Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The Caitlin Clark discourse has fukking derailed on Twitter, it’s worse than I could’ve imagined.
GORU0JvXcAE_v23

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That’s why I was saying how the WNBA/media should’ve been pushing Angel Reese more. She already has a lot of mainstream appeal with the modeling, but she has a bright personality as well. Even if they had to push a white player, they could push Cameron Brink. I’m not saying don’t focus on Caitlin at all, but they’re ignoring the other players.
No. They should’ve been pushing every star player on each team. They should’ve been pushing the Aces. The WNBA has a lot of great players. Nothing Reese or Clark brings to the actual game is ground breaking. Clark can shoot long threes. A bunch of WNBA players can do that :russ:

And if anything, the league fumbled by not making sure Phoenix got the first pick. They run an offense that would’ve fit better with Clark. And it would’ve been a better storyline if Clark ended up playing with Taurasi.

Daps
No. They should’ve been pushing every star player on each team. They should’ve been pushing the Aces. The WNBA has a lot of great players. Nothing Reese or Clark brings to the actual game is ground breaking. Clark can shoot long threes. A bunch of WNBA players can do that :russ:

And if anything, the league fumbled by not making sure Phoenix got the first pick. They run an offense that would’ve fit better with Clark. And it would’ve been a better storyline if Clark ended up playing with Taurasi.
steph didnt invent the long 3 but he made it popular. I can tell you just dont like clark based off your post and thats fine but if someone was as marketable before they wouldve jumped on it.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
PROMOTION!!! Marketing and promotion is everything. Stewart has 4 college titles ,2 wnba titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 reguarl mvps and 2 gold medals. She's white!!! The league has always had white ballers. The problem is there are people that say, "I've never watched a WNBA game before this season", and then get mad when people try to school them on their bullshyt. I've never watched a hockey game in my life and I can't name 5 curry hockey players. What the fukk would I look like getting into arguments about who is or isn't the greatest hockey player after watching 2 NHL games?? Does that make any sense? We have watched this league since the 90s and was begging for it to be promoted and they chose a one dimensional player to promote that has accomplished absolutely nothing but scoring by jacking 3s
The real answer is that most WNBA females have boring, traditional playstyles, aren't charismatic and aren't facially attractive AND top players simultaneously.

Breanna Stewart is a great player, but I never saw people tuning in en masse to watch her even in college. How is the league supposed to market and promote an ugly person that, albeit is a top player, but isn't in the least bit charismatic AND has a very traditional skillset for a big, which most casual viewers would consider to be boring?

To a casual basketball viewer, her statline isn't even anything to cheer about. If you didn't know about the WNBA, you'd think she was just a 'regular' good player.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town

I agree, but I was just speaking on the rookies. They obviously should’ve been highlighting the stars they already have.

Phoenix traded their pick, which is why they didn’t have a first rounder.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
That’s why I was saying how the WNBA/media should’ve been pushing Angel Reese more. She already has a lot of mainstream appeal with the modeling, but she has a bright personality as well. Even if they had to push a white player, they could push Cameron Brink. I’m not saying don’t focus on Caitlin at all, but they’re ignoring the other players.

They are pushing Cameron Brink in LA.
Angel is getting attention in Chicago.
Nationally ESPN and these national media sources are the ones focusing on Caitlin.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
They are pushing Cameron Brink in LA.
Angel is getting attention in Chicago.
Nationally ESPN and these national media sources are the ones focusing on Caitlin.
That’s who I’m referring to. National media. I’m in Chicago, so I know Angel’s been getting attention. She and Kamilla threw out the first pick at the Cubs game the other day as well.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
The real answer is that most WNBA females have boring, traditional playstyles, aren't charismatic and aren't facially attractive AND top players simultaneously.

Breanna Stewart is a great player, but I never saw people tuning in en masse to watch her even in college. How is the league supposed to market and promote an ugly person that, albeit is a top player, but isn't in the least bit charismatic AND has a very traditional skillset for a big, which most casual viewers would consider to be boring?

To a casual basketball viewer, her statline isn't even anything to cheer about. If you didn't know about the WNBA, you'd think she was just a 'regular' good player.
Breanna Stewart was a star at Uconn. When she played our college for the first time in our building, it was our highest seller of the year. I was at this game with Stewart, Nurse, Jefferson, and Samuelson. I was at this game and still got my ticket stub. The stadium was packed. And I saw a lot of teenage girls there as well.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Clark isn’t charismatic and she looks like a man. She has zero sex appeal. But she’s young, white and from Iowa.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

exactly. I wanted Clark coming out of college. She would have fit in well for us and we got the 3rd pick only to trade it and rob Chicago. Clark would have been perfect for us because we have the perfect players to space the floor, plus an inside presence in Griner.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
...and her playstyle is highly entertaining. How did you just leave that out:heh:?
She's a gunner like Lloyd. You don't think Lloyd and Ogunbowale are entertaining??? Those girls are very exciting. They shoot a lot of 3s and drive too. What about their game is boring???

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
She's a gunner like Lloyd. You don't think Lloyd and Ogunbowale are entertaining??? Those girls are very exciting. They shoot a lot of 3s and drive too. What about their game is boring???

Just cause you both shoot the same shots dont mean your style of play is the same

Its nothing about clark and lloyds style that is the same

Do dame and steph play the same?