Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Honestly, they had the perfect format for how the series should be told from S1.

I think his season would have been much better if the storytelling was how the original season went about it.

I'm not sure why they went away from that anyway... The detective interview/testimony framework was perfect for the series and helps keep things in perspective. The super natural shyt they were going for just wasn't it at all. They had enough material to work with outside of that. Show would just have random sci-fi sounds and flashbacks all throughout every episode

:camby:

That's the style/framework they ran with when they did the police drama 'We Own the City' and it worked beautifully for that as well...

This was a rare miss from HBO.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the absolute fukk was that ending :dead:

Even if it was a movie instead of a show that outcome would’ve been horrible

So disappointing, because the location and initial premise had so much promise but they completely fumbled. One can only wonder how this would’ve turned out with a more competent showrunner

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What the absolute fukk was that ending :dead:

Even if it was a movie instead of a show that outcome would’ve been horrible

So disappointing, because the location and initial premise had so much promise but they completely fumbled. One can only wonder how this would’ve turned out with a more competent showrunner

I don't think that was ever in the cards because apparently this was all written before it became a 'True Detective' season. They shoehorned in some references and that was that. Shame.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That was brutally poor writing. None of this made any sense at all.

What the fukk was up with the oranges? So the cop bytch was just a seeing thinks all the time? She was able to see the supernatural?

The way the people were found frozen together makes no sense if they were forced to walk out into the dark.

So many plot holes I can’t even remember.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Hmmm.
So a movie or series that's good to you and the critics trash they wrong.
But if you hate the show and the critics say it's good they still wrong. Lol
I enjoyed it and some of yall take shyt too deep and serious.
I am glad I view real life shyt more important than to worry about how a show is written.
I got responsibilities and all I need is an escape from reality at times.
It has flaws so be it, long as I am entertained.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I love how some of you niccas here with strawman arguments or just completely fabricating shyt just cuz somebody has something 'not so nice' to say about a show you liked as if it gives you some sort of moral superiority or something :dead:

Mfs putting all kind of shyt on nicca's jackets---incels, anti-feminist, too invested, thinking too deep, etc 🤣

Put a name on those bullets & then actually go through niccas post history so y'all look like dumb asses when you realize none of that is true and niccas just simply either didn't like the show or had issues with how it was developed and there isn't anything wrong that.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I'mma read it but:patrice:

If we mean satisfying as in the case was solved, then yes. First season was a letdown, all those theories went out the window with the finale. Second season, too convoluted and trying to re-remember that ending will hurt my brain. (I wrote it out somewhere and can't remember if it was here or not). Third season, they were going to solve it until Mahershala's character forgot.

Murder mysteries are hard to write brehs. The journey matters just as much as the case being solved which TD hasn't gotten right throughout it's run.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I love how some of you niccas here with strawman arguments or just completely fabricating shyt just cuz somebody has something 'not so nice' to say about a show you liked as if it gives you some sort of moral superiority or something :dead:

Mfs putting all kind of shyt on nicca's jackets---incels, anti-feminist, too invested, thinking too deep, etc 🤣

Put a name on those bullets & then actually go through niccas post history so y'all look like dumb asses when you realize none of that is true and niccas just simply either didn't like the show or had issues with how it was developed and there isn't anything wrong that.
Man... Let them enjoy their Blue Clues Detective stories.

How dare we try to discuss and critique a television property in a thread about said property.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I was ready to clown on nikkas with my usual he man woman haters steeze but even I had to fall back on this one :mjlol: