Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Was that the real Pat Riley when Adrien Brody was looking at the mirror?

Also did they really shyt on Bill Russel's bed?

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
fukking love this show. And they don’t pull no punches talking about real shyt about life back then not just basketball. Earvin Sr. and Cap’s convo was a great scene. Magic hitting Rhonda behind Cook back:russ::mjlit:

Goddamn Magic was really on some savage shyt

When ol girl walked out the back I was like :ooh:

U can tell she wanted to fukk when she walked in without cook

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Was that the real Pat Riley when Adrien Brody was looking at the mirror?

Also did they really shyt on Bill Russel's bed?
nah im guessing that was riley pops in the mirror.

and yes they did shyt in his bed and write the n-word on his walls.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
nah im guessing that was riley pops in the mirror.

and yes they did shyt in his bed and write the n-word on his walls.

Oh yeah, probably the guy who played his pops in the series...didn't even think about that.

Can't believe they did that to Bill.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Damn they playing extra fast and loose with the history in this episode. Lakers were 4-0 against the Pistons and Pacers that season :mjlol:

The date this game takes place on the show should have been a home game in LA where the lakers blew out the Celtics. The game in Boston was later in the season. Lakers won 100-98 with Nixon icing 2 free throws. Magic played like shyt tho

So none of the game stuff in this episode has been accurate? :beli:

I don't buy that bullshyt with Cookie either, like she is love of Magic Johnson. She probably the only one who put up with his cheating hoeing cause she wanted that lifestyle. A regular woman would have left after the HIV diagnosis.

Btw, as far as team series’ go… a Bad Boys Pistons series would be right there with this showtime series. They beefed with this Lakers team, beefed with Boston even worse, and then Michael at the end. You’d have to make the off the court stuff compelling but that can’t be too hard especially if they’re making some of it up.

A Bad Boy Pistons series would be amazing and even MJ first season with the bulls. The possibilities.

It must be a trip for Norm Nixon's son. Guy grows up to be an actor who plays his dad on this tv show.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gotta give this a bit of criticism.

The last episode had almost absolutely NO BASIS WHATSOEVER in reality and I can kind of understand why the principal people the show is dramatizing would be upset at their portrayals.

You would have thought that Paul Westhead wasn’t born with a Y Chromosome the way they had him crying and sweating like a little bytch in this episode, I mean some real disrespectful almost character assassinating stuff.

Also the Lakers didn’t go on a losing streak before miraculously defeating Boston. The episode really wants the audience to think Westhead was inept with no backbone which simply isn’t true.

I get that this is a dramatization and not everything is going to be 100% truthful but good LORD straight up rewriting history just to make one man look like the most pussified punk on planet EARTH is extreme.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Gotta give this a bit of criticism.

The last episode had almost absolutely NO BASIS WHATSOEVER in reality and I can kind of understand why the principal people the show is dramatizing would be upset at their portrayals.

You would have thought that Paul Westhead wasn’t born with a Y Chromosome the way they had him crying and sweating like a little bytch in this episode, I mean some real disrespectful almost character assassinating stuff.

Also the Lakers didn’t go on a losing streak before miraculously defeating Boston. The episode really wants the audience to think Westhead was inept with no backbone which simply isn’t true.

I get that this is a dramatization and not everything is going to be 100% truthful but good LORD straight up rewriting history just to make one man look like the most pussified punk on planet EARTH is extreme.
You can tell this show was definitely largeky through a Jeanie Buss lens because there are certain shyt where you can just feel the smear at work.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I feel like Isaih is gonna show up for season 2.
A little early. Unless they combine 2 basketball seasons into next television season. Isiah gets drafted in 81. I don’t remember when Magic took Isiah under his wing tho. I WANT to say it was around 84.

Last edited: