Official WNBA Random Thoughts -

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
whats with folks and this the wnba shouldve gave Caitlin an easy schedule to ease her in stuff
ihY6hHi.png

img]
There are only 12 teams. The worst team last year significantly got better with adding Copper(Mercury). This isn't the NBA. of the 12 teams, this season 5 of them have a chance of making the finals (Mercury, Sun, Liberty, Aces, Wings). That's 42% of the league. She's playing an all star/HOF every night. This is the shyt I've been preaching for well over a decade about the NBA in Wilt/Russel's era. Limited teams means your're playing a top team and players every night. Damn near half the draft picks don't make teams. The league will bring in more teams nad it will dillute it like the NBA did and is still doing. This leads to players putting up career number against garbage ass teams and multiple nights off. To put it in perspective, the fact that there are 5 teams that can possibly make the finals in the WNBA, that would be like 13 teams in the NBA being contenders. And we know this isn't true. I personally believe the NBA should get rid of at least 4 or 5 teams. We have guys on our squad that shouldn't even be in the league (Spurs). At the most I think the WNBA should max out 15 teams. But we know how greedy these crackers are.

I don't agree with JJ Reddikk bytchazz on anything, but I will agree with him on one thing. When the NBA expansion happened in 1988, the league brought in 4 new teams. Hornets, Heat, Magic, and Timberwolves. That means jordan and the bulls were playing Orlando, miami, and charlotte at least 4 times and the Wolve's twice in 1992. That's 14 games. They only lost one of those 14 and set a record for the bulls franchise with 67 wins that season. Then in 1995-96, 2 more expansion teams were added with the Grizz and Raptors. The bulls then set the all time record with 72 games. Expansion years lead to bullshyt and the WNBA knows this so they have to find a way to prop up the chick they want us all to believe is great.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
She'll probably come back next year stronger. They don't give these chick's coming in from college a real offseason.
They ALL go thru it. Every last one of them and no one has ever publicly complained until this year. Why is that? Add in that the season every 4 years runs into the olympics so then they take a break, the 12 females on the olympic squad has to play, then the season picks up after the olympics is over. No one has ever complained on the behalf of Sue Bird and Taurasi that have been to the olympics every 4 years since 2004(20 years). Then in the off season, they go overseas and play. So I'm not trying to hear this complaining for this bytch yall thought was great and is getting exposed.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Why do y'all detractors get so mad at the idea this white girl can ball?
Why do we have to try so hard to highlight the fact that her first few games was a rough start?
Y'all say y'all watch but ignore the fact that she has played the best two teams for her first few games and they were a inexcusable blown layup away from winning.

You can't say she is overrated or don't deserve the hype because literally no one was talking about women's basketball before she started shooting the lights out. She may become the goat or she may just be a good player but one thing for sure she is exciting to watch, and that's what the wnba needs.

y'all say there is other talent to be highlighted but why didn't people flock to them? there are other white girls that can shoot but no one stopped what they were dong to watch them play.. Just maybe there is more to this CC chick maybe a lot of us see something special about how she plays that makes her more interesting than them other girls.. Hell a supposed top player blew a extremely easy layup last night, and she was only open because everyone is laser focused on CC, if she wasn't that good then why are the pros locked in on her every play?

its not just the internet I got a few homies who sound like y'all. and told them to their face they were haters. this is pathetic.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Why do we have to try so hard to highlight the fact that her first few games was a rough start?
Y'all say y'all watch but ignore the fact that she has played the best two teams for her first few games and they were a inexcusable blown layup away from winning.

You can't say she is overrated or don't deserve the hype because literally no one was talking about women's basketball before she started shooting the lights out. She may become the goat or she may just be a good player but one thing for sure she is exciting to watch, and that's what the wnba needs.

y'all say there is other talent to be highlighted but why didn't people flock to them? there are other white girls that can shoot but no one stopped what they were dong to watch them play.. Just maybe there is more to this CC chick maybe a lot of us see something special about how she plays that makes her more interesting than them other girls.. Hell a supposed top player blew a extremely easy layup last night, and she was only open because everyone is laser focused on CC, if she wasn't that good then why are the pros locked in on her every play?

its not just the internet I got a few homies who sound like y'all. and told them to their face they were haters. this is pathetic.
PROMOTION!!! Marketing and promotion is everything. Stewart has 4 college titles ,2 wnba titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 reguarl mvps and 2 gold medals. She's white!!! The league has always had white ballers. The problem is there are people that say, "I've never watched a WNBA game before this season", and then get mad when people try to school them on their bullshyt. I've never watched a hockey game in my life and I can't name 5 curry hockey players. What the fukk would I look like getting into arguments about who is or isn't the greatest hockey player after watching 2 NHL games?? Does that make any sense? We have watched this league since the 90s and was begging for it to be promoted and they chose a one dimensional player to promote that has accomplished absolutely nothing but scoring by jacking 3s

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

She was playing college ball 2 months ago. Some people just don't want to see women succeed.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
How come the Sky don’t play their 3rd game until Thursday? At least it gives Kamilla won’t miss as many games because of it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
PROMOTION!!! Marketing and promotion is everything. Stewart has 4 college titles ,2 wnba titles, 2 finals mvps, 2 reguarl mvps and 2 gold medals. She's white!!! The league has always had white ballers. The problem is there are people that say, "I've never watched a WNBA game before this season", and then get mad when people try to school them on their bullshyt. I've never watched a hockey game in my life and I can't name 5 curry hockey players. What the fukk would I look like getting into arguments about who is or isn't the greatest hockey player after watching 2 NHL games?? Does that make any sense? We have watched this league since the 90s and was begging for it to be promoted and they chose a one dimensional player to promote that has accomplished absolutely nothing but scoring by jacking 3s
I hear you on that, but this chick is drawing in the eyes, and that's what y'all say y'all wanted. Whether she becomes the MJ of the league or just Tracey Mcgrady she is bringing in money and eyes. If these other women are so good then the new caual fans will see them and start watching their games. CC is a win win for the wnba so instead of trying to pick her game apart and tell everyone she isn't that good, you should be glad your sport is getting some attention.

Also I may not be an expert with women's basketball, but I been watching the men :dame: my whole life, so I can tell when someone is good at basketball and this chick can hoop. So far this season she has improved in every game and she still may end up being rookie of the year

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Clark's offense is coming around nicely. Her numbers stack up really good with the other high drafted guards in the past.

17ppg, 5.5apg, and 4 boards on 59.5 TS%

In her prime and can see her putting up monstrous scoring and assist numbers especially if she gets better shooters and a more athletic big around her. Just gotta reduce the turnovers which is currently at 6.5 a game.

Last edited: