[Official] Unapologetically Black video game Black Sands: Legends of Kemet (Made by a Black Man)

Will you join the Sands franchise?

• Yes, I will make sure this is spread to everyone I know

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I will support.

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Not my cup of tea but I got you.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Man. Shut the fukk up. You're a terrible troll.

You'll be banned soon enough and the forum will be better for it.

I'm a troll for pointing out inaccuracies? nah nikka, you just stupid on that hotep bullshyt, got no actuall arguments against anything I said.

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps
OK cac. Go back to storm front

so you a troll im guessing? because its several pages now and youve added NOTHING to the thread other than trying to insult people, at no point have you brought forward anything against the point i made, whats wrong? cant formulate an argument? or is it because you know im right.

if you really one of us make a game about our actual west african roots or a game starring black american characters, not this ancient egypt bullshyt we had nothing to do with

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wait you're making this? This is pretty good! What African mythology is this game based off? It looks Nile Valley mythology.
Its actually much broader then that.

It is based on Kushyte, Kemetic, Ethiopian, Canaanite, Phoenician, Minoan, Greek, Akkadian(Mesopotamian), and Hindu mythologies and cultures.

The first chapter which is this game takes place in neither. It is a God's Proving Ground where Ra and his companions must prove themselves worthy enough to reign over humans in the first place. How we incorporate all these pantheons and mythologies into one story with no holes is by tying everything with the ancient alien theory and setting very specific rules that no one can surpass.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Blacksands

I didn't read the OP in full depth, but I would really consider starting a kickstarter. I would actually fund this game.

Anyways what is the budget for this game?

We will definitely have a kickstarter. The game is semi-expensive for a visual novel BUT we will set our goal low because we have a decent income outside production but if we hit the stretch goals, you will see one of the most stunning games of all time.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Trailer looks like the scenes you see between fights in the story mode of a fighting game.
Can't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet but I've been talking about the need for an Egyptian themed game for a minute on here so Im with it.

Well I believe most of you guys have never played a visual novel. They are basically interactive graphic novels. We are currently working on the trailer and also a short demo featuring an investigation mission.

The entire game is basically one big cutscene but you will decide how the story progresses.
This.
I'll throw in on that.

One thing is certain. When I do my Prefundia to get everyone listed for the launch of the KS, I want people who will back to get others to do the same. We need to make this viral enough that the big wigs take notice.

If one of these rappers and big tech black dudes see this, its a rap. In two years you will not only see this series of games, but also a netflix anime, comics, etc.

This is an intellectual property gold mine. Copyrighted of course :pachaha:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Well I believe most of you guys have never played a visual novel. They are basically interactive graphic novels. We are currently working on the trailer and also a short demo featuring an investigation mission.

The entire game is basically one big cutscene but you will decide how the story progresses.

One thing is certain. When I do my Prefundia to get everyone listed for the launch of the KS, I want people who will back to get others to do the same. We need to make this viral enough that the big wigs take notice.

If one of these rappers and big tech black dudes see this, its a rap. In two years you will not only see this series of games, but also a netflix anime, comics, etc.

I've watched a few graphic novels. (The metal gear solid one was one of my favorite). I've beaten all of the telltale games with the exception of the Borderlands one (Not the same thing I know, but similar idea) .
I'd imagine the success of this game is going to rely heavily on how interesting you make the story. The art and overall concept is dope already.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids

Good for you, brother. I hope it works out for you.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I stopped engaging the troll a while ago but I am glad others are. I kind of dont want him banned. He is giving me free bumps and galvonizing the base to support this game.

He is like the trump of this game. Everyone needs a hater to make the supporters stronger.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've watched a few graphic novels. (The metal gear solid one was one of my favorite). I've beaten all of the telltale games with the exception of the Borderlands one (Not the same thing I know, but similar idea) .
I'd imagine the success of this game is going to rely heavily on how interesting you make the story. The art and overall concept is dope already.
you better believe this is the best story ever.

Not only is the content boss, but I source everything. When I make X god a mad berserker who fallen from grace, I explain in detail in the in game director's notes the history of X god in real life and my theory for my take on it.

So players will not only get an amazing story but also knowledge of mythologies and locations they would never cover in class or television. The ancients were way more interesting then we are led to believe

P.S. I really want telltale to pick up this franchise. Their budget and systems are superior to what I currently can use.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it sux that my thread rating is being effected by the few people who simply hate ancient egypt.

If you like this. Vote uptop to drown out the haters. Honest votes are always good. But haterz dropping 1s because "not west african" is just silly.