Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
When Boston got drafted in 2023 she was in great shape..........Boston did not play overseas during the offseason....She came into the season poorly conditioned....She also never learned how to play the pick/roll game at SC.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don’t buy that. She played under bigger lights in college and delivered with a championship, National Player of the Year and Most Outstanding Player in her college career (I think she was a 3x First Team All American as well). She played against these same WNBA players last year and delivered. She’s been playing basketball all her life. When you’ve made it at that level, the only thing affecting you is what happens on the court. The couple of games I saw this year, it doesn’t seem like she is getting many touches compared to the other players. That can affect your confidence more than a crowd.
She played in the big 10 and here teammates and fans were white. She’s not used to playing with black players who can take the most shots in a game. She’s not used to playing without having the green light to shoot anytime she wants. More importantly, she’s not used to playing against guards who can d her up every game.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
She played in the big 10 and here teammates and fans were white. She’s not used to playing with black players who can take the most shots in a game. She’s not used to playing without having the green light to shoot anytime she wants. More importantly, she’s not used to playing against guards who can d her up every game.

I think she plays exactly the same. But her competition is just as good.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
The paragraph you quoted was talking about Boston and you're talking about Clark.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I thought you were talking about Boston when you said the lights were too bright. I still don’t think it’s that. In regards to Caitlin, she doesn’t have the ball handling ability or quickness like a lot of these guards, so if she’s not hitting shots from deep, she looks terrible, couple that with being pretty much a defensive liability. When it comes to Boston, she may be talking the same amount of shots as last year, but not getting the same type of touches. Only 5 games though and the entire team is still adjusting.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If Indiana doesn’t win more than 13 games, then Clark made the team worse.

And at this point, she’s nothing more than a mascot for the WNBA. A side show.

You look at Indiana’s IG page and 95% of the posts are Clark. Based on what I’ve seen, she doesn’t even try to fit in with her teammates. Opponents who play well vs them get totally ignored.

And white people who root for Clark and say slick shyt about black players honestly believes she’s the reverse Tiger Woods, of the WNBA, not realizing some of the top players are white. The current MVP is white.

Brink and Reese are actually bonding with their teammates and embracing their new teams. Clark comes off like a stuck up CAC.

And yes, I’m rooting against her. I hope Indiana goes 0-40. Nobody wants to play on a team where one player gets all the credit and everyone else gets the blame. She hasn’t shown the ability to be a playmaker other than hitting step back threes and in the pros she’s ineffectient.

My hope is the media and fans will gravitate to players and teams which will help grow the league and she becomes just another player.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I thought you were talking about Boston when you said the lights were too bright. I still don’t think it’s that. In regards to Caitlin, she doesn’t have the ball handling ability or quickness like a lot of these guards, so if she’s not hitting shots from deep, she looks terrible, couple that with being pretty much a defensive liability. When it comes to Boston, she may be talking the same amount of shots as last year, but not getting the same type of touches. Only 5 games though and the entire team is still adjusting.

Boston isn’t the problem. She’s not getting enough touches. Last year, she was included in their game plan. This year they’ve been all over the place. Clark has also been a distraction.

But again for the 100th time. This is just as much cultural as it is basketball. Clark grew up in Iowa around white people. She went to Iowa and played with mostly white people. Now she’s on a team that only has 3 other white players. Team bonding leads to chemistry. Chemistry increases your chances of winning.

And it doesn’t help that she has the personality of a sock. Yet she’s the one that’s the leagues spokesperson. If she was black she would be just another player.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Boston isn’t the problem. She’s not getting enough touches. Last year, she was included in their game plan. This year they’ve been all over the place. Clark has also been a distraction.

But again for the 100th time. This is just as much cultural as it is basketball. Clark grew up in Iowa around white people. She went to Iowa and played with mostly white people. Now she’s on a team that only has 3 other white players. Team bonding leads to chemistry. Chemistry increases your chances of winning.

And it doesn’t help that she has the personality of a sock. Yet she’s the one that’s the leagues spokesperson. If she was black she would be just another player.
That’s why I was saying how the WNBA/media should’ve been pushing Angel Reese more. She already has a lot of mainstream appeal with the modeling, but she has a bright personality as well. Even if they had to push a white player, they could push Cameron Brink. I’m not saying don’t focus on Caitlin at all, but they’re ignoring the other players.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
That’s why I was saying how the WNBA/media should’ve been pushing Angel Reese more. She already has a lot of mainstream appeal with the modeling, but she has a bright personality as well. Even if they had to push a white player, they could push Cameron Brink. I’m not saying don’t focus on Caitlin at all, but they’re ignoring the other players.
Reese has Clark on charisma and look and she is a bigger presence on social media. But Clark is more enticing to watch on court which is why the stadiums get filled and the ratings are higher for her games.

If Reese had a game like Aja or Stewie she'd be the one but it's hard to market someone who plays like Reggie Evans :skip:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Reese has Clark on charisma and look and she is a bigger presence on social media. But Clark is more enticing to watch on court which is why the stadiums get filled and the ratings are higher for her games.

If Reese had a game like Aja or Stewie she'd be the one but it's hard to market someone who plays like Reggie Evans :skip:

That's why Slim Body Brink gonna be the real star :blessed: