Official Winning Time Season 1 Thread

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He need to kill that splaboo shyt. That ain't funny or cool. Muhfukka always trying to talk down towards black people.

Hes a boujie black dude, his parents are old time Hollywood folks, dude grew up around boujie folks/$$, I'm not excusing it that's how he rolls, I don't fukk with it tbh.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He keeps mentioning the Invaders. Anyone know what the fukk he’s talking about?

Invaderz were a set of jackboyz/OGz in LA around the 90s/2000s, they would rob/extort black Hollywood elite/rappers (Steve harvey, robbed Martin, Robbed shaq which is why shaq went full Sheriff/deputy mode)

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Hes a boujie black dude, his parents are old time Hollywood folks, dude grew up around boujie folks/$$, I'm not excusing it that's how he rolls, I don't fukk with it tbh.
Yeah I can tell. Even still his levels of bytchassness is extremely high.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a question breh not asking for your social

Nike was a nobody, yes Majic could've took the shares of Nike but again, Nike was nobody/nothing at the time. This is pre-Jordan. Majic took the sure thing/endorsement and the money, his decision wasn't awful, we can only say it was a bad decision damn near 40 years later with Nikes valuation and post Jordan/multi signature athlete success.

Also, you act like Phil Knight was some big bause or notable player in the sneaker industry circia 1980.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Magic made the safe choice.

But with all the juice he had from college to the pros, Nike giving him equity was a very good deal. Just his name alone would have taken the stock up to all time highs that would shyt all over the 100k converse was giving him.

But if they gave magic that bag they may have probably given Magic all the Jordan designs, and nobody would have move sneakers like Michael Jordan.
Bro, you make it to the league right now, Nike offers you 50 million a year and Anta offers you stock, you’re taking Anta?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Bro, you make it to the league right now, and Nike offers you 50 million a year and Anta offers you stock, you’re taking Anta?

exactly and magic was 20
making 100k a year for a shoe deal at that time is ridiculous

In the 1979-80 season, the average salary in the NBA was $173,500.