hungover at 3 am, watched first hour. i woke up today at 8ish, watched a half hour. did some shyt, watched a half hour... did some shyt, and i still had 45 minutes. i'm finally done. this movie fought at every scene for a main character. it's like they couldn't decide. Pascal was much more interesting than Wonder Woman.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This was without a shadow of a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. So many things wrong with this that was already addressed in here. What were the writers and directors thinking with this shyt.

And gal Gadot is a horrible actress. No charisma or range from her at all.
Yall are just being OD now. It was fine.

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
:hhh:My stream got nuked but as ppl have said before lol at ol girl going to the dark side after being basically sexually assaulted. They treated her like shyt dressing like Billie Ellish, she put on some contacts and tight dress and simps bout to walk in traffic looking at her :mjlol:

I got a lot of problems with this movie I’m forcing myself to watch cause Wonder Woman one of my characters. Also blonde hair Mexican trump (with questionable/possible adopted south Asian son)is way too empathetic to ever be a version of trump but I get the comparison

Last edited:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Because writers still haven't figured out how to get across that men can be shytty without immediately going to rape and unwanted advances. It's almost like it's the only way they think they can get us men to sign off on random guy #27 being a piece of shyt.

BRUH. I died laughing at that shyt.

On one hand, I very much see where they were going with trying to work in a bunch of 80s movie tropes. The plain girl suddenly being attractive by taking off her glasses bit (complete with the standard coworker suddenly willing to damn near be her servant just because he thinks she's hot). The "what will this character wear" montage. And the mall scene felt like an homage to the old Superman movies where Superman would do literally everything but just lightly backhand someone, all while winking at kids/the audience. The White House fight seemed like it was trying its hand at old school Jackie Chan situational combat where the protagonist is trying to fight while also avoiding hurting some innocent bystander, or breaking a bunch of valuables, but they forgot to put effort into it.

It's clear what they were TRYING to do. They very much wanted to make a version of those old Superman movies, but forgot that those movies, but forgot that those movies are 40 fukking years old, and people expect more out of their superhero movies now.

I think what stuck with me the most was the invisible jet. They really spent something like 10 minutes essentially giving the invisible jet an origin story, then bush that when she just says fukk it, and learns to fly, while simultaneously using the lasso like Spider-Man's webs, and Mjolnir. It's indicative of what's wrong with the rest of the movie. This is a two and a half hour Wonder Woman movie where she spends most of it not Wonder Womaning (yet another homage to Superman II, really). And the climactic conflict is quite literally resolved by her sitting in a corner and crying.

And fukk them for that mid credits scene. We all know that isn't going to mean shyt in the long run.

Breh that mall scene was so bad, I was waiting for a director to jump out and say "cut" to show that they were filming a parody of a tv show. The fukk was that? :why: