[Official] Unapologetically Black video game Black Sands: Legends of Kemet (Made by a Black Man)

Will you join the Sands franchise?

• Yes, I will make sure this is spread to everyone I know

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I will support.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Not my cup of tea but I got you.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
696ffeca-c486-4db1-b18d-d7c2447b47da_zpshdn36aky.jpg

Vritra, Dragon King of the Asura – Before the internal fighting of the Deva, there were many families of the old bloodlines similar to each other. The Asura were one of those lines. They were most like the Deva in strength and technique but their ideologies were completely at odds. Vritra was a ruler who did not wish control over his people. Asura grew independent of each other and wished to integrate with humanity when they left the Rift. The Deva used the actions of a few of the wilder Asura to condemn the rest and consorted with the Anunnaki and Titans to destroy them. In an effort to save his people, Vrtira surrendered to the Deva. He knew his people stood no chance because they were not united under one cause. The Deva created a massive dimensional tare underground to house the most dangerous prison that ever existed and sealed all the Asura there for the rest of eternity. The Asura now knew the reality of their weakness from being such independent souls and if they were ever to get their chance again, they would unite under Vritra and put the Deva down for good.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Its actually much broader then that.

It is based on Kushyte, Kemetic, Ethiopian, Canaanite, Phoenician, Minoan, Greek, Akkadian(Mesopotamian), and Hindu mythologies and cultures.

The first chapter which is this game takes place in neither. It is a God's Proving Ground where Ra and his companions must prove themselves worthy enough to reign over humans in the first place. How we incorporate all these pantheons and mythologies into one story with no holes is by tying everything with the ancient alien theory and setting very specific rules that no one can surpass.

dope...

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Sands is a OELVN (English Visual Novel) about Ancient Kemet and Ancient Aliens. The game breaks many genre norms by being comic art based and having multiple main characters like in game of thrones. The game has a heavy emphasis on exploration with our map and quest system.

screenshot-4.jpg

Features
  • Ancient Aliens
  • Interactive Maps & Exploration
  • Ancient Mythological Gods and Monsters
  • Psychological Thriller
  • Love Triangle
  • Comic Art Style
  • Quest and Random Events
  • Dark Humor
424bcb_a80a852631ae4920872a9125625de08d.jpg

Story Synopsis
Black Sands: Legends of the Rift is a story about the Demi-God Ra, before he becomes the first Pharaoh of Kemet. It takes place in a dimensional tear where he and his kin are raised to be champions for humanity and one day defeat the ancient gods who currently rule the world through fear and slavery. Both the old gods and the new were created by Nun, an alien from the Sirius star system, who came here on a secret mission many millennia ago. The ancient gods who currently rule the world are the Titans, Deva, and Anunnaki.

screenshot-1.jpg

You will be playing as Ra. Your job is to lead other historical figures to victory in the dangerous trials of the Rift while uncovering ancient secrets and mastering physical and psychological strengths. Decisions like who is capable of completing a mission, leading through fear or honor, building a true relationship with the female lead, using forbidden powers, betraying your allies, are all yours to make. It is not a simple task to be a leader, not at all. But it is something that will be wildly entertaining and inspirational.
read the history here.

amesemi.png

About Black Sands Entertainment
Black Sands Entertainment was founded as a DBA in NYC. It is a small game studio working exclusively on the Black Sands series in the visual novel median. While being an indie game company, Black Sands has hired the help of experienced PR consultants and other experts in the gaming community. Understanding what it takes to make Black Sands a reality, the company developed spread sheets for the entire storyline and a large amount of assets to prove that although young and with little credibility, the effort put in prior to funding shows a bright future in store for the company.

Black Sands

I'm not a visual novel player, but I might try it because the artwork is good.:yeshrug:I'm a little bit concerned about "Ancient Aliens" being involved in the storyline so if it tries to downgrade black history in anyway, uninstall the game. I haven't played it so I have no clue if it has an "agenda".