Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Bless us bro. How did the last few minutes play out?
The date this game takes place on the show should have been a home game in LA where the lakers blew out the Celtics. The game in Boston was later in the season. Lakers won 100-98 with Nixon icing 2 free throws. Magic played like shyt tho

Last edited:

clutch

Future shock
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
90s cowboys would do the trick easy

shopping

Same guy who wrote the book Winning Time is based on also wrote this book about the Cowboys. Wouldn't surprise me if HBO or somebody else turns this into a show. Great book.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Btw, as far as team series’ go… a Bad Boys Pistons series would be right there with this showtime series. They beefed with this Lakers team, beefed with Boston even worse, and then Michael at the end. You’d have to make the off the court stuff compelling but that can’t be too hard especially if they’re making some of it up.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We're at least getting up to the HIV diagnosis - that was the cold open on the first episode and MJ was on the cover of the mag in the waiting room.

I just want to hear some of the stories if the actor they cast gets to shadow MJ :mjlol:.

The wardrobe alone is gonna be :mjgrin:
Nah, MJ was on his GQ shyt back then. Back when Juanita was dressing him. He fell off when she left.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This show better get all the Emmy love man it's just too good everyone is just killing their roles

fukk BOSTON

this shyt is incredible….the way they capture the thrill of winning yet marry it to the real life losses everyone was privately taking in their personal lives…. The honesty is refreshing…..

Wood Harris making you feel the realization of a player past his prime but still with something to contribute…magic being so green at times it’s irritating, but having Kareem to console that irritation because you feel his pain of having to deal with it…and the father co-signing on some brotherhood we a village type shyt….

great casting all around…this has to get an Emmy

And yea….
FUKK BOSTON

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
this shyt is incredible….the way they capture the thrill of winning yet marry it to the real life losses everyone was privately taking in their personal lives…. The honesty is refreshing…..

Wood Harris making you feel the realization of a player past his prime but still with something to contribute…magic being so green at times it’s irritating, but having Kareem to console that irritation because you feel his pain of having to deal with it…and the father co-signing on some brotherhood we a village type shyt….

great casting all around…this has to get an Emmy

And yea….
FUKK BOSTON
My ONLY gripe is Wood looks misplaced as fukk on the court. He’s so much smaller than everyone so seeing him be an “enforcer” was comical. He even tried to flex to make him look bigger but it didn’t work. They were better off using a body double and shooting everything from behind him.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
My ONLY gripe is Wood looks misplaced as fukk on the court. He’s so much smaller than everyone so seeing him be an “enforcer” was comical. He even tried to flex to make him look bigger but it didn’t work. They were better off using a body double and shooting everything from behind him.
I didn’t notice it…but I’m sure if I look back I’ll see it now that you brought it to attention….I think he’s supposed to be about the same size as bird tho cuz they had contact in real life….but yea imma watch it back….

But Harris brings so much off the court film wise i thinks it’s a
drawback you deal with….

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I didn’t notice it…but I’m sure if I look back I’ll see it now that you brought it to attention….I think he’s supposed to be about the same size as bird tho cuz they had contact in real life….but yea imma watch it back….

But Harris brings so much off the court film wise i thinks it’s a
drawback you deal with….
Oh most definitely.