Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Lol maaaan, this occult shyt is different. Normally they make it seem like it's some ghosts, but it's just demonic. This shyt is reminding me of The Outsider, which was :fire: but this is like a bullshyt clone

Ngl this shyt been making me wanna go byke & do a rewatch of The Outside fr. They keep tryna recommend it every time this shyt go off anyway. Shyt, they should of let homegirl do a 2nd season of that instead of forcing her to fly under the TD banner. She could've went full blown wit sum of the shyt she tryna do

Oville

Pro
Daps
Show's been ass. Thought it'd go in a better direction after ep 3 but regressed after ep 4. The case is the most interesting thing about this show but it took a backseat to focus the characters who I feel the show has not done a good job of making me give a shyt about.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Show's been ass. Thought it'd go in a better direction after ep 3 but regressed after ep 4. The case is the most interesting thing about this show but it took a backseat to focus the characters who I feel the show has not done a good job of making me give a shyt about.
EP 4 was really was make or break for the season. Then, they completely shyt the bed in so many ways that I don't even understand.

Like damn.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Ngl this shyt been making me wanna go byke & do a rewatch of The Outside fr. They keep tryna recommend it every time this shyt go off anyway. Shyt, they should of let homegirl do a 2nd season of that instead of forcing her to fly under the TD banner. She could've went full blown wit sum of the shyt she tryna do
The Outsider is 100% what Night Country should of been. If The Outsider wasn't a Stephen King joint. It's more True Detective than this.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
S1 and S4 are clearly very linked. Even some of the characters and places are tied to each other. S2 & S3 had whispers of connections to S1 but nothing as direct as the cult, etc. Maybe that is now the path of TD... either S4 closes the loop or the rest of the seasons continued to be tied together.

HBO has an accompanying podcast and in the intro episode they say the "culprit" is someone we see in every episode and will be right under our noses. Will be interesting how that plays out.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
S1 and S4 are clearly very linked. Even some of the characters and places are tied to each other. S2 & S3 had whispers of connections to S1 but nothing as direct as the cult, etc. Maybe that is now the path of TD... either S4 closes the loop or the rest of the seasons continued to be tied together.

HBO has an accompanying podcast and in the intro episode they say the "culprit" is someone we see in every episode and will be right under our noses. Will be interesting how that plays out.
Probably the guy that Narravo is fukking.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The Nic shade is absolutely wild. At least we got a phenomenal season of television off of that stolen material. The character development was just as crucial as Fukunaga’s direction. If anything, Issa López should be thanking Pizzo because without him and his ghostwriter, her piss-poor script wouldn’t see the light of day.

And I’m not even all that heated at her than I am with HBO. They’re the ones who looked at the screenplay and thought what they read was worth a tack-on for an IP that’s been in limbo since 2019. They…actually considered bringing Sam Levinson in to helm this at one point. This shyt was dead from the get-go and I got baited like a fool.

I thought it was reported before that Fukunaga was basically filtering out Nic Pizzolatto's bullshyt in season 1 & it came to blows. That's why Fukunaga left before season 2 and Pizzolatto wrote that pervy Asian director character that was supposed to be a diss to Fukunaga.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m in the minority; I liked the last episode. And… I’m ready for them to wrap this up.

I binge watched season 3 before this one and honestly, this is about as uneventful as that season was. A lot of meandering and exploring characters who don’t matter. With a reveal at the end.

TD is an anthology series so I’m okay with this. If American Horror Story can crank out seasons this show can too.
The lack of action is hurting this season more than anything. Where’s the shoot out/car chase/mma fight?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought it was reported before that Fukunaga was basically filtering out Nic Pizzolatto's bullshyt in season 1 & it came to blows. That's why Fukunaga left before season 2 and Pizzolatto wrote that pervy Asian director character that was supposed to be a diss to Fukunaga.

Right. We don't know what the creative differences came down to, I think the Pizalato going of the rails shows up a little in scenes where someone says "I'll skull fukk you bytch" and "i want you to fukk me in the ass", "Did you suck his dikk, there's a lot of male genitalia references for awhile in S1

bits of those sex scenes kind of have the "sexually frustrated academic" feel to me, but that's all speculation by me.

That asian caricature should probably not have been allowed by excec, but we also know that Fukuknuaa was credibly accused of various forms of weird behavior, and his career has been stalled since.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I know its sexist, but women shouldn't get free reign to write a show by themselves. Some of these side storylines just seem pointless. Prior getting emasculated by Danvers and his wife. Prior Sr getting catfished like an idiot. There aint one strong male character on the entire show. Navarro staring at the christmas tree in a catatonic state like a drooling idiot had me sayin "wtf did I just watch". 4 episodes in, we don't have a killer, we don't know if there's a killer, we never even seen anyone get killed. No wonder why Nic wanted to distance himself from this. I have a feeling this ice cave bullshyt with its prehistoric whale bones and fissures is about to be some of the worst television I've ever seen.

Unfortunately cheap political and social statements are prioritized over solid story telling nowadays . There are good shows with strong female casts (sharp objects & season 1 of big little lies) . But then you have garbage like this season …even mare of Easttown was good. The issue isn’t women involvement . It’s the intent of the writers and directors .

• Dap
Reactions: ADP