[Official] Unapologetically Black video game Black Sands: Legends of Kemet (Made by a Black Man)

Will you join the Sands franchise?

• Yes, I will make sure this is spread to everyone I know

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I will support.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Not my cup of tea but I got you.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Blacksands

Just saw this pop up on my Youtube recommendations

:wow:

Going to try and watch today

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Blacksands

Just saw this pop up on my Youtube recommendations

Going to try and watch today

I went to the comments section.. :wow:

Someone is big mad :whew:

Gonna throw a wrench in that cac's nightmare.

Streetsweeper121 minute ago (edited)
@Cegesh "We study the kinship of two high-status Egyptians from the 12th Dynasty.. Ancient DNA was extracted from the teeth of the two mummies.. Sequences were obtained after hybridization capture of mtDNA and Y chromosome DNA.. Both mummies belong to mt haplotype M1a1, suggesting a maternal relationship.... Y DNA sequences showed variations, indicating that the mummies had different fathers..The SNP identities were consistent with mtDNA haplogroup M1a1 with 88.05โ€“91.27% degree of confidence, thus confirming the African origins of the two individuals." --Drosoua et al. 2018. The kinship of two 12th Dynasty mummies revealed by ancient DNA sequencing.

Jrnl of Ar Sci, v17. Feb 2018, 793-797

https://www.docdroid.net/6a7GXnr/the-kinship-of-two-12th-dynasty-mummies-revealed-by-ancient-dna-sequencing-drosou-et-al-2017.pdf 12th dynastic period mummies came back as unapologetically AFRICAN.

"These results indicate that both Ramesses III and Unknown Man E (possibly his son Pentawer) shared an ancestral component with present day populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. A previous issue of DNA Tribes Digest identified African related ancestry for King Tut and other royal mummies from the Amarna Period. In this issue, results indicate that the later pharaoh Ramesses III also inherited alleles that are most frequent in present day populations of Sub-Saharan Africa. This provides additional, independent evidence of Sub-Saharan African ancestry (possibly among several ancestral components) for pharaonic families of ancient Egypt." http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2013-02-01.pdf You done?

You are BIG mad lmao. Keep wasting your worthless time on trying to discredit Africans out of history. Wasn't y'all emperors and shieet too?
I know that cac gonna rage hard when he get his YT notification :mjlol:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i just want to say congrats @Blacksands for reaching the goal. very motivating
Word.

I was just wondering about this the other day before I saw it on Youtube. Like there's so much dope material and history for black people that has never been put in to mediums that we see many other cultures put in to.

We're familiar with Vikings, and Greek Mythology and the story arcs for stuff dealing with Nordic and Medi-evil themes, but it's hard to find high quality productions for black ancient stories

This is it

Daps
I still has my concerns with this, but that doesn't mean i want this to fail. This can blow up like Tolkien if done right, it needs to be more inclusive of other African people and cultures, to maintain a diverse look. It's going to fall apart if it's just one culture. Tolkien also included multiple cultures, which gave him a bigger audience.

If i wasn't clear with my complaint of your character designs before. Here is an example of how Africans in Africa choose to promote their men and women, in a fantasy setting.
51e4YFtrJUL.jpg

In comparison to how you choose to portray African men and women, your women are okay but all of your men look like one dimensional barbarians that are used to stereotype Africans in the media, which is probably where you got the inspiration from. Before your say "that's what they looked like back then" understand women walk around topless in Africa and in ancient Egypt incest was a thing

Last edited:

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I still has my concerns with this, but that doesn't mean i want this to fail. This can blow up like Tolkien if done right, it needs to be more inclusive of other African people and cultures, to maintain a diverse look. It's going to fall apart if it's just one culture. Tolkien also included multiple cultures, which gave him a bigger audience.

If i wasn't clear with my complaint of your character designs before. Here is an example of how Africans in Africa choose to promote their men and women, in a fantasy setting.
51e4YFtrJUL.jpg

In comparison to how you choose to portray African men and women, your women are okay but all of your men look like one dimensional barbarians that are used to stereotype Africans in the media, which is probably where you got the inspiration from. Before your say "that's what they looked like back then" understand women walk around topless in Africa and in ancient Egypt incest was a thing

K. First, this thread is super old. It is the first thread i ever made about my company. Currently we have 70k in sales this year, we just closed a 480k round and now have 15000 investors from the black community, and 30000 copies sold.

Too many pessimists here. "I still have my doubts."

Ok. Have your doubts. The black community is not in doubt at all

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
K. First, this thread is super old. It is the first thread i ever made about my company. Currently we have 70k in sales this year, we just closed a 480k round and now have 15000 investors from the black community, and 30000 copies sold.

Too many pessimists here. "I still have my doubts."

Ok. Have your doubts. The black community is not in doubt at all
:salute: