Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
She's a gunner like Lloyd. You don't think Lloyd and Ogunbowale are entertaining??? Those girls are very exciting. They shoot a lot of 3s and drive too. What about their game is boring???
Who said they were boring:heh:?

My point is that it's a lot of reasons why no WNBA player never caught on before she did.

There have been a lot of women with entertaining playstyles, but how many were doing this in college, on teams that weren't stacked and/or already prestigious, and actually lead their team to the final round (twice!) damn near single-handedly in the WNBA-era?

That's a large part of Caitlyn's mystique. Small-town girl that was a 5-star prospect that chose to stay local and attend a non-prestigious university, then proceeds to light it up for 4 years straight while dethroning the defending champs that were undefeated while ALSO being electrifying on the court. People would tune in wondering if she can carry her squad to a win against a better team [on paper] many a time.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GORpyaEWwAAxoHa
CBS coverage begins this Saturday 1 eastern on CBS and Paramount plus

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If Indiana doesn’t win more than 13 games, then Clark made the team worse.

And at this point, she’s nothing more than a mascot for the WNBA. A side show.

You look at Indiana’s IG page and 95% of the posts are Clark. Based on what I’ve seen, she doesn’t even try to fit in with her teammates. Opponents who play well vs them get totally ignored.

And white people who root for Clark and say slick shyt about black players honestly believes she’s the reverse Tiger Woods, of the WNBA, not realizing some of the top players are white. The current MVP is white.

Brink and Reese are actually bonding with their teammates and embracing their new teams. Clark comes off like a stuck up CAC.

And yes, I’m rooting against her. I hope Indiana goes 0-40. Nobody wants to play on a team where one player gets all the credit and everyone else gets the blame. She hasn’t shown the ability to be a playmaker other than hitting step back threes and in the pros she’s ineffectient.

My hope is the media and fans will gravitate to players and teams which will help grow the league and she becomes just another player.
Not necessarily.

This year they are getting every teams best effort. Every game they are in is a sellout crowd and millions of people watching on national TV. Naturally the opposition is most up for those kinds of games, where as last year, no one gave a damn about playing Indiana so they could sneak up on you.

When you play against Caitlin Clark, you get exposure and the opposition is going to look to take advantage.

She also isn't inefficient on offense. She takes a lot of threes so her fg% might seem low but when you factor her in her ability to get to the line and make fts its boost her scoring efficiency a good amount. She currently has a 58% true shooing percentage which is the best on the team.

The one area she's struggled in is turnovers, so we gotta see if she can get that number down. Overall, 18ppg and 6 assists on 58 TS% is great for a rookie getting the defensive attention she gets.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not necessarily.

This year they are getting every teams best effort. Every game they are in is a sellout crowd and millions of people watching on national TV. Naturally the opposition is most up for those kinds of games, where as last year, no one gave a damn about playing Indiana so they could sneak up on you.

When you play against Caitlin Clark, you get exposure and the opposition is going to look to take advantage.

She also isn't inefficient on offense. She takes a lot of threes so her fg% might seem low but when you factor her in her ability to get to the line and make fts its boost her scoring efficiency a good amount. She currently has a 58% true shooing percentage which is the best on the team.

The one area she's struggled in is turnovers, so we gotta see if she can get that number down. Overall, 18ppg and 6 assists on 58 TS% is great for a rookie getting the defensive attention she gets.
I was at the Storm vs fever game, 2nd row from courtside. My impressions including some Clark:

• Jewell Lloyd is a mf BUCKET. She was ballin hard and she has a ton of fans. 21 in the first half.
  • 18,300 in attendance...and while Clark was a draw...they were STORM fans, more on that later.
  • Clark started cold as hell, not as much a bad shot but more struggling to control her game and get open. Rookie stuff.
  • When the game got tight her frantic nature helped...that will turn into a mature killer instinct perhaps. She was relatively sloppy with the ball though, again, rookie shyt.
  • The crowd was somewhat cheering when she got a bucket until the 4Q...then they booed the shyt out of her when she was at the line...she was not among friends. my point is...fans will come to see her....but they ARE NOT going to be fans of her. She better get used to big crowds than are hostile. She's getting booed out the bldg next time she's in Seattle.
Hell of a crowd, and they sure got some new fans last night.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

That aligns with what i saw yesterday. Idk if the storm was trying harder in anyway though.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I was at the Storm vs fever game, 2nd row from courtside. My impressions including some Clark:

• Jewell Lloyd is a mf BUCKET. She was ballin hard and she has a ton of fans. 21 in the first half.
  • 18,300 in attendance...and whole Clark was a draw...they were STORM fans, more on that later.
  • Clark started cold as hell, not as much a bad shot but more struggling to control her game and get open. Rookie stuff.
  • When the game got tight her frantic nature helped...that will turn into a mature killer instinct perhaps. She was relatively sloppy with the ball though, again, rookie shyt.
  • The crowd was somewhat cheering when she got a bucket until the 4Q...then they booed the shyt out of her when she was at the line...she was not among friends. my point is...fans will come to see her....but they ARE NOT going to be fans of her. She better get used to big crowds than are hostile. She's getting booed out the bldg next time she's in Seattle.
Hell of a crowd, and they sure got some new fans last night.
Yeah and this is what I was saying earlier in either this thread or another thread

CC is getting WNBA fans into arenas but I don't believe they are traveling Fever fans, they are fans from the area who are fans of their team, but CC finally gave them a reason to go out and buy tickets.

It's like she's awoken the dormant, passive fans who have either just been watching on TV or very rarely go to the games

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
If Indiana doesn’t win more than 13 games, then Clark made the team worse.

And at this point, she’s nothing more than a mascot for the WNBA. A side show.

You look at Indiana’s IG page and 95% of the posts are Clark. Based on what I’ve seen, she doesn’t even try to fit in with her teammates. Opponents who play well vs them get totally ignored.

And white people who root for Clark and say slick shyt about black players honestly believes she’s the reverse Tiger Woods, of the WNBA, not realizing some of the top players are white. The current MVP is white.

Brink and Reese are actually bonding with their teammates and embracing their new teams. Clark comes off like a stuck up CAC.

And yes, I’m rooting against her. I hope Indiana goes 0-40. Nobody wants to play on a team where one player gets all the credit and everyone else gets the blame. She hasn’t shown the ability to be a playmaker other than hitting step back threes and in the pros she’s ineffectient.

My hope is the media and fans will gravitate to players and teams which will help grow the league and she becomes just another player.

It's better to have a player to hate watch, hate last forever. We not here to appreciate anybody b.