Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Honestly? I could see Paige (through some force of luck/The Will of God) ending up in Golden State next season to give them a ready made star

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Hate how Aliyah is getting dragged out here. Hopefully they can figure this situation out before these crazy new fans run her out the damn league
I don’t know what’s going on with her, but she was rookie of the year, averaged like 15 and 8, and led the entire WNBA in FG percentage. She’s playing terribly this year. Some people in this thread says she’s out of shape, but the coach said she’s in better shape than she was last year. She’s not the only player who isn’t playing well though. The Fever’s core from last year are all playing much worse this season…:jbhmm:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know what’s going on with her, but she was rookie of the year, averaged like 15 and 8, and led the entire WNBA in FG percentage. She’s playing terribly this year. Some people in this thread says she’s out of shape, but the coach said she’s in better shape than she was last year. She’s not the only player who isn’t playing well though. The Fever’s core from last year are all playing much worse this season…:jbhmm:

Lights too bright

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Lights too bright
I don’t buy that. She played under bigger lights in college and delivered with a championship, National Player of the Year and Most Outstanding Player in her college career (I think she was a 3x First Team All American as well). She played against these same WNBA players last year and delivered. She’s been playing basketball all her life. When you’ve made it at that level, the only thing affecting you is what happens on the court. The couple of games I saw this year, it doesn’t seem like she is getting many touches compared to the other players. That can affect your confidence more than a crowd.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I watched her rookie highlights and they look just like what we are seeing right now. She didn't look impressive to me then and she doesn't look impressive now.

She was getting by off of being bigger and stronger than the competition, but the way that the fever need to play in order to actually win is a lot more finesse.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I watched her rookie highlights and they look just like what we are seeing right now. She didn't look impressive to me then and she doesn't look impressive now.

She was getting by off of being bigger and stronger than the competition, but the way that the fever need to play in order to actually win is a lot more finesse.
She played against these same players last year though and led the entire league in FG percentage. Did those players get bigger this season?

I just looked, and maybe she’s not a player who’s gonna take a bunch of shots, but her efficiency has been terrible so far. As a rookie, she attempted 15 or more FGs only 6 times. She attempted 10 or more FGs in exactly half of her games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
She played against these same players last year though and led the entire league in FG percentage. Did those players get bigger this season?
What I'm saying is she has to change the way she plays. She plays slow and in the post and is trying to outmuscle her opponents, and that's cool for her individual game, but that didn't lead to wins.

In order to win she's going to have to step out and hit a shot, catch the ball on PnR feeds, make decisions ala draymond, and protect the rim. The finesse game

She can't expect to get the ball dumped down low to her 10-15 times a game anymore and for indiana to just stand around and watch her