[Official] Unapologetically Black video game Black Sands: Legends of Kemet (Made by a Black Man)

Will you join the Sands franchise?

• Yes, I will make sure this is spread to everyone I know

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I will support.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Not my cup of tea but I got you.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Blacksands

Whats the progress so far? Because on Facebook I see some people mentioning/sharing your game. :smile:

While we are producing the game in the background, we are going hard into merchandising right now.

We are making a Black Sands Collection which involves 1 game poster, 10 iconic posters, and 1 coloring book.

There will be three bundles.

Mortals Pack - You will get 5 posters of the humans of Legends of Kemet in iconic imagery like the stuff above.

Ancients Pack - You will get 5 posters of the Aliens of Legends of Kemet in iconic imagery.

Gods of Kemet Pack - You will receive all 11 posters and 2 free copies of the Coloring book when that is published.

We will be at Onyxcon raising all types of hell in August while starting our kickstarter to get the final funds needed to push this production into overdrive and release by Feb 2017

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
While we are producing the game in the background, we are going hard into merchandising right now.

We are making a Black Sands Collection which involves 1 game poster, 10 iconic posters, and 1 coloring book.

There will be three bundles.

Mortals Pack - You will get 5 posters of the humans of Legends of Kemet in iconic imagery like the stuff above.

Ancients Pack - You will get 5 posters of the Aliens of Legends of Kemet in iconic imagery.

Gods of Kemet Pack - You will receive all 11 posters and 2 free copies of the Coloring book when that is published.

We will be at Onyxcon raising all types of hell in August while starting our kickstarter to get the final funds needed to push this production into overdrive and release by Feb 2017

This really gives young black people like myself inspiration to continue our work whether it be independent video games, comics, mangas, novels or even films. You're showing us the light on the Coli that it CAN be done.

No one here shouldn't say anything negative about this game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This really gives young black people like myself inspiration to continue our work whether it be independent video games, comics, mangas, novels or even films. You're showing us the light on the Coli that it CAN be done.

No one here shouldn't say anything negative about this game.
Nah. Criticism should always be allowed but everyone should definitely support any way they can.
Getting the word out there is going to be huge. And even if the first project isn't perfect, it just paves the way to get better and better with each project.
I wouldn't automatically shun someone just because they weren't feeling it.
You'll never grow without criticism.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Nah. Criticism should always be allowed but everyone should definitely support any way they can.
Getting the word out there is going to be huge. And even if the first project isn't perfect, it just paves the way to get better and better with each project.
I wouldn't automatically shun someone just because they weren't feeling it.
You'll never grow without criticism.

I should have elaborated. Of course constructive criticism is needed, but not the hating by that one person in this thread.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@GoldenGlove @Rain @Liquid
What's the possibility of this thread getting a sticky for a few weeks?
Dude is an independent developer making a game based on African, Middle Eastern, and Hindu cultures and is trying to get some more exposure.
We could take down my Doom thread that isn't getting any kind of traffic and replace it with this one.

Daps

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven