Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Navarro just walked off into the arctic on foot? So she killed herself like her sister or....:wtf:What was the point in the spiral shyt? Why did the scientist dude in the hospital rise up like that? What was the point in most of this shyt happening? Man what the fukk HBO really signed off on this??
My interpretation was that she killed herself. That is why Danvers says to her if you go make sure you come back. At the end I took it as Navarro visiting Danvers as a spirit, at her home. As far as the scientist (Anders) rising up, just another moment of Navarro seeing shyt. Guess once she got her real name, it was game over over at that point. Poor Qavvik:pachaha:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Legitimate question. Did someone at HBO say to just throw the True Detective name on this shyt to get more viewers?

Season 2 was bad, but season 3 was alright to redeem the "franchise." This shyt is dead now after this :mjlol:
According to the writer/director, that is actually exactly what happened. She already had a story and HBO was calling around to see if anyone had any stories that were close enough to "revive" the True Detective "franchise"

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Mothafukkin’ GODDAMN orange peel spirals. :dead:

55d3e009-acd9-4535-9ab2-fae4291f0541_text.gif
The GOAT :russ:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Absolute rubbish finale. :pjlol:

I know there's gonna be a handful of you contrarians in here to
17140-724b1d1a01c1d1fc7b47db2fed496ab1.jpg
this bullshyt too. :unimpressed:

Buncha red herrings in every episode only for...

the fukking cleaning ladies wiping out the scientists like a group of Sicarios. :pjlol:

Everybody hearing "voices" and seeing "ghosts." :unimpressed:

This is some garbage I'd expect on Netflix, not HBO.
Them women came through like Soccom:russ::russ::russ::russ::bustback::bustback::bustback:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
*insert Brad Pitt in Troy saying is there no one else gif*

Seriously, of the 8 billion people on this planet no one else can write a fire ass season of this show? The directions and options you have in a TD season are almost endless. fukk is going on?
Where is the nikka they stole from for season 1?? I don’t give a fukk if he writing care bear stories now we need something to steal from cause this bullshyt ain’t it :mjlol:

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
Finally finished. I didn’t mind the last episode, just happy to see the story resolved. I figure, at worst, they can always write this off as a one-shot spinoff. It would have worked better as a movie, but I’ll live.

I have to say, if we want the vibe of the first season, fans have to stop crying and bytching and really lobby for HBO to pay Nic, Cary, etc. We as fans need to also truly pressure HBO and discover to bring back the budget it needs for a full 8-10 episode season. We can already see what happens when it gets crunched down into 6 episodes. Again, as a fan, I’ll live. I was entertained. I still love all the other seasons more, but I can respect the effort of trying something new.

Now that that’s out of the way, I’m about to email HBO demanding they make Issa Lopez the permanent show runner, and maybe hire Issa Rae as the permanent director. All the tears and crying I saw on the Reddit comments has spoiled me and I want to see absolute misery every week

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I still can't believe that they didn't make a flashback episode for the research station or true background on the indigenous people. They really half ass build towards that murder. The whole season was just so surface level and basic.

I don't know why I would expect any layer of nuiance with a detective show that has plot ghosts and just terrible leaps of logic with so much conveniences.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where is the nikka they stole from in season 1?? I don’t give a fukk if he writing care bear stories now we need something to steal from cause this bullshyt ain’t it :mjlol:

Thomas Ligotti? Being a reclusive weirdo. Aside from that, not much. He hasn't released anything since 2014.

Side note, if you want to see where Rust Cohle got his whole style from, read "The Conspiracy Against The Human Race" by Ligotti. Or hell, read every book of his you can get your hands on. Some are only available on Ebay though, I spent $100 on "Noctuary".

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, they had the perfect format for how the series should be told from S1.

I think his season would have been much better if the storytelling was how the original season went about it.

I'm not sure why they went away from that anyway... The detective interview/testimony framework was perfect for the series and helps keep things in perspective. The super natural shyt they were going for just wasn't it at all. They had enough material to work with outside of that. Show would just have random sci-fi sounds and flashbacks all throughout every episode

:camby: