Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished the finale, from an emotional standpoint of the Navarro/Danvers characters and an explanation of what happened to the scientists/Annie I would say it was satisfying. I wouldn't have been able to piece together the ultimate group responsible and the road to get there wasn't the smoothest. Clark/Otis as breadcrumbs weren't the best. The series has always floated around the supernatural/mysterious angle, but never fully dived in for any of the seasons. The spiral and previous callbacks weren't needed.

Ultimately the show seemed concerned with the main partnership between Danvers/Navarro and the town of Ennis. What the mine and scientist station were doing to the community. The setting was definitely one of the highlights of the season.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the finale, from an emotional standpoint of the Navarro/Danvers characters and an explanation of what happened to the scientists/Annie I would say it was satisfying. I wouldn't have been able to piece together the ultimate group responsible and the road to get there wasn't the smoothest. Clark/Otis as breadcrumbs weren't the best. The series has always floated around the supernatural/mysterious angle, but never fully dived in for any of the seasons. The spiral and previous callbacks weren't needed.

Ultimately the show seemed concerned with the main partnership between Danvers/Navarro and the town of Ennis. What the mine and scientist station were doing to the community. The setting was definitely one of the highlights of the season.
They left like an easy 2 episodes worth exploring on the table. Just weird... A flashback of the research facility and getting a more elaborate background on the facility would of been compelling.

There is no way that this was originally conceived as a TV series. They left so much shyt on the table as a writer.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Absolute rubbish finale. :pjlol:

I know there's gonna be a handful of you contrarians in here to
17140-724b1d1a01c1d1fc7b47db2fed496ab1.jpg
this bullshyt too. :unimpressed:

Buncha red herrings in every episode only for...

the fukking cleaning ladies wiping out the scientists like a group of Sicarios. :pjlol:

Everybody hearing "voices" and seeing "ghosts." :unimpressed:

This is some garbage I'd expect on Netflix, not HBO.