[Official] Unapologetically Black video game Black Sands: Legends of Kemet (Made by a Black Man)

Will you join the Sands franchise?

• Yes, I will make sure this is spread to everyone I know

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I will support.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Not my cup of tea but I got you.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree, breh.

I've heard that the visual novels from Japan haven't penetrated into the western market as well as they have domestically because of certain stereotypes and tropes. I've heard of Fate Stay Night and a few others and maybe a light novel or two, but besides that, most of it doesn't attract me.

So I think your right when you say this is a market we could get into. It looks a lot less expensive than video games (which can always come later) and comics.

Actually, I myself would love to see more novels dealing with african alternative history.
I definitely feel it will blow up. The comic scene has never been stronger and a visual novel is a way for a comic to come to life just like vns due to mangas

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree, breh.

I've heard that the visual novels from Japan haven't penetrated into the western market as well as they have domestically because of certain stereotypes and tropes. I've heard of Fate Stay Night and a few others and maybe a light novel or two, but besides that, most of it doesn't attract me.

So I think your right when you say this is a market we could get into. It looks a lot less expensive than video games (which can always come later) and comics.

Actually, I myself would love to see more novels dealing with african alternative history.
I definitely feel it will blow up. The comic scene has never been stronger and a visual novel is a way for a comic to come to life just like vns due to mangas

Jammer22

All Star
Daps

Probably due to the Marvel and DC movie effect.

What particular comics, mangas, VNs, light novels, graphic novel do you read, follow and get inspiration from? Sorry, I'm really curious.

:lupe:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I know this is specifically an interactive visual novel but I would love to see something like this expand to something similar to the banner saga. Take all the visual novel elements and tie it together with an rpg game.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
screenshot-4.jpg

I'm not a visual novel player, but I might try it because the artwork is good.:yeshrug:I'm a little bit concerned about "Ancient Aliens" being involved in the storyline so if it tries to downgrade black history in anyway, uninstall the game. I haven't played it so I have no clue if it has an "agenda".

No. In fact, the ancient aliens are specifically of the greek, akkadian, and hindu cultures. Kemet will have Ra, who is a demi-god and you as the player will have to build kemet up from the ground up. You should check my stickied thread in the root to learn about the cultures in the sands.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/cult...y-game-document-on-cultural-breakdown.429972/

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Probably due to the Marvel and DC movie effect.

What particular comics, mangas, VNs, light novels, graphic novel do you read, follow and get inspiration from? Sorry, I'm really curious.

:lupe:

I honestly couldn't name specifics. I was and play everything. I am the epitome of a history geek.