newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo man that shyt was so overt and nuts. They had men basically being savages in every aspect of this shyt. That party looked like a rapist convention. How she run into the same drunk white man from the park on the corner running. That scenario didn't even make sense and the scene didn't either. The so called "diversity in this shyt was borderline offensive man. Someone said it perfectly on another board.

:russ:
Pretty much

:mjlol: am at this scene right now and literally thought the same thing, why a bunch of business dressed dude hanging out on corners randomly drunk late at night

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjlol: am at this scene right now and literally thought the same thing, why a bunch of business dressed dude hanging out on corners randomly drunk late at night
I think maybe they were trying to resemble the scene in Joker where the business guys are scumbags. I don't know but apparently white men got drunk after work in the 80s and went on raping sprees in the parks and on corners.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Did anyone stop and ask who there are so many women in this scene but no men?

Who was they fukkin? :unimpressed:

To reproduce and keep the Amazon race alive, the Themyscirans raid ships on the high seas and copulate with men. At the end of the mating, they take their lives and throw their corpses into the sea rather than marry them. Triumphant, the Amazons return to Paradise Island, and wait. Nine months later, some celebrate the birth of a daughter; some don't.

So what happened to the boys that were born? Traded to be slaves to the gods in exchange for weapons:mjpls:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It ain't easy running in those shoes but:mjlol:
giphy.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody smart explain this.

Not that smart but I’ll weigh in. In 1947, a few years after the Holocaust in World War II, a large part of Palestine was carved up and given to the Jews to create Israel. Twenty years later, by 1967, Israeli Jews had the side facing the Mediterranean Sea whereas Palestinian Arabs had the West Bank facing the rest of the Middle East. Almost right down the middle of the country. It created a lot of tension in the region to say the least. If they stopped right there, there may have been peace but since then, Israel has encroached further and further on Palestine’s side, taking more and more land. Creating Israeli camps, villages and cities in Palestine. Now instead of Palestine having a whole continuous country that’s theirs outright, they have towns that are effectively islands because they’re surrounded by illegal Israeli settlements everywhere. You can’t drive from one part of Palestine to the other without going through Israeli areas now. And Israel has no plan to stop. This year the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, wanted to formalize actions to annex (take over) the West Bank. This would make peace impossible. You cant have a two country solution when one half is all Jewish land and the other half is Palestinian land but has fifty Jewish cities in it. He later fell back as multiple Middle Eastern countries said they would formalize relations/become allies as long as Israel didnt try to take the West Bank. Trump bribed those other Middle Eastern countries into formalizing ties with Israel. UAE got fighter jets in return. Sudan got taken off the state sponsored list for aiding terrorists. Morocco got the US backing their claim over Western Sahara, a region without a formal government they’ve always wanted. The objective was for all these countries to form relations with Israel (to bring them in as political partners and allies) so they can all form an united block against Iran, a growing threat to all of the countries over there. Palestine is looking at all this like :dwillhuh: feeling betrayed, abandoned and left out. They see those countries formalizing relations with Israel as sell outs....as they’re all “Arab brothers” choosing to side with someone the region has always looked at as an outsider just because they have more money, a stronger military and more connections with the US and Europe. Note. The US backs Israel financially and in return, they are our eyes and ears on everything going on in that part of the world, which is why Arabs see Israelis as puppets or snitches for America...they also don’t like that Israel is only a military power because they get money from the states, without it they would’ve been gotten ran over by the other M.E. countries and they also don’t like Israelis due to them being mostly white and not real Middle Easteners. Now for the Arab countries who have formalized relations with Israel (UAE, Sudan, Morocco, Bahrain)....on their end, they’re reaching the point of no longer feeling sorry for Palestine and are ready to move on :hubie:They see the Palestinians as a lost cause that’s quickly reaching the point of irrelevancy. The guy in the movie could be argued to be a representation of Palestine holding a grievance against Israel for slowly taking away his people’s land over time. But AFAIK, there are no princes in Palestine and the country has no oil to be given away to the Saudis like in that scene. If the Palestinians had oil wealth to begin with, they would’ve had the bread to go to war with Israel and they wouldn’t have had their land taken in the first place :manny: Still...Gal Gadot is Israeli so it might have been tone deaf to put that in the movie as it could be misconstrued as sh*ting on Palestine :manny:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And why were all the men creeps and rapists?

Because writers still haven't figured out how to get across that men can be shytty without immediately going to rape and unwanted advances. It's almost like it's the only way they think they can get us men to sign off on random guy #27 being a piece of shyt.

Maaaan the CGI with the acrobatics in the beginning was absolutely horrendous.

The only thing about the mall scene that bothered me was how long it was. I don’t know if it was Patty or somebody else behind the scenes but I’m almost positive someone said “Make her use the lasso more!”:pachaha:

There were like five instances where she could’ve stopped them dudes with a punch instead of doing all that extra shyt.

Nerdy and awkward geek befriends the super cool protagonist then gets superpowers and ends up turning against them. Sounds familiar...
960x0.jpg

:mjgrin:

I will give them credit though. The “nerdy girl gets a makeover which is essentially just a hair cut and removing her glasses” trope is straight of an ‘80s movie :pachaha:

Pedro Pascal was the clear standout and the best thing about this movie. No matter how many brehs try and convince me otherwise Gal Gadot is boring as fukk and a one note actress. That accent and her looks don’t make up for a lack of a personality.

But this movie had no right being 2 and half hours long.

BRUH. I died laughing at that shyt.

On one hand, I very much see where they were going with trying to work in a bunch of 80s movie tropes. The plain girl suddenly being attractive by taking off her glasses bit (complete with the standard coworker suddenly willing to damn near be her servant just because he thinks she's hot). The "what will this character wear" montage. And the mall scene felt like an homage to the old Superman movies where Superman would do literally everything but just lightly backhand someone, all while winking at kids/the audience. The White House fight seemed like it was trying its hand at old school Jackie Chan situational combat where the protagonist is trying to fight while also avoiding hurting some innocent bystander, or breaking a bunch of valuables, but they forgot to put effort into it.

It's clear what they were TRYING to do. They very much wanted to make a version of those old Superman movies, but forgot that those movies, but forgot that those movies are 40 fukking years old, and people expect more out of their superhero movies now.

I think what stuck with me the most was the invisible jet. They really spent something like 10 minutes essentially giving the invisible jet an origin story, then bush that when she just says fukk it, and learns to fly, while simultaneously using the lasso like Spider-Man's webs, and Mjolnir. It's indicative of what's wrong with the rest of the movie. This is a two and a half hour Wonder Woman movie where she spends most of it not Wonder Womaning (yet another homage to Superman II, really). And the climactic conflict is quite literally resolved by her sitting in a corner and crying.

And fukk them for that mid credits scene. We all know that isn't going to mean shyt in the long run.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
OK, I see why people are slamming the new WW movie, but as much as I love complexity, I also love cheese. There's something nostalgic & wholesome about how stupid this movie is. It reminds me of those old Superman movies, which are still my favorite superhero flicks.
From the first scenes after Themyscera when she was in DC, I thought she was going for a Donner Superman tone too. But that mall scene was way more Home Alone that it was Superman. shyt was just too zany to use a word from that period. And even after that when the the goofiness calmed down it still didn't really hit those notes properly. Shazam was purposely campy too, but it worked imo. And it was because they kinda did 80's camp, but treated it like it was made currently. It seems like Jenkins tried to make a 80's movie like we were still in the 80's, as if we could completely ignore all the improvements that we've seen in the almost 40 years.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaan the CGI with the acrobatics in the beginning was absolutely horrendous.

The only thing about the mall scene that bothered me was how long it was. I don’t know if it was Patty or somebody else behind the scenes but I’m almost positive someone said “Make her use the lasso more!”:pachaha:

There were like five instances where she could’ve stopped them dudes with a punch instead of doing all that extra shyt.

Nerdy and awkward geek befriends the super cool protagonist then gets superpowers and ends up turning against them. Sounds familiar...
960x0.jpg

:mjgrin:

I will give them credit though. The “nerdy girl gets a makeover which is essentially just a hair cut and removing her glasses” trope is straight of an ‘80s movie :pachaha:

Pedro Pascal was the clear standout and the best thing about this movie. No matter how many brehs try and convince me otherwise Gal Gadot is boring as fukk and a one note actress. That accent and her looks don’t make up for a lack of a personality.

But this movie had no right being 2 and half hours long.

BINGO. I said the shyt as soon as I saw it. Wiig was Maxwell Dillon and Aldrich Killian from Ironman 3
Aldrich_Killian_Earth-199999_from_Iron_Man_3_film_001.jpg

nikkas forgetting The O.G. of this awkward, Nerdy, four eyed geek turned villain shyt

6e6d36b53e3a8d03b683862de53d0351.jpg

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:
No one ever said there haven’t been bad comic book movies. But this was Babbage. It’s a significant drop off from even the first film. And trying to pass it off as being for girls and little kids is a cop out. Why do you think they went for the 1984 angle? Just like Cpt. Marvel they went for the millennial nostalgia angle. This was absolutely supposed to be for a more mature crowd as well. And they failed.

IDK, I haven’t seen people sh*tting on Ant Man or Spider-Man when if you went through those movies with a fine tooth comb, you could find just as many plot holes. This movie wasn’t that bad. And it’s not a cop out. This is not a movie for 30 year old men who are superhero fanboys. The target demographic is clearly little girls and women :beli: You wearing Wonder Woman shirts bruh? :beli: We’re here to be spectators at best. It’s their movie.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
This was without a shadow of a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. So many things wrong with this that was already addressed in here. What were the writers and directors thinking with this shyt.

And gal Gadot is a horrible actress. No charisma or range from her at all.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bought hbo max today but haven't watched it yet.

How is it brehs?
tenor.gif

No spoilers pls
This was without a shadow of a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. So many things wrong with this that was already addressed in here. What were the writers and directors thinking with this shyt.

And gal Gadot is a horrible actress. No charisma or range from her at all.

Don't know why but this has me crying.
giphy.gif

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
IDK, I haven’t seen people sh*tting on Ant Man or Spider-Man when if you went through those movies with a fine tooth comb, you could find just as many plot holes. This movie wasn’t that bad. And it’s not a cop out. This is not a movie for 30 year old men who are superhero fanboys. The target demographic is clearly little girls and women :beli: You wearing Wonder Woman shirts bruh? :beli: We’re here to be spectators at best. It’s their movie.
:mjlol: nikka what? Men have no problem supporting female oriented media. If this movie depended on women and girls being the primary viewership it wouldn’t even make back the marketing budget. Men are the ones paying to see these movies; whether it’s just for us or for the women/daughters/etc in our lives. I don’t need to wear a WW tshirt to be a fan.

And the WNBA always crying about money proves my point on this. If it’s not fashion based, you can’t get paid off female customers alone.

Last edited: