Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm going through Season 1 right now; buildings being crushed every episode as I was told/expected.

I've also been told that they haven't produced another even decent season since, and I see y'all burying S4's ending. I'm guessing they just have entirely different show runners and shyt after S1?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm going through Season 1 right now; buildings being crushed every episode as I was told/expected.

I've also been told that they haven't produced another even decent season since, and I see y'all burying S4's ending. I'm guessing they just have entirely different show runners and shyt after S1?
New showrunner after Pizzolatto left the IP back in 2019. Supposedly had a new show in the works at FX, but that fell through. HBO tried to reanimate its corpse afterwards with Issa’s standalone script to get where we’re at now.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The writers and director sitting there with the same face :dahell:
This is how they are looking at them.

3yTss2M.jpeg

Oville

Pro
Daps
This season was trash but Nic Pizolatto always came across to me like an arrogant, pretentious, narcissistic motherfukker. Season 4 doesn't just take from the lore of season 1, it incorporates some of the worse habits of 2 and 3 written by Pizolotto. The convoluted mess of a story and a killer that no one could be really be invested in as in season 2. As well as the incredibly rushed explanation regarding the whole case all delivered within a few minutes of one episode as is what happened in season 3.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
It was an ok ending. Now that it’s all played out, I don’t understand why they tied it to Season 1. It was completely unnecessary, didn’t really add to the storyline, and increased expectations to a level they couldn’t deliver. It could have remained a stand alone story. None of the other seasons overlapped anyway.