Caitlin Clark Set To Sign New 8-Year Deal For 28 Million With Nike

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And I remember the days when Coli goofs thought Nike weren't gonna make a profit on her at all :laff:
8 years was always crazy to me

caitlin need to throw her agent out the airplane

v8dJMZE.gif

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I really don't know what her mgnt was thinking
I would guess they all underestimated the impact she would have on the league. It's unprecedented and female signature athletes with their own shoes is a new thing.

For the WNBA, this is their Jordan and the player they've been waiting for.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8 years was always crazy to me

caitlin need to throw her agent out the airplane

v8dJMZE.gif

They’ll renegotiate before her deal is over. Ain’t no way in hell Nike would ever risk fukking up the bag CC is about to drop on their front porch.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Under armor offered her more, for a shorter amount of time, and she could re-up once the Wnba stock rises after 4 years and get nore

But at the same time Nike can offer so much shyt off the books that they wouldn't charge her for so I get how that can be attractive
Nike is just more attractive based on name brand alone. Kids grow up with Nike as the standard. Players talk all the time about how would take less from Nike because is the brand they grew up with. That’s a tough thing to beat.

JLaw

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deal looks bad in hindsight but at the time there was a lot skepticism about how much of her fanbase would carry over to the infamously unpopular WNBA.

And because the existing market for women didn't give them much to negotiate with. Nike rolled out the red carpet for Bron because of how much money MJ made them. There's no precedent for Clark.